“Ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Palm Beach Hotel

You added Royal Palm Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Royal Palm Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Metin Akman Caddesi Asarlik Mevkii, Gumbet 48400, Turkey   |
Ranked #17 of 116 Hotels in Gumbet
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I returned yesterday from this hotel, and on the whole my experience was okay.

Location: Great location next to the beach where you can easily access the centre of Gumbet. Plenty of bars, shops and restaurants. I found no problem with sun loungers on the beach, loads of empty ones.

Room: Spacious room with 2 single beds, tv, dressing table, wardrobe, draws, free aircon, and a fridge. The bathroom was large and clean and everything was in working order, includes a hairdryer too. Towels were changed daily. Clean.

Pool: Large pool area, clean, plenty of sunbeds, tables and chairs, music at a reasonable volume. Staff always collecting glasses and rubbish from poolside.

Food: This was my biggest disappointment as there was set meal times (8-10 breakfast, 12:30-2pm lunch, 7-9 dinner). This would be fine if there was a snack bar but there wasn't. So considering I paid alot of money for my stay here, I did not eat very much as I was mainly in the hotel between 2 and 7 when they weren;t serving food. On the occasions I did eat, I wasn't very impressed....as previous reviews have said it's great if all you eat is salad, but there wasn't much choice at all. It was always chicken. And one night they had fish. On the plus, the restaurant area is large and getting a table was never a problem.

Drinks: The all inclusive finishes at 11pm, and the drinks include beer, vodka, wine (white, rose, red), bacardi, gin and raki. And ofcourse soft drinks, water, tea and coffee.

Entertainment: Turkish night with belly dancer, and break/street dancers. Twice a week. 11:30pm every night the animation team go to bar street where they take guests too. There is also a sauna, gym and massage room. Free wifi in the lobby area.

Staff: The staff were absolutely fantastic. Always smiling, always working. They work very very hard, especially the young man behind the bar. Animation team are great. Staff make effort to speak to everybody. No hassle. On arrival it was quite late at night and I was given a sandwich by the receptionist on arrival which I thought was nice.

If the all inclusive improved then I would definitely stay here again, there were no major problems and I enjoyed my time here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 7 nights.. due to late arrival was given a sandwich and our cases were carried up to our room. All inclusive finished at 11pm so bought a cocktail 15 lira each at the poolside bar. Very friendly staff breakfast was good. No toaster though. Lunch was chicken chips meatballs pasta and a variety of
salads. Dinner was chicken done another way. Chicken was on the menu everyday cooked a different way. All the staff were great and all in all a good hotel. Value for money. I would recommend taking the bus into Bodrum as there are more shops and restaurants. We ate at a restaurant called The Place the food was fabulous lovely location on the harbour overlooking Bodrum Castle. Gumbet itself was very lively of a night. With lots of bars and nightclubs all booming music. All in a a great holiday.

• Stayed September 2013
Reigate, Surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I arrived at this hotel around 6 in the evening (after a very good private transfer from Milas). Check in was fine and we were shown to our room. This was, to put it mildly, a little tired and in need of some improvement. A number of the light switches in the room did not work, and the shower door was hanging off. Several of the furniture doors were hanging by a thread and the whole room was in general need of renovation in my opinion.
The pool area is very nice, with plenty of room for all guests and a nice, chilled vibe. Whilst there is music from the bar it was in no way obtrusive. The same goes for the staff who are all very friendly.
The food was a real disappointment to be honest. As a previous reviewer had commented the meat was flavourless, and everything seemed to be in a sauce which made it all taste the same. Although we had paid for All Inclusive we ate out three evenings. Breakfast was the standard omelette with little other choice and, while these were fine when you've eaten an omelette every morning for a week you quickly find yourself wishing for something else! Lunch was again quite limited with chips a staple part, which again became tiresome very quickly.
The most concerning aspect involved two incidents which we not adequately explained by the hotel. After returning to the room around 3:30 in the afternoon after a day in the sun, I was lying on the bed when the main door was opened (with a key) by a local man who was not wearing hotel uniform. There was no knock, and when I challenged him he apologised and quickly retreated. A day or so later at 11:30 at night, the door was again opened and closed quickly, and I am almost certain the door was locked. When I went outside there was no one to be seen. When confronting the hotel the receptionist basically said that I can't have locked the door. Even if that is the case, they were unable to explain why someone would have tried to get in the room. I found these incidents a little worrying and it did take some of the gloss of the rest of the holiday.
Positive aspects are the cleanliness, which cannot be faulted, the friendliness of all the staff, who are a credit to the hotel and the pool area, which is the same. While my wife and I loved Gumbet we would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hi just got back from this hotel advertised as 4* but struggles to be 3*.(all inc)
Entertainment twice a week, Nothing for children only a small pool, note there are no lifts or ramps in this Hotel, This is supposed to be the 15th most popular Hotel in this area????, I saw a whloe lot more better Hotels all around,overall it needs abit more TLC,
STAFF:- Friendly, Helpfull,
ROOM:- First Room we were shown was lets say, very tired and well used,and needed upgrading. which i'm sure thay will do in time. We complained strightaway, and was shown to another room in the reception block, where the rooms had been upgraded, nice shower room all functioned ok, But be early in the mornings before 7 and late in the evenings after 8 if you want a hot or warm shower.Air-con worked , flat screen tv with more channels than you can poke a stick at if your fluant in turkish,german, french,arabic,russian,spanish polish etc. found four english news channels.
FOOD :-Thought food was poor not a great choice, you'll be ok if you got floppie ears and buck teeth, salad salad and more salad, breakfest, lunch, and dinner. Great if your on a diet,
The meat was flavourless, out of a box(Findus,,other brands are also available) Thought there Would have been more fish on menu as in Turkey and on the coast,
If you want good food go to the ANNALIVIA resturant or the beach bar .
POOL AREA:- Plenty of space 2 good sized pools lots of tables and lounges,clean, no life guard.
BEACH:- short walk down road, limited sunbeds cover the beach
Be prepared to say No every 10 mins as you get hassle from beach guys trying to sell you excursions , boat trips, jet ski and all the other water sports ,,,
Yes you guessed it WE WON'T BE GOING BACK , it may be your thing but it is not mine.
Did meet some great people,,,, "fit lik aday"

