“Like being in the Old Country” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Arden
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Asheville, North Carolina
“Like being in the Old Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I grew up in a family that has German ancestry on both sides, so I view German type food as the comfort food of my childhood. Black Forest lived up to what I was hoping for. I ordered the saurbraten which came with four German sides, it was made perfectly and i left very full and happy. The service was good, but slightly slow and the food more than made up for it.

• Visited May 2014

Sumter, South Carolina
“Everything was perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We tried this restaurant out with our friends who always make a point to eat here when in the area. The waitstaff was extremely attentive and knew their menu! We had potato pancakes and my husband and I shared the German sampler plate so we could try it all!! We each had a glass of German beer, then irish coffees and apple strudel to top it off. If you like German food (or even if you don't!!) I highly recommend this cute little place. We will be back!!

• Visited April 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Don't let the vintage old school German décor fool you, the food here is wonderful! The menu also has Italian & seafood dishes if you are not in the mood for German. They even have a great kids menu with more than the usual choices. The portions are large, food tasty, and servers and bus boy very friendly. I have passed this place many times & so glad we decided to try it for dinner last week! Will definitely be back!

Visited April 2014
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Great Foodand service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

All aroung great food experience !!!! My husband ate german , I ate Itallian, was too good for words

Visited March 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“Delicious German selections”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Traveling near Asheville, NC and saw this restaurant option in a brochure. Cute style building with German decor. Friendly staff and excellent chef. We had the 2 German pancakes as appetizer despite the basket of delicious homemade light and dark bread. We shared the German platter that gave us plenty of food and nice selection including half brat, half knock wurst with grilled onions, bone in pork chop, sauerbraten, jaeger schnitzel with a a yummy mushroom sauce. Sides included red cabbage, sour kraut, and spatzel. We skipped the many beer options. Enjoyable choice.

• Visited March 2014