“Didn't WOW me ??” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Lancaster, SC
“Didn't WOW me ??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

While in town on business and looking for places to eat, I read some really great reviews on Skippers Fish Fry, so I figured I would give them a try. Like most others said, it's a rather small place but the decor was very nice and it seemed to be really clean. When I arrived early in the evening, there were only 2 other couples there, so I did not have to wait in line. I was nicely greeted and the clerk answered all of my questions and then took my order. It didn't seem to take to long for my food to arrive and it was piping hot and fresh ! I ordered the flounder/calabash/onion platter. WOW...this was a LOT of food and I knew there was no way I was going to eat all of it. The calabash was very good and fresh tasting but it was a little to salty, but that didn't stop me from eating all of it. The flounder seemed to be a little over cooked because it was a little dry and the skin was tough. The hushpuppies and slaw were very tasty ! With all of the great reviews I read, I was a little disappointed with my first visit there, but I may have just had a little bad luck on my side that night. I believe I will probably give them another chance though the next time I'm in town.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Raleigh, North Carolina
“GREAT Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We visited this restaurant because of the good reviews & when we drove up the parking lot was full - another good sign. I had catfish and my wife had flounder - it was GREAT! Cooked perfectly and the sides - coleslaw & fried okra - were excellent. We LOVED this place. Very friendly service, too.

• Visited February 2013
Apex, North Carolina
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Love the British "Pub Style" fish. Very casual little place (so don't look for anything fancy) with friendly staff and awesome food. Food and service is always consistent. So good we keep coming back!

• Visited February 2013
Apex, North Carolina
“Great seafood!! Reasonable price!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We go there regularly for a quick and tasty dinner. It reminds us of a seacoast place. We love the fried shrimp and the fish sandwich. We've tried the fish and chips and that's great as well. Their onion rings are simply wonderful! The service is quick and the people friendly. We highly recommend Skippers!!

• Visited January 2013
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“LOVE THIS PLACE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Love their fish sandwich - it is delicous! Many others realize this too based on the crowded restaurant each time we visit!

Visited November 2012