“Second visit and booked again for next year” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Bahcelievler Cad 69, Turgutreis 48960, Turkey   |
Ranked #4 of 60 Hotels in Turgutreis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Second visit and booked again for next year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

We stayed once again from May 24th to 07 June 2010. We were allocation a room in block 7 initially but this was a triple room when we had booked a double so we returned to reception and this was immediately rectified, our new room was on the ground floor facing the pool, same style room as last year with double bed and then single bed and settee down two steps, very spacious, bedding and towels lovely and free, maid serviced rooms everyday and mini bar restocked daily with juice, water, fanta and cola. Air con worked very efficiently as did free safe.

The pool area is still as good some new beanbags from last year. Photographers all new from last year but take some lovely picks, well worth having a look you never quite know when you might have been snapped.

A new a la carte mexican for lunchtime and it was lovely well worth a try, I did eat at the a la carte fish restaurant this year and it was excellent, as was the Turkish a la carte. The lovely lady in the pool bar painstakingly making the lovely filled turkish pancakes daily, she is a star, you must try them. The main restuarant once again was fantastic as were the waiters and waitresses, we have to mention Beber who remembered us from last year and even to remembering my daughters name (she was only 7 last time so not because of romance) Latif also I am sure they have photographic memories, he knew exactly who had which drinks with our meal and there was 7 or us. had an excellent variety and had excellent waiter service. Only the main restaurant was open on La Blanche birthday party and all stops were pulled for this, the display of food was amazing I am just disappointed I didn't take photos to post. There did seem to be a bit of a memory for who is at the bar first which is good for us Brits who like a queue and you did get drinks in your turn, well done staff for that. Kenan and Mehmet to name a couple work their socks off and well done, down to the clearing of plastics cups and empty water bottles from round the pool during the day to collecting glasses and serving drinks in the evening and also having a little banter with guests, lovely guys all round.

The old uncovered jetty has been revamped to a pier bar partly covered with tables and chairs and bean bags on the end. This was being opened as an a la carte italian in the evening (extra charge) or inclusive at lunchtime. Also three new gazebos on the area by the sea wall. We didn't use beds on the beach, pier or sea wall though but there seemed to always be a few available, not so around the pool if you wanted poolside beds, this became a bit of a nightmare during the half term week with towels being put on as early as 3am, this needs sorting before it gets out of hand. Hotel runs its boat trips from own beach this year not the marina, this is a new complany Captain Bar Bossa can't comment on their trip but the guys seemed nice enough chatting to us around the pool and the boat looked lovely. We did a trip North with Destiny which was a really good day out and all boats do the same route so you will meet up along the coastline.

The Animation Team are all new this season and work really hard, not much going on our first week but this picked up a little, pool games, pilates, sea gym during the day and various entertainment in the evening. Mandy is still running the Kids club and works really hard, this seems to have improved from last year with a bit more organisation going on although my daughter didn't take part in anything, she was just happy going up and down the slides all day long. The live music needs to be improved to get guests to want to sit and listen to them, I can honestly say it was dire (quite painful) but you can sit away from the pier so you don't hear it (lol). Various dance troops on at the ampitheatre however we did see the same ones twice during our stay they just gave them a different name so maybe as a suggestion have a two week turnover of these acts to avoid this. Belly dancing and turkish dancers were great.

There are a few shops in the hotel, boutique, gift shop, gemstone stall, silver jewellers and gold centre, Savas from the gold centre is lovely, he is quite happy to let you browse without trying the hard sell and always pleasant (however it worked I did buy some earrings on our last day). The silver shop is really reasonable with lovely earrings from as little as 7 lira (under £4) all put in a lovely gift bag. We also loved chatting to Sam from Cardiff who ran the stall under the bridge, she has some lovely gems and reasonably priced, my daughter bought quite a few items from her. Also an internet/games centre, spa and hairdressers. Didn't use any of these so can't comment however spa prices appear to have doubled from last year. My husband had the turkish shave and would well recommend but it can be had for half the price in the centre of turgutreis.

Once again a fabulous two weeks. We have already booked to go back again same weeks next year, so hope that says it all. Well done La Blanche.

My only warning would be to save plenty of money for drinks in Bodrum airport, it is daylight robbery 5E or 10 lira for a can of soft drink and 3E or 6 lira for water. This needs addressing since you can no longer take drinks past passport control as in previous years they also appear to not have the air con on is this a ploy to get more money out of us?????? 300+ passengers in one gate area it gets pretty hot.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shildon, Co Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

We've only been back home a week but today we booked up to return to La Blanche next June. I think that say's it all. Everything about this hotel was fantastic. The hotel staff were brilliant, they couldn't do enough for you. From checking in to leaving they were ace. I'd read in previous reviews about the pool being a bit cold, and I must admit on my first dip I uttered a few expletives, but as the days went on it got warmer. The quailty of the food in the main restaurant was excellent. I thought it was good that they didn't have a dedicated childrens food area. Even my fish finger/chicken nugget eating daughter found some thing she liked. The choice and quality of the food on the night of the hotels birthday (2nd June) was unbelievable. If you're going to book next year, try and get this date in your stay. The 3 a' la carte restaurants were good, I prefered the chinese, my wife Karen enjoyed the fish. The room was very clean, beds and towels were changed every day. My daughter Jessica loved the kids disco at 8.45 everynight especially the last song where the parents had to get involved. (For anyone wondering what it was, go on to youtube and put in "minidisco - el tren") Highlight of the stay was the boat trip with Captain Barbossa, Simon and Jix were always wandering round the pool trying to sell the trips. We did the North Island, next year we'll do the South. I could go on and on about this holiday, but i won't. Just come and see for yourself, you won't be disappointed.

Pontefract West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Our family of four stayed at the La Blanche from May 24th to 07 June 2010. The first impression of the hotel was fantastic! We checked in with no problems and got a room with a pool view as requested. The family room we had was very clean and of good size catering for two adults and two children (age 11 & 8) The fridge was re-stocked daily with soft drinks and the maid service was excellent.
Pool area: The pool area was the best we have ever had and the pool was much larger than we expected. (Approx 80 metres long) The pool was ideal for swimming having plenty of room for everyone.
Spa: Again a great service having everything you would expect of a five star hotel. The steam room, sauna and indoor pool were all free to use. The treatments were extra cost roughly costing £25.
Food: The food was excellent across all of the complex with something for everyone. The main restuarant had an excellent variarty and had excellent waiter service. There is also Turkish, Mexican, Fish and Chinese restuarants overlooking the sea which were all very good. The pool bar also served a good selection of food throughout the day. All in all the food was brilliant, believe me I know as I have put on a stone in weight in two weeks!
Bar: All the bar staff were very good, I must give a special mention to KENAN who went the extra mile to please everyone and worked very hard for 12 hrs daily. Thanks KENAN for making our holiday special, Matthew thought you was great! The 24 hr bar overlooking the sea with a view of Kos was brilliant and a kind of romantic for couples.
For the kids: A seperate pool area with slides kept the kids busy every day, its was also great for the grown ups too! The mini club could be better organised but the cinima for the kids was brilliant from 21:00hrs - 23:00hrs most nights showing all the latest films for the kids. This was also well supervised at all times. The mini disco for the kids ran each night from 20:30hrs.
The Jetty: A newly built jetty is now in place and will shortly be the area for the newly promoted Italian restuarant. This area is really nice having pool type steps down into the sea. This is great if you like swimming in the sea and not touching the sand. The jetty also is the home of another well appointed bar area with extra large cushions for you to lay about on.
Entertainment: Could be better but I supposed they tried. (I think) For a five star hotel this needs to improve.
Night club: This is situated in the completely wrong area too close to the rooms starting numbers "2100". I'm not sure if anyone actually used the night club, we walked in twice after mid-night to find it empty.The music was on too loud and the doors were always open?

Watch out: Management ..... The one thing that is spoiling everyones holiday at your hotel is that people are allowed to place towels on sun beds at the side of the pool in the early hours of the morning. You need to stop this before it gets out of hand. People were reporting that some hotel guests were placing towels on the sun beds at 05:00am in a morning to get the best spots around the pool. (The one and only thing that I can report as poor) I'm trying to be as honest as possible.

We really enjoyed our two week stay and would certainly go back again. The position of the hotel was great, the food even better and the drinks were brilliant. The staff in all areas were five star.

Five Star La Blanche.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

This is my first time reviewing on Tripadvisor but I relied on the reviews when booking so felt I should add my opinions. In short myself, hubby and 5 year old daughter all had a fantastic week there.
Room
We were given a family room which was massive, it was cleaned daily and the minibar was re-stocked with water every day. In fact, the whole hotel was amazingly clean with staff tidying up and cleaning throughout the hotel all the time. It was overlooking the front of the hotel so I was a bit disappointed not to have a sea view but actually it turned out for the best because the rooms over the pool and sea were quite noisy with the entertainment going on until late.
Restaurant
We ate in the main restaurant 4 times and got wise towards the end by going early at 19.15 and standing in line but it was worth it to get a table outside overlooking the sea. The food was very nice, always hot and we always managed to find enough for the 5 year old to eat. However it was getting busier each night and the queues were getting longer for food. There was a separate section with grilled food but I would have liked a pasta section aswell as this always goes down well with kids. The desserts were out of this world though.
The snack bar was sufficient - burgers, spaghetti, doner kebab, hot dogs and of course chips!! All very speedily cooked to order.
The A La Cartes were nice to sit at a table and have your food served to you and the waiters were very attentive.
Village
We walked into the village along the prom 3 times, once for a meal and also for shopping and it took 10 - 15 mins to get there. It looks quite a large town but the nightlife/restaurants seem to be concentrated into a small area. We went to the marina and dreamed about owning the yachts and boats.... drinks were more expensive but worth it for the view.
We also went to the Saturday market but if you have small children I might suggest that you only walk in a short way as the stalls are basically all selling the same things and it got very stuffy and hot.
Trips
We only went on the boat trip on the little boat at the hotel and this was our best day by far. There were lots of stops and our 5 year old was very brave and swam in the deep sea. The food was only ok and you had to pay extra for drinks so don't forget to either take drinks with you or take some money.
Entertainment
I would say that this was a little disappointing. We headed to the mini-disco each evening but after this there was only 2 shows in the week. Alternatively it was just disco music. Our little one will sit for hours and watch a show but with only music playing she just runs around like crazy with all the other children. This is, of course, just our opinion, some people love listening to music but it isn't a relaxing night for us.
Hotel run childrens club
A little lack lustre... the location is fantastic, right next to the childrens pool and slides so she could wander into the room and do some painting or play cards (I'm quite specific on that because that's all that seemed to be going on in there). But she could wander out just as easily!! Now this was fine for us because we got a sun bed about 10 meters away and she knew exactly where we were (over protective parent syndrome!!). But if you did want to actually drop smaller kids off for a couple of hours of R&R I don't think this is an option.
Pool
After reading all the reviews I was really worried that the pool would actually be an ice block but found it ok to swim in.

I wasn't going to give a big review but wanted to cover everything that we as a family felt important. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for families but am not sure young adults/couples would find it lively enough but then again, it might be different again in high season.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

We arrived in the early hours of morning, had a very efficient check in and suitcases taken straight to our room.

Food:
Large selection of food, so became quite repetitive towards the end of our week, BUT everything was cooked, warm and tasted good! plenty of salad and bread and hundreds of different cakes/puddings. Service was good, waiters automatically filled your glass of bottled water as you sat down and asked what drink you would like.

Rooms:
We had a large family room for the two of us and was lovely, maids were efficient and friendly. Our fridge's were filled daily with 2 water, a fanta and a coke every day (on the odd day we even got juice cartons!) Air con was good, but only came on once ur key was in the slot on the wall so our room was quite warm during the day. Could faintly hear the noise of disco, however once we shut the door and air con was on you could hear no music!

Pool:
Everyday we managed to get a bed by the pool, however we were up reasonably early and went at the start of the season. The last few days (half term had started) were very busy with unattended kids by the pool and few sunloungers. BUT... if you're not fussed on sitting by the pool, i'd recommend getting a lounger on the jetty, plenty free even when none by the pool, and much more relaxing!!

Pool bar served food during the day (see previous review for what was offered...). Blackboard was out every day we stayed...and plenty to choose from if you don't fancy the buffet.

Excursions:
Company walked round offering a boat trip which i heard mixed reviews about. Some slated it and others loved it! Much cheaper than the one offered by first choice (but we've been on the FC one and that was AI whereas the independent one you had to buy drinks!) We went on a jeep safari, well worth the money. Had an amazing day out going through mountains and on dirt track!! Would definately recommend it! we also went ot Kos for the day, also very good if you want to get out and explore further afield.

The Market:
Weekly market on a saturday in turgetreis, would recommend a visit. we went early to avoid any crowds, not too hectic and didnt get hassled too much!

All in all, an amazing holiday, well worth the money, we only paid £998 for 2 adults for a week.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

This is the third time we have stayed at La Blanche and were fortunate enough to be there on the hotel’s 5th Birthday celebrations and thoroughly enjoyed the huge beach party. The effort the whole staff put into that night really did top off our stay – from the food through to the HUGE cake it was an excellent night.

Heres my rundown of what you get and things to do ….
The rooms are large and clean.
The staff are always cheery and happy to help.
There is plenty of choice food and drink wise (unless you have more weird medically imposed dietary needs than me, and I ate well every night)
The kids are well catered for from the mini club, mini disco and cinema in the evening through to the splash pool and slides.
The Animation staff are not in your face, but there is loads to do (or not) during the day
Go scuba diving with Yusuf and Aquanaut diving.
Stroll into Turgetries along the sea front, wander round the marina.
Go on a boat trip – North for snorkelling, South for beaches.

I cannot fault the place – it offers exceptional value for money, go enjoy and chillax !

If you want the following, please stay away from this resort so the rest of us can enjoy it in peace!
1. Bacon and pork sausages, Tetley tea & Heinz beans for breakfast
2. Chips with your evening meal and no “foreign muck”
3. Staff who only speak English (do you speak Turkish?)
4. English football matches on TV
5. English TV
6. Karaoke
7. To get up at stupid o’clock to reserve a sunbed (and then not use it) – this year the Brits were getting up at 7am to reserve all of the beds round the pool, really not cricket people !

