“Disappointing for a steakhouse” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 54 Restaurants in Arden
Cuisines: American
Asheville NC
“Disappointing for a steakhouse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I went here one night just because we hadn't been in before. We both always order our steaks medium well and when the steaks came out the waitress stood there and asked me to cut the steak open right there in front of her to make sure it was cooked enough. I was a little taken aback to hear this request from the staff at a steakhouse. Shouldn't a steakhouse, if anywhere, be confident in how to cook a steak to medium well doneness? But I just kinda shrugged, cut the steak and saw it looked fine. I told her, she nodded and walked off. Part of my dish also included a cut of salmon which was beautifully cooked, and a side of mashed potatoes, which was cold. Tasting my steak I found it was actually pretty dry and hardly seasoned. So aside from the salmon,my meal was pretty meh. Not awful but not amazing.

Visited December 2012

Asheville, North Carolina
“Great burger!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had lunch here today with my son. I had a cheeseburger with baked potato & it was great! My son had the kids pizza & also liked that. Our waitress Kayla was very nice & knew what she was doing. I read some of the reviews below. I was once here for lunch with a girlfriend & we had a waiter & he was terrible! He got the bills wrong along with order. Maybe that is the same guy!

Visited December 2012
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I have been to Lone Star a few times. Almost every time, we say that we'll not go back there. My friend was planning a party for her husband, and I Lone Star was the only place I could think of off the bat that had a private room. We had 2 waitresses...one was stellar, one was horrible. Throughout the evening, we heard complaining and rude remarks to the guests from the one waitress. She also told us there were no rolls for our party, she told one guest she couldn't have a Caesar salad because she (the waitress) would have to go cut a new head of lettuce while another guest be taken care of by the great waitress received a Caesar salad. This same guest who wasn't allowed the salad she ordered (by the way she ordered it, but the waitress brought out a house salad, then gave the lame excuse) also was given a styrofoam cup when she asked for the refill because the crazy waitress said there were no glasses in the restaurant. Interestingly enough, she had taken her glass to refill it, and everyone else in the restaurant had glasses...hmmmm...Also, we weren't there at closing time...we were there from 5:30-7:30 on a Saturday night! Hard to believe that the staff/kitchen wasn't prepared for business...no glasses, no lettuce, no bread...

I was embarrassed that I had suggested this restaurant then had such poor service for my friend and her husband. This time I mean it, we won't be going back there!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina Smoky Mountains, North Carolina
“This place is HORRIBLE! Stay away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Have been there twice in the last two weeks. Both experiences were horrible. ,in the first visit, three of us waited over 45 minutes for a simple lunch from the lunch menu. The Manager on his own gave us a discount because he knew it was bad.

Today, two of us arrived at 11:45am. There was no one to greet us. We walked INTO the kitchen to find someone to seat us! Ordered a burger and lettuce wedge with ice water. Waited 15 minutes for the lettuce. One was right and the other was wrong, it had bacon. Told the waiter we wanted to finish the lettuce before the entree arrived. Didn't happen! Waiter forgot lemon for the water. Forgot to bring us rolls for the salad until we were almost done. We asked for ketchup for the burger and he forgot that also, so the food sat and got cold while he was socializing with friends at the bar. Next, he gave us the bill and the waters became ice teas at $2.35 each. We told him so he took the bill, said he fixed it and brought it back. Examinitatn rvealed he took off ONE ice tea, not two. We told him and he made some snide remark. We asked for the Manager who was helpful. She resolved the issue but the sarcastic waiter just had to say, "have a nice day" as we walked out! You know what he really meant!

NEVER AGAIN. THIS PLACE IS OFF MY LIST FOREVER. NOT WORTH THE TIME, AGGRAVATION OR DISRESPECT FOR MEDIOCRE FOOD AT BEST

Asheville, North Carolina
“It was just ok for us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

It had been awhile since we visited this restaurant and as we looked back we remembered why. Lone Star just doesn't seem to have the same quality food it had a few years ago. We went on a Friday night and our party of three was seated immediately. Off to a good start. It was a few minutes before our waitress appeared and she was pleasant but not the friendliest waitress we've ever encountered. We each ordered a different type of wine which took a little too long to arrive. She was patient though in letting us place our orders as we weren't in a rush. I ordered the Steakhouse salad, a mixed green salad with sliced sirloin steak (med-well). It was good, but the steak was really well done, but good flavor. One of my dining partners ordered the filet (medium) & fried shrimp. The steak was cooked just right but not the tenderness one should expect to get with filet mignon. My sirloin was actually more tender when we compared. The fried shrimp was just ok. He said the best part of his meal was the sweet potato. My other dining partner ordered the fried shrimp dinner and was pleased with her choice. Our waitress checked back one time during dinner then again at the end of the meal to offer dessert and to bring the check. The manager did stop by during the meal to see if everything was ok. What's weird is that he didn't introduce himself (so we assume he was the manager) and had no name tag to identify him. So to sum it up, our experience was just ok.

• Visited August 2012