“Best Mexican in Apex” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Apex, North Carolina, United States
“Best Mexican in Apex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great food, great value. If you are like me, you drive by Taco Mexico all the time, but don't even think about stopping. It's time to change that. Trust me, you will be so glad you did. The food is great, and value is amazing. This restaurant is family owned, so the turnover of staff is really low. I go all the time with my kids, and the waitress (no mater which one is serving us) always know exactly what they want.

• Visited October 2013

Apex, North Carolina
“Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Went here for the beer thought why not do food. Well when the food arrived there was also a roach that had been smashed to the bottom of my plate. Then after I returned my plate there was another one running across the floor. Never go there again even if the beer is cheap.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Mexican food in unassuming surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've had several great lunches at this place, but went with friends for dinner on Saturday night and we were mightily impressed. I had carnitas tacos... succulent, perfectly spiced pork in soft corn tortillas, and they were just lovely. Elsewhere at the table, the chicken mole was pronounced "among the best I've ever had," and enchiladas suizas were very good as well.

Considering the quality of the food, we were very surprised that it wasn't crowded at all on a Saturday evening. This is especially strange because it's almost always doing a very brisk business when I've been there for lunch, both dine-in and take-out.

This may be one of the best values in the Triangle. A very tasty dinner for four (before tip) was just under $60.

• Visited June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best Mexican around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Totally agree with other posters - this place looks TERRIBLE from outside, but is AMAZING inside. The first time we ever tried it, we almost turned around after pulling into parking lot, but luckily didn't. Like most Mexican, the service is extremely prompt. Everything we've ever ordered has been great and it is EXTREMELY affordable. Highly recommend.

• Visited January 2013
Apex, North Carolina
“A Favorite Dining Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

The exterior looks weary and not well maintained but don't let that dissuade you from trying the place. When the restaurant is packed with Hispanics, you know it has to be good.

We routinely eat at this restaurant. The staff is friendly, efficient and the food arrives rather quickly after ordering.

The only negative I can write about are the two two televisions mounted on the ceiling showing programs from a Hispanic cable station. Combine this with the ambient music being piped into the dining room and you get this annoying cacophony of noise. I really wish the owner would turn the TVs off since it does not appear anyone watches them and it spoils the atmosphere.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Taco Mexico? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Taco Mexico, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.