“Just simply terrible . .” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Regal Resort Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torba
Regal Resort Hotel
You added Regal Resort Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Torba Mevkii, Torba 4800, Turkey   |
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Torba
plymouth
“Just simply terrible . .”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2008

I wont bore you with the details of the resort, as my experiences were the same as all the others.
The place is simply awful - badly run, designed, poor food hygiene, poor qulaity food and drink et etc.

If you have gone to the Regal Resort, you MUST perservere and get you money back from the holiday company who sold you the awful holiday. Only last week (8th March 2008) did I finally recieve a full refund for the holiday. I tried writing to the holiday company and was getting fobbed off. Take my advice - go straight to the Small Claims Court with the issue - as soon as I did this, surprisingly, the holiday company were contacting us and we settled the amount.

Hope this helps.

• Liked — Waving goodbye to it as we finally left for the airport
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple

Solo
Penzance, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2008

where do i start? well myself and my partner stayed here in June 2007. Thankfully we knew what it was going to be like before we arrived thanks to trip advisor because we woud have been in for a shock! knowingly we took plenty of money with us and treated the hotel as a base and had the odd breakfast and drink but no more.
The situation of the hotel was lovely apart from the wind as it is quite high up but considering the temp was 45 most days it was welcome.
bad points-
horrible food
horrible staff
filthy pool- no chlorine
watered down drinks
the worst coffee i have ever tasted
they dont change towels or linen
the hotel enterence smells like a sewer
no cushions on longers
no pool towel

whole place is a joke, luckilly we got moved to l'ambiance in gumbet for health and safety reasons which was a lot better but not a very nice location.
i recomend staying at the fantazia in kusadasi, nice hotel and big.

Stayed June 2007
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2008

I hated it! absolutely hated it! It was a last minute booking was told it was a 5 star hotal apperently it was like a 10 minute walk to the beach! the beach was terrible! the food of the hotel was the same everyday and they just gave left over food from the morning or what not! the pool didnt properly have chlorine in it to kill bacteria it tasted of salt water and im sure you are supposed to taste salt water only in the SEA! also the rooms were full of dead bugs! an english family we met there found a dead rat in their room and were appauled by it. i have never seen anything like it. the glasses used to drink wernt properly washed either. the animation was the only fun and enjoying thing of the hotel i could say but then again they were amateurs and didnt know what they were doing as there was a saying that they wernt paid their wages for so long anyways that doesnt matter. the first day they gave us a room all the way up in the middle of the mountain come on theres something called lifts there wasnt even that! we had to walk all those long and tiring stairs like 10 times a day think how much weight i lost! we complained and was moved to the 2nd floor. still such a terrible place to spend money and quality time!

• Liked — Animation
  • Disliked — Long stairs and Food
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Doha
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2007

My name Ahmed, I travel man in Qatar. I resort 43 person at hotel "Regal Resort". No like. Prostitutions give the disease. Not women veil in head. Hotel "Regal Resort" bad very bad no stay.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Tabriz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2007

Reagal resort bodrum the hotel which I never ever seen in my life such a five stars hotel like that. it is terrible hotel . I am a TRAEL AGENCY MANAGER in IRAN and I had brought 61 clients to this damned hotel on 3 Sep .Like many many people I read all complain s on internet but I didnt accept it since it is five stars hotel and I thought normally it should have hotel 5 stars standards.Beyond my exceptation when I entered the hotel I saw that all photo showen in internate was fake photo .
let me explain my first time experience . There are lots of stairs in enterance of hotel which make difficult for clients to carry thier luggage. the person in front of hotel said the bellboy would carry them to lobby but our group luggaege was outside of hotel for long time .In lobby every where was filthy and on the table was tea and caffe spots and lots of empty cup and no one was there for picking them up .there were lots of rooms in hotel but you should be mountain climber to go up by stairs and reach your room . I think that there was approximately 250 stairs on hill side which goes to rooms and who will carry your luggage to 8 flour it is another problem .suppose that you carry your luggage yourself how you can find the electric switch it is another problem . if you switch on electric you will see a boken wooden door and lots of rubbish in surroundings . when you enter your room ,you smell nusty smell and you will see 20 years old broken bed . it looks like ALCATRAZ jail .it is very very astonishing when you see shampoo which is in the mineral water empty bottle in the bath . I am sure that you can not stay for more that 10 minutes in your room and you will decide to go out .
in outside you will see prostitute who invite you to have a sex with them . when you are hungry there is no where except restaurant normally . in hotel restaurant which is all inclusive you just find 4 kind of unqulified food , salad and bread wich is decorated in a basket. The hotel REGAL RESORT is inn not 5 stars hotel and I am really surpise why ministry of tourism in Turkey doesnt control the hotel like Regal resort . on that night all my clients complained about situation and I was in bad state of mind . Only God helped me and I managed to find 17 rooms in hotel Green beach and 12 double rooms in hotel Golden Age 1 . I quickly transfered all my clients to new hotels and I really appreciate from hotel Golden Age 1 and hotel Green beach manager which helped me at 3 Sep on midnight.
If you want to get more information please call me 0098-411-3306182 or write and email .Iranaghasht @yahoo.com
Please and please never ever make reservation in hotel Regal resort because you will lose your money

