“Terrible Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Value Inn Asheboro

You added Value Inn Asheboro to your Saves list
Value Inn Asheboro
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   901 Albemarle Road, 220 Bypass & Jct 49, Asheboro, NC 27205 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Asheboro
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2009

When we checked in we were greeted by a child who was in charge of the front desk. We had to pay before we checked out. Our room was very dirty. The fridge we had was in need of a good cleaning and the freezer had no door and ice was everywhere. The free "Wi-Fi" they offered did not work. The signal was to low. Nothing to let you know what cable channels you could see. The beds were extremely hard. The bathroom tub was not a very clean area. The heat hardly worked in our room and in the lobby. Even the hotel staff had to wear gloves when checking us in and out. I am not recommending this hotel to anyone that I know or my family and I will not be staying there again.

• Liked — Nothing at all
  • Disliked — The beds, Needed to be cleaned and fresh sheets.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Albany,NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

I am usually not that particular about rooms but this hotel is below anybodies standards. When we arrived the lobby was filthy. The room they booked us into had mattresses that bowed down in the middle, the floors of the room were filthy, the bathroom was dirty, the tub had mold, the soap dispenser was broke off it was a no smoking room that reeked of smoke on the bed covers and curtains.

If you book this hotel, you deserve it!! Read the other reviews.

• Liked — A better hotel was only 2 blocks away
  • Disliked — You name it absolutely filthy
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
NZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

We travelled from New Zealand on a budget and chose to stay close by a local event. BAD MISTAKE. Spider in the bed, bugs in the bath, room was dirty, and obviously unused for some time, booked a queen got a single, no fridge as quoted, round the back - felt insecure. Complained about room but wasnt made any better offer - didnt seem to care - so Checked out after only 2 hours,went down the road and booked into Holiday Inn for just a few more dollars in a superior facility. Can see why this place has been closed down before now!!

• Liked — Now - nothing
  • Disliked — Service and clenaliness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

The room was not the dirtiest but certainly not the cleanest, either. The room looked like it had not been vacuummed. The mirrors looked like they had not been wiped. The smoke detector kept beeping. Then, the pool had NO WATER! Which the front desk did not inform us of. My 2 kids wanted to go swimming and they couldn't. Would not recommend this place!

• Liked — Absolutely nothing!
  • Disliked — The pool!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

We staied at this Days Inn with our 3 children for 2 days. The rooms were very clean and the carpet was not filthy as stated in earlier reviews. The tv did not have all of the channels and the quality of picture was not good. We could not get the internet to work, which was a problem for my husband. Overall the room was good. The first night sleep was ok, not a comfortable bed. The second night however was terrible. There was a party going on downstairs with loud music, loud screaming and illegal "smoking". It went on all night! The room cards were deactived between nights so we had to have them reactivated.
HOWEVER, there is a restaurant down the street from this location that is FANTASTIC!! "Something Different" Great Food, Great Staff and Amazingly low Prices! Eat There!! Hubby says,"It is worth staying in this room, in order to go to this restaurant!"

• Liked — Quick, easy, friendly service
  • Disliked — All of the partying and loud noise
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2008

The Days Inn in Asheboro is basically what everyone says above; this is a roach motel. The North Carolina Health Dept. shut them down over a year ago. Black mold behind wallpaper, filthy, nasty rooms, carpets, and bedding. This is the worst hotel ever. Back in the early 90's, we had a pool pass there, and spent a lot of time at the hotel. Since then, the place has just gotten worse. This place should be condemned and bulldozed. Absolutely DISGUSTING.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing.
  • Disliked — Filthy, nasty, odor. This place is a health hazard.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2008

I read the review before I booked my reservation! You can't always believe what you read! I was informed by Heather the receptionist that the hotel was currently under renovation and I section of the Motel was closed. I explained to her the negative comment that I had read, she assured me that I would have a good stay.

When I checked in on 2/4/08, I was greeted by the owners daughter who was extremely professional for a young lady 16 years old. I then met the owner and his 13 year old son; I explained to all of them that despite the reviews I had read, the room was spotless and fresh. There were a few things that needed corrections, but my overall stay on a scale of 1-5 was a 4.

Keith Hughes, Baltimore, MD

• Liked — The Room
  • Disliked — No Microwave
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Value Inn Asheboro? Share your experiences!