Where do I start?! This hotel could be absolutely fantastic, but it simply isn't (or can't be bothered) and should be downgraded.
There are a few positives which are mainly the location of the the hotel and the lovely restaurant and bar staff.
Upon our arrival around midnight, we were met with music blaring from one of the guests rooms overlooking the reception area. Check-in was OK, nothing special, it was suggested we go and get a drink from the bar around by the poolside. When reaching the poolside we were greeted by the sight of an arguing couple. So overall first impressions of the hotel were not great!
When we were reached our room, although it was lovely and spacious it was also filthy! I have never seen a bathroom like it in all my time of staying in even the most basic of hotels. Rusty shower, dirty toilet (to name but a few). My husband and I had luckily packed some cleaning wipes (after reading some other reviews of the cleanliness of this hotel we thought it best!) and gave the bathroom a good scrub. There were also no bins in the room, the TV didn't work and the air conditioning was not functioning properly.
The following day we addressed this with our rep who promptly spoke with the Manager who explained he had only been at the hotel for 10 days and was working on the overall problems of the hotel and he would make sure our issues were rectified by the end of the day. Well needless to say this never happened and we had to push to get anything rectified by the following day.
For the duration of the holiday the room was never sufficiently cleaned; we sometimes didn't have enough bath towels (and when we did they were old). The bed linen had holes in it and the floors were clearly never mopped because everyday our feet were black and it felt dusty. Glasses were not removed from our rooms as part of the cleaning process and we also constantly had problems with the lock on our door and had to keep on getting Reception to come and sort it out - which bearing in mind we were a good few minutes walk (up hill) from reception became slightly annoying!
The sun bed situation wasn't too bad but on a couple of occasions we found our beds had been taken whilst we'd popped for a drink at the bar, despite the fact we had our own towels on them!
The food at the hotel is VERY, VERY bland, there is almost no flavour to the dishes and food from the previous night appeared in some pretty random salads the following lunch time, it reminded me of a bad canteen and certainly not 5 star. The cakes served in the afternoon were very quicky taken by many of the guests who would insist on piling their plates high and then not even eating it - such a waste.
The animation team quite frankly were a bit of a joke and unprofessional - I think they thought they were on holiday too or at the very least thought they were entertaining the club 18-30 brigade! The music pumping poolside every day was enough to make your ears bleed and this really spoilt our plans for a quiet relaxing holiday. A number of guests complained about the music levels but this was never toned down. Thankfully for a couple of days the music system broke and so the atmosphere poolside was lovely. The team were also quite difficult to identify - most hotels we've stayed at, the animations teams have been in some kind of uniform. You were lucky at the Javelin if they were wearing a tag that identified who they were. They also seems to be out to please themselves -and some of them had quite an attitude, for example when my husband asked which country one of team came from he was met with an aggressive 'why do you need to know that' when all he was trying to do was make conversation! This is certainly no way to treat guests!
So in summary, if you are happy with a beautiful location but a very mediocre hotel then this place is for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NOA HOTELS Javelin Beach Club & Spa is located at one of the most beautiful costlines of the Bodrum Penninsula at the Aegean Sea, Ortakent, in Bodrum.Javelin Beach Club & Spa offers many activities and facilities to make you enjoy your stay. Our Supperior & Grand rooms are spacious with large terraces, which will make every family member happy. Our Standard rooms are all to the newest standards.The Beach right in front of the Hotel is inviting you to relax. The Pier with its evening A-la-Carte restaurant will welcome you with the most delicious tastes of the Turkish Cuisine.Children will have the best holiday, with many games and fun all through the day.Come and enjoy the Spa where you will find many relaxing treatments, such as Turkish bath, Sauna, Massage etc.ENJOY... NOA HOTELS... More than just vacation.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HostelBookers so you can book your NOA HOTELS Javelin Beach Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- My Club Javelin Resort And Spa
- My Club Javelin Hotel Ortakent
- Hotel Mgm Javelin