Room Tip: rooms in the reception block are updated
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were transfered here from a terribble hotel in Turgutreis, so we were quite happy to discover a clean, taken care of facilities and smiling personnel. The food was good, but for 4 stars hotel (was sold to us as such) more variety would be welcome. Entertainment is twice a week, nothing to do in the area for families with young children, the walk on the beach is not that nice due to its poor condition and darkness.
On a positive side the people are friendly, the swimming bad is big and clean, the beds are comfy, the towels are changes everyday, the WiFi in the lobby is free.
The hotel has no own beach (which was not told to us), you can go for a swim but staying on the beach the whole day is senseless, since you have to pay for your drinks (if you have all inclusive this is not what you do).
We had a pleasant stay for 9 days, but we would not go back to Bodrum area, as the beaches are not half as nice as elsewhere in Turkey.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were told that this hotel was a very trustworthy and popular place to stay. however when we stayed we stayed the cracks began to show, with the shower dripping out and having to wash my hair in the sink most nights, the dirty floors and awful air conditioning. towards the end of the holiday my boyfriend realised he had lost £20 out of his suitcase, then on the last full day my younger brother then noticed he had £10 taken out of his wallet which was also in his suitcase. this made it obvious it wasnt a coincidence. the hotel staff then did nothing to help or make the matter improve with the manager brushing it under the carpet and reception staff lying to us. i would not recommend this hotel to anyone. however there is no fault at all with the resturant staff who would be happy to go out of their way to help you. who were friendly and fun.

Room Tip: front of the hotel over looks the beach and pool area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Trip advisor

3* accommodation .... 5* food

We just got back from our holiday at the Royal Palm Beach resort, the hotel is nice enough it's a 3star hotel and quite small which works, so the waiters will soon get to know you very quickly. All the staff are really friendly and the food was great. Before booking I was worried about the food as I was taking my vegetarian mum who is quite fussy but we both really enjoyed the food each day there was something new and all fresh. Lovely salad and fresh fruit daily. Each evening some form or BBQ and each time a new main freshly cooked dish. I just want to express this as I have been on all inc before to Eygpt twice and Tunisia always normally staying at 5* hotels and the food has always been a let down. So this hotel really was surprisingly good.

The hotel is located a few minutes away from Gumbet so you would need to get a taxi or bus to get anywhere.

The beach is down the road but the restaurants close to the hotel are quite expensive so be warned.

We did the boat trip which we booked with the local tour rep from the beach as the tour operator price was £26 each and with the local guy it was £15 with the transfer to pick you up from the hotel. Our trip had 5 stops where the one with the tour operator only did 4. It was a good day out.

Please ensure you take a towel! I assumed it would be provided by the hotel for the beach and leant the hard way! :-)

There wasn't much to do locally but we wanted to relax and we definitely got to do this.

We went to a local Turkish bath on the first day this again was local from the hotel not the tour operator and it was fantastic! Mud bath, scrub, form scrub and a massage! It was fantastic and a great start to get the body ready for a good tan.

The hotel offered some music and entertainment in the evening. We went to Bitez one evening it's a taxi ride away and was 14 lt each way the shops here are nice and you don't get hassled by the shop keepers.

We also got the local bus to the Oasis shopping centre where we enjoyed a lovely meal at the Urfa Diyari Restaurant. Recommend the Oasis centre we had mani/pedicures there.

Overall great holiday nice hotel!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Royal Palm Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!