For crystal clear swimming, be it in the pool or sea, you cant fault this place. Views are lovely , and a huge cordoned off sea area with no jelly fish ( what a change!) makes swimming in the sea a real treat.
Food on the other hand is dreadful. Olives restaurant is dreary , and standard package tour vats of processed salad etc. You eat better on a sunsail holiday than in Olives.
The Italian is in a lovely setting but the food is poor and I suspect largely frozen- certainly the shape of the chicken parmigiana suggested it had not come directly from a chicken!
The drinks are also ridiculously priced. Whilst the sunbathing areas are truly delightful, the price of drinks is soooo dear it takes all the fun out of being holiday. Net result- bars are deserted and lack atmosphere.
The sunbathing and swimming nearly make up for the lousy food , but it would be great if the management could actually bother to change the standards of food and thereby create a true 5* hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Letting time stand still, escaping to be pampered in a place where the blue of the Aegean and the cobalt sky merge seamlessly into infinity, that’s a luxury not everyone gets to experience… Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay brings you an oasis of serenity, kissed by the pure sea and caressed by the gentle breeze, where you can luxuriate in the world renowned Six Senses Spa, lose yourself in daydreams on the private beach, or discover 3,000 years of history that feels like yesterday. At Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay, you will discover the luxury of making time stand still…Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay has been awarded: by Condé Nast Traveller amongst "Condé Nast Traveller, amongst “Best 10 Hotel Spas in Europe, Asia Minor & Russian Federation” - 2012GeoSaison, amogst “100 Best Hotels in Europe” - 201210 Best Hotel Spa in Europe, Asia Minor & Russian Federation" - 2011, by Condé Nast Traveller as the "Favorite Hotel Spa in Europe, Asia Minor & Russian Federation" and selected amongst "The Best 25 Spas in the World" - 2010, by World Luxury Hotel Awards as "World’s Best Luxury Coastal Resort – 2009", by Senses Magazine as "Best Beach Resort in the World - 2009", by Condé Nast Traveller as "Best European Hotel Spa – 2008", by Condé Nast Traveller as "One of the Sexiest Beaches in the World – 2007". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Splendia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Despegar.com, Jetsetter, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kempinski Hotel Yaliciftlik
- Kempinski Resort Yaliciftlik
- Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay Turkey/Yaliciftlik