“Delicious Pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Cary, North Carolina
“Delicious Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

It might be a little more expensive than most pizza joints, but the food is worth it! Def best pizza in town!!

Visited August 2012

65% Recommend
raleigh, nc
“Bit of New York in NC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Anna's is probably most known for its pizza but do not pass on the food selection. Ooey,cheesy goodness abounds in the baked pasta dishes. Their vodka sauce is great . All of the food is fresh and tastes. One thing you can get if you ask for it Is aranchini (Italian rice balls)..I can not tell you how rare it is to get them outside my late grandma's kitchen other than new years eve. The measured up to grandmas. I have visited at least once a month for the past two years and the food is always consistent and it's always packed with patrons. Expect a wait on Friday and Saturday..it is a small place with maybe 25 tables and the do open upstairs on Saturday nite. What not to expect? Fancey..this is a straight up pizza place with tables and a teeny bar in the corner

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We just happened into Anna's Pizzeria last Saturday we were exploring the area. We sat at the bar to watch the baseball gameu. Ordered the Calzone Which came out withlots of creamy ricotta and homemade Italian sausage. It was delicious! Topped it off with a cold beer and friendly service it was a great Saturday afternoon lunch.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Not what I expected.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

In their favor we went on a busy Friday night. Downtown Apex was a buzz with Peak Fest preparations. I went with my wife and two daughters ages 5 and 6. The service was average at best. The kids drinks were never refilled or offered. The adults drinks were refilled once. We ordered a Rgular pie half pepperoni and half sausage, mushrooms and onion. Now I'm from the suburbs of Chicago so I like mu pizza certain way. I asked if they would slice it in squares rather than pie slices. (it's easier for the kids and less messy for allow us). The pepperoni side was pretty good. The crust was very thin to the point of being soggy half way thru the dish. The Sausage was thin sliced? and had a ginger after taste. The mushrooms were clearly from a can. The green peppers were sliced in huge slices, so much that it overwhelmed your pallet with each bite. The onions were good. my daughters enjoyed their pepperoni slices. We had left over pieces that they offered to box up, we declined. The price was reasonable, I think $25-30 with tip. The down town location is the biggest draw here. They are packed because people love pizza and they are the only pizza game in downtown Apex. I will follow the advice of Traveladvisor before we venture downtown next time. There are 2 other restaurants that are rated higher. Wish we would have gone to them instead.

Apex, North Carolina
“a GEM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Great food, wonderful people. The Veal Francese is the best I've ever had. Friendly environment.

Been to Anna's Pizzeria? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Anna's Pizzeria, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.