“Love it, love it, love it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seahawk Inn & Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seahawk Inn & Villas
You added Seahawk Inn & Villas to your Saves list
105 Salter Path Road, P.O. Box 177, Atlantic Beach, NC 28512   |
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
North Carolina
“Love it, love it, love it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The rooms may be a little dated but they are very clean. The view, the beach, the pool, the great staff, the chairs and umbrellas on the beach - all reasons why we keep coming back. Pet friendly rooms and nearby restaurants and bar are added plus. Thanks Kim and staff for another wonderful visit!

Room Tip: 1st floor has easy pool and beach access from slider door.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kernersville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was totally embarrased as I brought my daughter and soon to be daughter in law for a mini vacation and decided to try a stay at Sea Hawk. It was disgusting from the entrance into the cottage I had reserved and into the night, with unclean utensils in the kitchen area to the lamps in the living area not working, in fact, were an electrical hazzard. I checked out the next day, not staying my entire reservation, and would NOT recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Do not recommend at all!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
kjweirick, General Manager at Seahawk Inn & Villas, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
I appreciate all comments and feedback to our accomodations at the Seahawk Inn & Villas. The bad experience that you had received from the cottage is not of the normal, as we have good reviews often. I appologize for your experience, as all of the issues could had been easily corrected. I also had a pleasant conversation with you on June 14th, about your experience, and all issues were addressed. This poor review is not a good reflection of the property. Thank you for expressing your concerns, as the cottage is a quaint place to stay at the beach!
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

While I love the quaintness of an older family operated hotel, this one was way over priced. The television was incredibly small, bathroom has a pedestal sink with very little space for toiletries. Although the water pressure in the shower was great, the fixtures were old and needed replacing. Curtains needed replacing, drop cord laying across the floor from refrigerator to receptacle. It was an OK place to stay, but I feel it was overpriced as compared to some of the nearby hotels.

What I liked about it is parking at the door, pool at your back door and extremely close walk to beach. Not all bad.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
kjweirick, General Manager at Seahawk Inn & Villas, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your constructive information, as we are in the process of updating and replacing, drapes, fixtures and older televisions. I apologize that your room was not considered a good value, as your comments are very appreciated. I hope your next stay with us will be a better experience, with the new feel in the rooms. I encourage you to stay with us again!

Thank you!
Danbury, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

It all began in the fall of 2011 when I was looking for a reasonably-priced accommodation somewhere on the Crystal Coast of North Carolina. It had to be oceanfront, family-oriented and clean. As a small-town newspaper editor and the mother of five children, my budget was very limited.

My brother mentioned a place he had heard of--the Seahawk Inn & Villas at Atlantic Beach--convenient to the bustling Morehead City yet still fairly secluded on the island. Before long, the younger kids and I were settled in a comfortable room at the Seahawk with a sliding glass door that opened onto a lovely grassy yard area with the beach straight ahead.

But in our haste to depart rural, mountainous Stokes County five hours away, I had forgotten my beach chair and was pinching pennies just to take this trip. Never fear--the generous Seahawk manager, Kim, overheard me talking about my dilemma. Before long, a beach chair was at my door with an attached note telling me to enjoy my stay.

That was the beginning of my love affair with the Seahawk.

Since then, I have been back a couple more times. I introduced my husband to the Seahawk when our anniversary rolled around in March 2012. It wasn't long before he, too, loved the place. I recommended it to my adult daughters who went down in April of that year, enjoying it as much as the hubster and I had.

My last trip there was in May 2013--a belated anniversary trip with the hubster. For the first time, we had a second-floor room, which I was immediately taken with. Yes, the first-floor rooms (every room is oceanfront) are great and so convenient--you simply open the sliding glass door and walk out to the pool, grilling/picnic area, hammocks/swings and beach. But I'm a sucker for a great view which the second floor provided. Plus, there was a private balcony with a table and chairs.

Yep, I was sold.

The rooms were clean, colorfully decorated and cool in the heat of the day. I appreciated having a mini-fridge for the take-home boxes I inevitably bring home from every restaurant I visit! My hubster is a TV freak, so he was very pleased with the nice TV and a great variety of channels. I found the beds and pillows comfortable--very important to me, the sleep freak!

When I took my kids to the Seahawk, they loved the pool. It was always clean and sparkling with plentiful lounging chairs sprinkled around it. I've never taken advantage of the grilling facilities outside (ME--cook on vacation? LOL!), but I saw lots of families enjoying them.

You may think this strange, but the hammocks were one of the biggest selling points for me! Oh, how I loved lying in a sturdy hammock with my hubster late at night, watching the stars and the moonglow trace a path across the ocean. My little boy and I particularly loved the double swing that overlooked the sea. One of my adult daughters confessed to me that she spent much of her time at the Seahawk in a hammock with a good book!

