“Great location, friendly helpful staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mandalinci Hotel

You added Mandalinci Hotel to your Saves list
Mandalinci Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bahcelievler Mah. Belediye Cad. No:19 D:1, Turgutreis 48960, Turkey   |
Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Turgutreis
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Great location, friendly helpful staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed before in this hotel but was a number of years ago. After reading reviews my family and I were worried but we found the hotel staff very helpful (we were moved to a family room on the quiet side of the hotel after the first night instead of 2 separate rooms) My teenage children enjoyed the pool and always found something to eat, if they didn't like anything at dinner, chips, pizza and chicken nuggets were served pool side. Our rooms were cleaned every day with fresh towels. Few steps away from beach and town so ideal location. We enjoyed our holiday but the hotel is in need of updating which the manager assured us would be done this winter. Would stay again. LP. August 2013

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mablethorpe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed with family in this Hotel first time, was worried when i saw reviews but found hotel basic and clean, cleaned every day and towels changed, staff very friendly and helpfull, food i found very good lots of variety, bread i loved, manager says they are going to update things. location excellent. we stayed in august 2013 very hot. one or two dogs roam but very friendly,as we are dog lovers found them well looked after. would recommend hotel.[ Mrs Pattison ]

Room Tip: room on pool side quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Moreton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in Turkey.

I actually don't know where to begin :/

We arrived at about 23.30 on July 22nd for 2 weeks, we were given a room on bar street which was noisy but something I could cope with, what I couldn’t cope with during the 2 weeks was how lazy the cleaners were. My daughters bed sheet had a hole in it and was only changed ONCE the whole holiday (Sunday 4th August) even after I’d demanded it be changed on numerous occasions, my sons was changed a few times and mine was only changed once also, there was 1 bath towel in the room so I had to ask for another 2 as there was 3 of us - the towels were changed once in the 2 weeks even though I requested they were changed. These were the major things, I’m not even going to list the minor things as it would take forever.

Now the all inclusive problems - I paid almost £3000 for this all inclusive holiday - I spent almost another £2700 on eating and drinking out due to the inedible and undrinkable stuff they served, I’m actually wondering if the chefs wandered around taking suntan oil to put on the food as it was that greasy, it was an absolute disgrace!!! As for the drinks they were just as bad, cheap nasty spirits, god only knows what they did to the soft drinks as they were practically flat and didn’t even taste like cola, Fanta or sprite.

The hotel was full of Russians who were rude and arrogant, 1 family in particular had a young baby with them and I have no objection to a naked baby being by the pool due to the heat but what I did object to was the fact they kept putting the baby in the pool naked - a baby has no control over bladder or bowel movements so needless to say I really didn't want to be in a pool where a baby could pee or poop freely, I went to reception and the staff were good over it as they got the manager to speak to them immediately.

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is that the reception staff and 1 of the pool bar staff were really friendly and helpful.

All in all I wasted almost £3000 on a holiday that was in a hotel from Hell!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Have stayed at the Mandalinci hotel quite as few times over the years, perfectly positioned for all the shops, bars, beach and weekly market. The hotel itself could do with a face lift as it is slowly going down hill. The food isn't brill but if your not fussy there is always something to eat, the all inclusive drinks selection is good although we had to complain to reception as they had no wine or brandy for 2days, We were lucky as we had one of the rooms over reception, but we have had rooms on bar street in the past and it does get very noisy. Overall had a good week will be going back next year, only because of the location of the hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed there with my husband from 16-26 of july 2013. Our room (2310) was facing the street with bars. Room doesn't have silent windows, A\C is very old (i think it hasn't been replaced since the first opening. At first it cools the room a bit but then something happens with the inner part and it starts working like a diesel generator. no joking.). Bars are opened from 9pm till 03-04 am. So with having no A\C and bad pop music in your room turnes your vacation into a nightmare. On the 4th night I cried and asked my husband to move to another hotel. The last 5 nights we spent in 5* mini hotel just 500 meters from that place. That's not all. Hotel everywhere in general is in very bad condition. Absolutely everything including the beach (sunbeds, umbrellas, beach is dirty). You would also love the smell in outdoor bathrooms near the pool... And I don't know what the "spa and wellness" stuff is. I wouldn't dare to go downstairs to see it. The only thing ok about this hotel is food. It's absolutely normal, sometimes tasty, especially deserts and salad and deserves a 4*. I think that we would have a nice stay if we had a room not on the bar street and air condition worked. But still the hotel is in VERY BAD CONDITION. It has to be renovated immediately. If you prefer having a quiet vacation and a nice look of the hotel you are staying DON'T STAY IN MANDALINCI.

Room Tip: There are a lot of rooms facing the bar street. If you got stuck in mandalinci try getting a room th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Arrived 2/7/13 with my husband and two sons. I had booked a 4* hotel with two rooms. On checking in we were shown to our room which had a double and single bed in one room and the second room which was more of a cupboard with another single bed. It had wallpaper peeling of the walls in several places and paint falling of the ceiling. The bathroom was filthy with water ring marks etc around basin, bath/shower had no handle on doors just a sharp remnant of a previous handle, towels grubby grey colour. Corridors and floors beyond filthy and the dining area a disgrace. The odd dead cockroach which is normal but at least pick them up when they are dead! I have never cried before regarding a hotel room but this was a first, we eventually got moved at a considerable cost after four days. Definitely not for the British family holiday. The locals even shook their heads when they asked where we were staying, they called it Fawlty Towers ( but without the humour). My advice.. If you have booked change it real quick and anyone thinking about booking .. Don't!! This is my first ever review I have written because I would not want any one to be as disappointed as us!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I am here now we arrived and were immediately disappointed as expecting a 4/5sar hotel, I wouldn't even give it a 2 honestly,,,Ive stayed in better 3 star before. When we asked to be moved the manager wasn't very helpful and said there was nothing he couldn't move u till 5 days apart fom a family room which was just as disgusting and just as noisy (we were right next to a loud bar) baring in mind we emailed when booking as advised and requested a quiet room on the other side of the hotel. We complained as soon as we saw our room the first night and also the following morning and still no help. It's now the fifth day and we have retuned to reception we have been shown two other rooms which are equally poor and one of which smells so damp you couldn't sleep in it, we were also shown a really nice room on the other side of the hotel which is more acceptable ,,people are checking out all the time and out of the only other three English family's here one family have left altogether the wife in tears, the others have moved to. Quieter room.
Half of our party have moved to the nicer room , we are still waiting to meet our rep who has never turned up

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Mandalinci Hotel? Share your experiences!