“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Apex
Cleveland, TN
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My husband travels for business. We stayed at this hotel for probably 3 months or so... The staff were super nice, always greeting you and making sure everything was good. The rooms were clean. The hotel was rather new so that's always a plus. They have a great kitchen, and flat screen TV's. The laundry is free! The workout room was great, sometimes there would be no towels in the work out room, but that's not a huge deal. The only issue we had wass the fire alarms, I can't begin to tell you how many times we had to evacuate the hotel due to the fire alarms going off. Most of the time it was when people would cook bacon or something and smoke up the room. It was a great way to meet other hotel guests. :) But waking us up while we were sleeping was never a fun time to evacuate for a non-fire realated incident. Other than that, it's in a good location.. close to shopping and grocery stores and close to all the hustle of Raleigh. Great hotel, great staff, as always overall pleased with Candlewood Suites and Priority Club Hotels.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
candlewoodapex, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Apex Raleigh Area, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Candlewood Suites in Apex NC. Your safety and comfort are our highest concerns. I'm glad that our friendly staff made you feel comfortable while you were traveling with your husband on business. The fitness center and free guest laundry are two of our features our guests love. Earning Priority Club points is an extra reward for you to enjoy in addition to all the comforts of home. Please stay with us again for your long term or short term needs in the Apex/Raleigh area.

Safe travels,
Henry Ogburn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Washington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Booked into this hotel with my husband on business. I stayed one week and he will be staying overall for nearly a month. Staff are very accommodating and pleasant. Laundry is free. The only downside which I found a little difficult to understand was that housekeeping is only once a week. If you ask for extras, i.e. bathroom toiletries they will give you more at reception. There is a wonderful patio/gazebo facility at the side of the building with a bbq and full gas supplied for you to cook your own meals. There is a shop with numerous items to either add to your bill or pay cash at reception or in the slot available. There is also a well equiped gym.

Room Tip: It does front onto a four lane highway, so a request for rooms at back could be better option.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Wilmington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

When I checked in, the clerk made it very clear that they didn't want us there. Apparently, they cater to long-term stays (no mention of that on their websites or materials), and were unhappy that I had booked only one night. The clerk then went to great lengths to explain that they are an extended stay facility and three times answered the phone and took reservations while I was waiting, and I had to ask him if we were finished. He waved me away and said, "We're good."
Apparently, we weren't "good," because the clerk never finished checking me in. I found this out the next day when I checked out, and they had no record of me being in the building. The AM clerk then took 20 minutes to check us in and then back out again, even though I told her I was going to be late for my appointment. She just kept saying "bear with me." I think I've bourne enough. Frankly, they should have comped the room since it was their mistake and because my stay was such a burden for them. I'll make sure not to darken their door again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Apex Raleigh Area, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
CarkIt,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance. Thank you.

Ben J
IHG Care
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I had to stay at this Hotel for a night due to my house getting something done to it and the Staff was EXCELLENT. They were SO friendly and accomidating. The manager Henry was such a swell guy and I would DEFINATELY go back and stay again or HIGHLY reccomend this place to out of town visitors.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Summerville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

The bed and room were comfortable and quite, the staff was eager to please. We had everything we needed!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Holly Springs, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My elderly parents live with us and sometimes my wife and I just need some time alone together. We decided to visit the Candlewood Suites in nearby Apex. It was great as we were able to bring drinks and snacks to keep in the refrigerator, watch DVDs and just unwind.

The hotel is like new, the staff was very friendly and helpful. We saw a lot of other happy guests that come for the week to work at local construction projects. Though we didn't need nor use them, the business services, workout room and other ammenities looked first rate.

We did avail ourselves of their free DVD library.

Room Tip: Anything on the 2nd floor or above affords good privacy.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Overall, I have nothing bad to say about the facility. I just think it could be taken care of a little bit better. It was a pretty good price for the area as well. I usually stay at the Holiday Inn next door, but the Candlewood was a little cheaper, but there is a difference. Same company, different brand. I would stay here agin. It's clean, safe and everyone I dealt with was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Candlewood Suites Apex Raleigh Area? Share your experiences!