The turquoise blues and glowing yellows of the outside decor are pleasing to the eye--the prettiest place anywhere around that area, for sure. Even walking out to the beach each morning was a pleasure, with the decorative flags blowing in the spring breeze. And the beach area is awesome--spacious, clean, beautiful.

One of the best things about the Seahawk is that the grounds are immaculately kept and impeccable. Nothing is out of place, there is no trash and the look of it is pristine. And the management is so on top of things and super-professional while never losing their friendliness and caring attitude. You will always be greeted with a smile and cheerful voice in the beautifully-decorated office/lobby.

Nearby is everything you need for a great trip--a well-stocked grocery store, bait shops, great restaurants, shopping opportunities galore, even a movie theater. Of course, for me, the MUST is a Dairy Queen so that I may have my daily allotment of DQ Blizzards. You will be happy to hear (I know I was!) that there is a DQ very nearby.

So you would think all of this would cost you a fortune, huh? NOT SO! I found the Seahawk to be very affordable, especially in the winter season when rates are incredibly low. And when I say winter, I'm talking as late as March 31 when beach weather is often already very nice!

When I go back to the Crystal Coast for a few days (God willing!), the Seahawk is where I will be. Just writing this review has made me long to be back there right now--lying in a hammock, watching the white-capped waves roll onto the warm sand, hearing the peaceful roar of the surf, feeling the salty breeze ruffle my hair and the golden sun on my face . . .Well, you get the picture!

Room Tip: Although I enjoyed the convenience of my first-floor room last year, I believe I prefer a second-flo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rural Hall, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at the Seahawk Cottage from May 22nd thru May 29th....I enjoyed it very much and would go back. The staff was great, and they are dog friendly which was important to us since our Scoobie is 11 years old and goes where we go....The cottage is private and directly behind the Seahawk. All we had to do was walk around the corner of the bldg to get to the beach. The cottage has two bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen. The only thing that my Husband needed was WIFI....There was WIFI in the rooms and at the pool area...but we were never able to connect in the cottage....But...I knew that before I booked...I would suggest going yourself....They only have the one cottage so book it early.....Thank you Kim...and staff of the SH....I had a wonderful visit....Debbie Jones / Rural Hall, NC

• Stayed May 2013
Kinston, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great little "Mom & Pop " operation. The entire hotel unit is beachfront and very convenient to most everything you need. The units have no microwaves nor stovetops, but furnish nice holland grills (@5) underneath a gazebo for guests to grill out for meals. The grills, beach chairs, and ubrellas are available on a first come first serve basis. The lighters and fuel is furnished for grilling. The hotel is small--rooms only have queensized beds, and most have only 1 bed...but, again, are very close and "Oceanfront!" Most importantly, they are very PET FRIENDLY! We love taking our 11 yr. old 4 legged baby with us, so on that note...it was wonderful. ALL pet rooms are on the 1st floor, so you walk right out back door for doggie to do business. Very clean yards and rooms, except for ciggarette butts laying around on grounds at pool and around outside of units...smoking is allowed on grounds...just not in rooms. We will be returning to this hotel in the near future.

Room Tip: Take your pet...they'll love it ...if they like the beach!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Red Lodge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We decided to stay at this place, based on some generally positive reviews on TripAdvisor. When I called from the road to see about staying, the owner was very pleasant and didn't indicate I needed a reservation for that night. The hotel is located right near the beach, facing the ocean. When we checked in, the room key we were given was for a room under repair. The desk clerk was not informed that particular room was not in service. Immediately on entering the room, the aroma of cleaning products was pretty overpowering. We had to open the sliding door to the balcony, and leave it open for some time. Then we needed to open a window in the bathroom, as well. Since my husband has a serious lung disease, we are very sensitive to odd smells.

The beds in the room were double sized beds, so we each slept in a separate bed. They were not made with a blanket on the bed. And there was only one blanket in the closet. It was not the most comfortable night's sleep we have had in a motel. The rate was a winter rate, and I would not stay here if it were higher. I would not be inclined to stay here again, mostly because of the smell.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea. Given a choice of first or second floor, it's a toss-up. From the second...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
kjweirick, General Manager at Seahawk Inn & Villas, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
The Seahawk Inn & Villas tries to eliminate our mistakes, and certainly we had checked you into a room that was having a winter project completed but not finished. The front desk personnel remembers this isolated incident and corrected the problem by placing you in a room that was appropriate. I apologize for the excessive scent from our professional cleaning products, and again, we would had accomodated you again. We receive compliments often about our cleanliness and fragrance in the rooms, and again I do wish we could had been knowledgable of your dissatisfaction and made another correction. I do hope that you will visit us again!

Been to Seahawk Inn & Villas? Share your experiences!