“Phenomenal food and great ambiance!” 5 of 5 stars

339 Avery Creek Road, Arden, NC 28704
828-676-1616
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Asheville, NC
“Phenomenal food and great ambiance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

I went here with a friend for dinner last Wednesday and I must say, I'm glad we braved the cold! Avery Creek Bistro is located in what appears to be an old church that has been redone and is very inviting. My friend and I started off with the scallops appetizer which had a nice symphony of flavors with orange wedges, chives, and bacon. Next, I had the French Onion soup which was the best I've ever had! Definitely NOT over salted, and I have had many Fr. onion soups. It seemed as though an entire onion had been caramelized to a nice, tangy flavor, and was surrounded by a sweet, well seasoned broth. For my entree, I ordered the salmon with brussels sprouts and it was simply divine! The server explained that the dish would be cooked "medium" and the salmon skin left on. The skin was a crispy, tasty surprise and the salmon itself was a beautiful coral color it the center, not the usual pale pink you see. The texture, color, skin and flavor all combined to make the salmon a true jewel of the sea. The brussels sprouts and the dijon sauce that came with the fish were also top-notch! The service was wonderful and we even had a chance to talk to one of the owners and she was very enthusiastic about the bistro, as she should be. The food was truly excellent and I'll definitely be back since she informed me that the menu would be seasonal. We had a great time and a lovely dinner!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere