“Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bahcelievler Mevki No:123, Turgutreis 48960, Turkey   |
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Turgutreis
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great hotel, great food and great staff! The location is right on the beach and would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone! We would be going back this summer if it wasn't for Thomson holidays and the fact we got delayed 24hrs, have tried to book direct but found it difficult

Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We visited in June this year and had a fantastic 10days! Rooms were clean & modern only gripe here is I would of liked a bigger balcony but I can live with that. Pool area wasnt big enough for number of guests & was quite dated. Beach was nice, we mainly went on the jetties but could get very windy. Food was good, really good choice & some fantastic puddings! Entertainment wasnt up to much.Took about 15mins to walk into town following a well lit path over looking the sea - perfect to try & walk all those puddings off! Booked a boat trip with Jix & Kesh at the hotel it was so good we booked to go again! We were lucky enough to see some dolphins on our second trip which really made the day, prices were reasonable & comparable with the other guys sell boat trips in the town. All in all a great holiday we never go to the same place twice but would consider visiting Turgutreis again in the future.

Room Tip: We wanted a select room but they werent available - glad we didnt get one as im not too sure what yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I visited with my husband and my son during the last week or so of the season. The hotel was very quiet, not too many guests and very relaxed.
Our days were spent either on the uncrowded beach or beside the pool. It was easy to get a sunbed at any time of the day although I'm sure this wouldn't be the case in high season.
During the daytime there were a few low key activities going on - shooting, archery, darts, table tennis. The tennis courts advertised were not located in the hotel grounds but a short walk away through a residential area which was not a problem. The reps who organised the activities were great - friendly and helpful without being pushy.
Due to the time of year we visited it was sometimes quite windy at the beach so water sports activities were not always available but my husband and son managed to try the inflatable sofa, canoeing and also jet skiing (available at extra cost from the beach next door). All activities were good fun and seemed quite safe. At the end of a day on the beach it was lovely to watch the beautiful sunsets over the water.
The all inclusive food was excellent - lovely salads, breads and desserts and lots of lamb dishes. Because we stayed during low season the Fish & the Turkish a-la-carte restaurants were closed due to the fact that they were located outdoors and it was a bit chilly in the evenings. We ate at the Italian restaurant once and it was a pretty good 5 course meal, however we were more than happy to eat in the main restaurant with Mumut the friendly waiter who kept my wine glass topped up at all times! On that subject, the wine was excellent, as was the local beer.
Our room was comfy and spacious, nothing plush but more than adequate and the bathroom was nice with a walk in shower, hair dryer, toiletries and slippers.
The hotel has it's own spa with a Turkish Hamam, steam room, sauna and indoor pool as well as a gym. We did use these facilities but didn't have any spa treatments as they were quite expensive.
The town of Turgutreis was only a 15 minute stroll away and we visited the Saturday market there which was great for a bit of banter and a few bargains. Lots of fake hoodies, trainers and handbags as cheap as chips! I must add that I felt very safe in Turgutreis when mixing with the locals. My husband even had a Turkish shave in one of the barber shops.
My son and I took an excursion with Thomson to the Turkish baths - what an experience! It was ok for a bit of fun but we found it all a bit impersonal as we were thrown in a room with 12 strangers! It was a great way to make friends & giggle but not exactly what I'd call a relaxing afternoon.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, the only negative comment I could give is that there wasn't much to do in the evenings. Lots of people were just gathered on the sofas in reception using the free wifi looking a bit bored. Sometimes there was karaoke or a singer at the pool bar indoor) but this was not our thing. There was a pool table and table tennis table in the basement along with a small cinema showing English films and we tended to make use of these. Once again, I'm sure it would be very different in high season when the entertainment would be outside around the pool.
Finally, I would like to add that there lots of stray cats and dogs around Turgutreis. As the hotel grounds are so open and it is right on the beach it is impossible to keep them out. They will come and sit on the sunbed with you or ask for food if you are eating outside the restaurants. They were all very friendly and not a problem for myself and my family (we loved them!) but I could see how they would be for others.
I am so glad we booked this hotel - we had been contemplating 'La Blanche' next door but the free watersports swung it for us. We did take a sneaky look inside La Blanche and I must say it did look lovely but didn't have the same friendly atmosphere as The Aegean Dream. Perhaps we will return one day.

Stayed October 2013
Oxfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have read the mixed reviews for this hotel, some of which I agree with & some I don't! So negatives first: if you want entertainment & access to all 4 restaurants do not visit at the end of the season. Not having been away for this kind of holiday in October before we were not aware that you do not get all that is stated in the brochure. There was next to no entertainment, what was on offer was poor & clearly others thought the same by the lack of guests in the Pool Bar & the look on the faces of those that were there. In fact we gained more entertainment watching the expressions of our fellow guests, naughty I know!! The Turkish Restaurant was closed as it under a tent in the summer season. Can understand it would not be practical or pleasant to have this set up In Oct when it is dark and breezy by 7pm, but we were not to know this believing that the Turkish Restaurant would be situated within the hotel as a permanent fixture. The Italian Restaurant was a grim looking room and the food whilst edible was not Italian!! We booked the Dream Select Restaurant for 2 nights but after the first visit decided not to return. The food was ok but they did run out of things (end of season!) and the staff,whilst very pleasant appeared confused at times & left us for ages between courses!! The design of the floors above the lobby/reception areas is open plan which is a ridiculous design when you consider that many of the rooms arw above this area and there was a bar in the lobby also which stayed open until 12 midnight. This meant that the noise from what was a busy lobby (as everyone would get their drinks from the bar and/or sit on the sofas for wifi access, play games) could be heard from all floors. Some nights this went on until 1am with kids running around & shouting. I imagine in the summer this is not an issue as everyone will be sitting outside and also we were told that there is lots of entertainment in the summer centred around the poolside. So my advice would be to book rooms overlooking the pool in the low season as it is really quiet as everyone is in the lobby bar BUT if going in high season by all means stay on the floors above the lobby as they will all be outside!
Positives: The rooms are ample sized, there were 3of us, my 12 yr old found the sofa be very comfy. The bedlinen smelt lovely, changed every 2 days, fresh towells daily. The staff are FAB, very friendly, chatty, nothing too much trouble and that goes for all of them; reception, restaurant, cleaners, etc.
The food in the main restaurant, we thought, was of high standard. There were 6 in our party; 3 adults in our 40's, 1 16 yr old & 2 12 yr olds. There was lots of variety; salads, fruit, veg, rice, pasta, potatoes (yes & chips but you don't have to eat them!!), casserole style dishes, chicken, fish (altho not enough!)lamb. Plus specials cooked on the grill outside. This is also where the Chefs prepared Omelettes to order which was great! lovely breads baked on the premises, good wine & efes beer. Cocktails were limited! The desserts were plentiful if a little too sweet for our liking but managed to find some that were more waistline friendly!
The location was gorgeous, stunning views & sunsets. We sunbathed on the jetty, nice breeze, and chillers nearby with ice cold bottled water plus coffee machines, as well as the Beach Bar for alcoholic or soft frinks, all very convenient!
Very close to the town of Turgutreis, lovely 10 min walk alongside the beach, lots of lovely little shops and convenient for the markets on Saturday.
Hotel does look a little shabby and could do with a lick of paint in places but very spacious, pretty gardens, the kids loved the waterslides - this was a big plus BUT the pools were cold!
Overall this was a good holiday, our rep was very friendly & helpful and I would recommend it for the summer if you want lots going on in the evening & low season if you prefer a quieter holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Spilsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Vacation period 21st october to 3rd november. wouldnt recommend going the last week of the season on full price(luckily we booked 5 days before we left).
Good points: Clean, friendly, a lot of staff spoke english, quiet location, food would of been satisfactory if only for 1 week. water sports were free! always some activities on through out the day although was the same every day. Room we had was spaceous and the bed was like new, ie no lumps or bumps and i hate soft beds
Where there needs improvement: food was repetitive, towards the end we werent sure if was even fresh, snack bar the chips were not that fresh, ok i suppose in high season. burgers i named sweaty man burgers but people seemed to like them. night life, well that being a disco, karaoke for an hour or the turkish night which was a belly dancer and traditional Turkish dancing....for an hour

Overall we did enjoy our stay. spent last weekend dining out due to lack of food and just fed up with the same thing. location is quiet and town is around a ten minute walk. i wouldnt recommend the market!!! they prey on the tourists and its quite intimating experience. you can get the same stuff in the local shops or bodrum without the crowds and without someone trying to pull a fast one. but the streets are never ending trinkets and gems of tradional turkish memorabilia and the marine is a lovely place for a coffee and better quality clothing.

please note there is almost a constant breeze which hubby wasnt keen on, but it was still warm. at night the air was still. beautiful sunsets! there also are plentiful of dogs and cats coming on the beach and pool. i didnt mind, mostly fed them the burger.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here 24th October - 31st October through Thomsons.
Check-in was quick and efficient, which is just what you want when arriving at 2:30am!
As it was end of season, some facilities were not up and running and entertainment was low key- but this did not affect us at all. We were expecting this to be the case for this time of year. We wanted a quiet and relaxing last minute holiday - and that is exactly what we got!
There was a good range of food in the restaurant, the a la cartes were a nice change too. The Turkish a la carte restaurant was closed, but instead we were allowed a free visit to the Dream Select restaurant by the lovely guest relations manager Tulin, who was extremely pleasant and helpful if we needed anything.
I have to say that all the staff were absolutely wonderful and very attentive. My husband and I got chatting to quite a few of the restaurant and bar staff and made many friends with the locals during our stay. Unfortunately, the same could not be said for some of the guests we encountered at the hotel- who quite frankly made me feel embarrassed to be British!
On one occasion, we witnessed a god-awful woman on holiday with her two sons who not only complained about everything in sight, including the service from the staff, but she also verbally abused a waiter in the main restaurant- she even used the F word to him as he tried to clear their table. These people work long, hard hours and do not deserve to be treated by others in this manner, especially in their own country. Have some damn respect for goodness sake and maybe you will get treated the same?!
The hotel is in a beautiful location, right on the sea front, which is easy walking distance to the town center and Saturday market. We enjoyed watching the sun sets from the hotel- definitely worth the sea view upgrade we paid extra for. We did have a look inside the hotel La Blanche, next door- just to compare. It looked nice and modern, but we felt it lacked the personal, homely feel that Aegean Dream had.
We don't normally come back to the same hotel twice, but we are looking in to coming back to Aegean Dream again next year.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
enfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

we stayed at the Aegean Dream between 24 - 31 oct , our room was ok , but it was freezing cold . my sons room was on the other side of the hotel , and was nice & warm . The food was also ok , sometimes very nice , but I have to say we found the staff in the buffet restaurant very lazy , arrogant & seemed like they did'nt want to be there . Also there was a young chef working on the out side grill who use to swear and abuse my two sons in Turkish , not realising that they understood every word he was saying !!!!! Had I known this had the time I would have reported him to the manager , im still raging about it . we did mention to our rep about the service in the restaurant , and her response was " Well it is the end of the season you know , and the staff are all winding down " Shame on you Thompson , whether its the first or last week , the staff are there to do a job.Having said this , we didnt pay a great deal for this holiday but had very good time ,We would go back to Turgutreis , as it is a beautiful area but would not go back to this hotel .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Vera Aegean Dream Resort? Share your experiences!