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing .terrible
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
lancashire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

Firstly we would like to clarify something. We are not moaners in general as some may imply!! They say in life you should try everything once- the Regal Resort is the exception to the rule. Do not go at all as it is a sham. Put simply, this hotel has and is still being completely mis-sold to decent hard-working people who thought they'd got lucky and booked a 5 star holiday for a reasonable price. Where do we start???

Food..Believe everything you have read prior to this review. It is without exception, cold, bland and almost vegetarian. (By the way, we are not fussy eaters and are always willing to try traditional foods from wherever we holday). Weedani mentioned the "hot" plates always being stone cold, this is no exaggeration. The restaurant manager was totally uninterested when this was pointed out to him and things did not improve. Within 4 days of our stay one polish lady was admitted to hospital at 5am with food poisoning!

Drinks..Again, what you have read is correct. The limited choice in any alcohol was warm, served in old, yukky plastic tumblers. If you did manage to get a drink, you had to be quick off the mark as by tea-time we became familiar with the phrases "vodka finish" and "beer finish". We might add, this is pretty much the only english words the incompetent and rude bar staff spoke!

Rooms..We had no towels for much of our stay. When we did, they were used to mop up puddles of water from the continually faulty air conditioning and leaking bath all over the floors. The towels were never replaced. No cold water in bathroom. Fridge not working, neither did the replacements we received after tiresome but polite complaining. No safe key available so again, after much pestering we were brought a replacement safe with a key. The only problem was that we could easily lift the safe off the wardrobe shelf which clearly defeats the object somewhat! The patio door was wedged fully open by so-called housekeeping using a table. Again, not what you'd call "safe". Luckily, we had nothing stolen from our room but several people we spoke to were not so fortunate.

We genuinely could go on and on and on but be assured we are pursuing full compensation for a total con. The tour operators, ours was onthebeach holidays knew of all these problems since May 2007 but still sent us there despite us raising our concerns more than once. We were told that if there was a problem with our hotel, we could easily move once we were there. This again is untrue. We spent a small fortune contacting them and hotels4u.com plus the local manager at the Yesil Dalyan office and frankly got nowhere. Incidentally, we complained on day 2 of our 2 week holiday (4th Sept) and were told there was nowhere available. We met people who were given alternative accomodation at the Green Beach Resort before they even left the UK prior to this date.

In summary, pretty much everything you are told by your tour company is a lie and in contrast, pretty much everything you read on this site is honest, accurate and unbiased. We would like to stress again that we are fairly upbeat people who did not expect the Ritz but be assured you must change your holiday!!

On a positive note, we had a great holiday as we met other nice folk with whom we spent lots of quality time away from this hotel. We did get moved on day 6 to the Green Beach Resort but had to pay £15 each for the rep to take us there. Don't be put off Turkey or even Torba. It is a lovely resort, just make sure you aren't sold down the river by your tour operator.

Happy holidays!

L and S

• Liked — the view is spectacular
  • Disliked — everything else!!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
N Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2007

I was anxious anyway about going to this hotel after reading the reviews before hand. we had managed to change the last 10 days of our holidays but unfortunaltley for the first 4 days we had to stay at the regal.
The pools and view are the only 2 good points about this hotel.
The hotel is very remote with barely a shop nearby. we have to pay 25ytl ( about £10) to go into Gumbet or bodrum at night.
The drinks were poured out of 2ltr plastic bottles which were flat and warm. I waited 10 minutes the first night to get a drink as the barman insisted on serving all the Turks first. There were flies all over the food as if it wasnt bad enough to begin with........
The steps were terrible a real hazard...i thought people were exagerating but there werent we had to climb 60 steps from our room to get to the top pool and 180 steps down to the main pool and restaurant......All in all dont go...we moved ourselves as the rep was no where to be seen and paid to stay in the ayaz hotel in gumbet for 3 nights and checked out of the regal after the first night . the room was clean but bits of the floor was mising and the door looked as if it had been kicked in a few times...very unsfae..i wouldnt even leave my valuables in the safety deposit box....

my advise...dont stay here

• Liked — views and pool
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Regal Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!