“DON"T EVER STAY IN THIS DUMP!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Value Inn Asheboro

Save Saved
You added Value Inn Asheboro to your Saves list
Value Inn Asheboro
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   901 Albemarle Road, 220 Bypass & Jct 49, Asheboro, NC 27205 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Asheboro
Jonesville
“DON"T EVER STAY IN THIS DUMP!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

We booked a room in advance because my daughter was going to the prom with a boy from that area. It was one of the cheapest rooms - BIG MISTAKE - and judging by the pictures, we thought it looked nice. The room had not been thoroughtly cleaned; the leg on our bed was broken and the bed kept falling on the floor every time we turned over; the heating/ac didn't work properly and we had to get up throughout the night to adjust it. Between the broken bed leg and adjusting the heating/ac, we got very little sleep. What sleep we did get was interrupted by a large group of Hispanics having a wild party all night long. They kept coming by our room, loud and noisy. The next morning we went for breakfast - ANOTHER BIG MISTAKE! Some of the food looked like a classic case of food poisoning, waiting to happen. It looked left over from the day before and there was no one stocking or taking care of the dining area. The coffee, milk and juice were watered down to the point that it tasted nothing like the original. Other guests there commented about how bad the food and room was, and about the party that kept them up also. I don't know how this dump passes inspection or stays in business. It should be shut down permanently!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mount Airy, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

Got to the first room and found that the heat was not working at all and a wild party going on a couple doors down. We could hear the hooping and hollowing all the way out to the far side of the parking lot while getting our luggage out of the vehicle. Went to the front desk which gave us another room on the other side of the building . Got to the next room and found that there was no wash cloths or towells in the room. Went to the front desk again which was to stand out side in twenty degree wheather and talk through a small hole in the glass.because it was after midnight. Was told I would have to wait till morning when the cleaning staff came in to get the wash cloths and towels. Thats not gonna work so the clerk gave me a key to an empty room to get the wash cloths and towels form that room.
After getting a little settled in we found that one of the beds had a broken leg, the other had stained sheets and there was no toilet paper and only one bar of soap and the place was just overall nasty. I wouldn't recomend this place to anyone. We slept with our clothes on. The heat did work but poorly in this room but there was just as much cold air coming in around the door due to it was our of square with the door frame.
This to me was no better than sleeping in a barn.
Look at the pictures. see for you self.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

The only thing going for this motel is that is was clean, and a good value for room rate. Other than that, it was downhill from there. The website said newly renovated rooms. I know our room was not one of them. There were many rooms being used for storage, but not sure which ones were renovated. There was a pool that we used. The overall all condition of the motel was poor. The building and grounds need major work. We felt isolated staying there,as there were very few other travelers

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Albany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

I wouldn't stay at this "hotel" if it was the last one available. When we arrived (the parking lot was empty...surprise!) and got to our room we found that it had very bad musty smell, the shower curtain and tub had black mold all over them and the rest of the bathroom was no cleaner. There was a frig in the room with NO electrical outlet near by to plug it into. The "workout" room had no equipment and was filled with left over construction materials. We decided after a few hours to check out and leave. A week later I check my credit card bill and they billed me for the entire stay! When I questioned it, they told me it's because I stayed the entire time! I have a receipt that I have been trying to FAX to them showing when we checked out but it seems their FAX machine is "broken". I have NOT been able to get this resolved to date and have opened a complaint with Days Inn! ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
DELAWARE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

I would never ever tell someone to stay here even if it was the last place on earth to go! My husband and i were driving all day and we needed some where to stay so i said days inn.When i got there to pay the lady didnt even give me a receipt.When i got to my room i open the door and it stunk like musky smell.Then i go to get in a nice warm shower and seen that my tub filthy dirty and my shower curtin was so molded it was nasty.My bed sheets and pillows stunk like funk we had to shower again because we smelt like it in the morning. My husband goes to use the shampoo and it was already used they didnt even replace it from the other guest before us.The whole night i was in my bed we did nothing but itch. It was so gross.I would have rither stayed in my car at least it was clean. I have stayed at other days inn and ones that are related to it and never had a problem. So think i am going to report this to the BBB.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
west virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

My friend and I stayed here on the 9th of April. When we walked into the room it stunk. It smelled like cigarette smoke or something musty. The floors weren’t vacuumed, I found trash in the bathroom, and there were no trash liners in the trashcans. I just don’t think that they care what their rooms look like and what the customers think. I mean yeah granted you get what you pay for. Still if they advertise the internet then it should work. My friend went down to the front desk and asked them about it and they said that they could give us a modem so my friend said ok and they asked for a $50.00 deposit.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Smithfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

Service was excellent -the girl at the counter was very courteous. We checked in and out quickly. The continental breakfast came in handy to quiet the kids until we were able to leave. Didn't have to ask for directions to the zoo, these were given automatically.
Our room was decent, though a bit dusty. Our room and the one next door were labled Non smoking however the jerk next to us-with kids--was obviously smoking and the smell lingered to our room at times.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Value Inn Asheboro? Share your experiences!