Rushden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

On arrival, first impressions were not great. Hotel from outside is nothing special, this changes as soon as you enter. Huge reception/lobby area which overlooks the huge swimming pool, stunning.
Room
We were taken to our room on 4th floor. I have never had such a large room in Turkey. We had been allocated a family room. As we entered the room there were two single sofas to the right which make into beds, a tv and fridge. You then have a lovely big wardrobe and bathroom opposite and then go through a different separate door (which can be locked inside) to get to double room. This room also has a tv and fridge. Both fridges are topped up each day with water/juice/fanta/coke. Our room overlooked the street but found it to be quite peaceful. Air conditioning was acceptable. Only noise was the boom boom from disco which starts at 23.00 and goes on until 02.00. I hope those on lower floors get issued with ear defenders!
The cleaners really only have time to tidy your room instead of clean it and as the floors are carpeted and not tiled, the dust builds up daily, so if you are allergic to dust, you may have to wipe the wooden trim around the bed every couple of days.
Pool
The swimming pool is amazing. We spent most of our days laying on beanbags on the wooden platforms overlooking the pool – perfect! Yes, some people did put towels out ridiculously early, but we never had a problem finding a beanbag or sunbed by pool or beach.
Restaurant/ Snack Bar
When we arrived the snack bar had a blackboard up listing all foods available, but for some reason this disappeared after the first few days. There was plenty to choose from : Chicken Doner (gorgeous), chips, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, pizza, spaghetti, toasties. There was also a small salad bar. You could help yourself to bottles of water throughout the day and evening and lunch time there was a fridge containing apples and oranges.
The restaurant officially opens at 19.30 though seemed to open around 19.00 each day. One evening we made the mistake of getting to the restaurant around 20.00 and the queues were long and not many tables available.
Breakfast –plenty to choose from, cooked breakfast, omelettes, pancakes, cold meats and cheeses, cereals, yoghurt. I was disappointed with fruit selection – first few days tinned fruit only, but they then started serving a bowl of chopped apples/oranges. Unfortunately I cannot eat bread which I am gutted about, as there were so many different types to choose from. Although a large selection of main courses, we were disappointed in taste compared to other all inclusives we have stayed at in past. They didn’t have a lot of flavour (we were not the only ones to say this). Now this even improved as the week went on or we got used to it! We were craving a change after a few days. They have a huge selection of deserts.
Unlike other hotels I have stayed at where you help yourself to wine during your meal, at La Blanche the staff serve you – we probably got served a drink 40% of the time we were there – so during peak season this will probably go down even more.
Cocktails are available at the lobby bar, though you will have to ask for menu (which they then put back behind bar when you have ordered your drink – they don’t seem to want to advertise that they do these!).
They are in process of building a beach bar, and looks as though this will be open in next few weeks.
A La Carte
The hotel have a Fish, Turkish and Oriental restaurant which you can use once each during your stay. We didn’t use the fish, the Oriental was nice, and the Turkish was superb – wish we could have gone there every night! The staff are very attentive and top your wine glass up frequently, so you’ll leave feeling very merry.
After a few days, the Oriental restaurant doubled as a Mexican for lunch time – we went once and it was very nice.
Photographs
Hotel photographers take lovely photos, but always hard to choose just a couple, so at 15 lira each can cost you a small fortune. We had some taken on our first wedding anniversary, so brought quite a few!
Eating out
We asked our First Choice Rep for a restaurant recommendation for our wedding anniversary and she recommended Mona Lisa on the sea front in Turgutreis. She/Customer relations booked a table for us and told them it was our anniversary, so they put up upstairs with lovely view out to sea and put flowers on our table. We can definitely recommend this place – from the moment the first garlic mushroom went in my mouth, I realised how bland the food at the hotel actually is. Our second course of Ottoman Casserole was just as gorgeous too. No room for desert unfortunately, though we did manage to eat the complimentary fruit! (Thanks to First Choice for arranging wine and fruit in our room for our anniversary, nice touch).
Entertainment
Unfortunately not a lot of day time entertainment going on during our stay. There was a list of things supposed to be going on but the only thing we ever heard was people being called up for volleyball or scuba diving. I guess we were too early in season for water aerobics, yoga and pilates. There was no music around the pool during the day so it lacked in atmosphere, though perfect for anyone going on holiday for peace and quiet. I guess this will change as more families arrive. When we were there, the average age group was probably between 60-70. The pool bar played some music during the evening before dinner, one night though it was of the Vera Lynn era, so not our thing! The barman looked at me gone out when I asked for some Turkish music! When in Turkey, I like to feel that I am in Turkey! The gym was ok but cross trainer wasn’t working, one of the weight machines wasn’t set up and both bikes had dangerously wobbly seats. We did report this but apart from cross trainer working, other problems hadn’t been rectified.
I did not use the hotel spa, but if you’d like prices for any treatments, just PM me.
Outings
If you want to book an outing but not through your travel company, if you turn left outside the hotel and take the first left, you go by a mini market and will reach a travel agency. We booked a sunset safari through them, no problems and had fun, though the drive there felt like a white knuckle ride! (if you want prices for any trips from this travel agency, send me a PM).
Staff
The staff at this hotel are lovely – so friendly and cheerful. Our favourites were the pool bar guys.

All in all we had a lovely holiday. Would we go again? Yes, but later in season when hopefully more going on, and preferably with friends or family. Also, price would have to be right. We booked pretty much as soon as holiday became available online and paid £1050 for the two weeks, bargain. 2-3 weeks later this price had gone up to over £2200. I would have not been happy to pay the higher amount so early in the season.... the only thing to put us off going again would be Bodrum Airport – absolute nightmare. Would rather fly into Izmir and pay for taxi down to Turgutreis!!!

If you are going to La Blanche, I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Blanche Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!