“Great” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gumbet Mah. Dayilar Sok. Bodrum Merkez, Gumbet, Turkey   |
Ranked #39 of 116 Hotels in Gumbet
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this little gem for 2 weeks and having read some negative reviews we were a little concerned , however I can't praise this hotel enough , the staff, from the two girls on reception ,the excellent bar staff , the restaurant staff and the cleaners work tirelessly to make sure your holiday is completely stress free , the pool area is always spotless as is the rest of the hotel, the food does get a little repetitive but is always hot and fresh ,if you want a Turkish bath and massage then this is the place for it highly recommend, eating out check out Windy Bay steak house it serves the best porterhouse steak in Turkey , the only thing that lets this place down is the beach it is full of litter ,if you go further down the beach it gets better , that's it a great hotel , great staff ,I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family .

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We arrived Saturday afternoon and checked in promptly. Hotel food was limited but it has to cater for wide range of nationalities so understanable. The Bar staff where great and we went out a few times in the eve with them. Pool was a nice size but the sun beds go very early due to every person putting towels down hours before they are even using them. Bar served soft drinks and alcoholic drinks (Vodka, beer, Raki & Wine). Beach was pretty much across the road 2 minute walk. Gumbet was about 5-10 minute easy stroll either along beachfront or to the right of the hotel. 2 little supermarkets next the the hotel for any little extras you want. We decided to try some food out side the hotel due to being so cheap, i would recommend Windy bay for a great meal deal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

PROS.

All areas of the hotel were very clean.
It is situated a short walk from the bars and shops so you're away from the noise.
Free wifi.
Friendly staff.

CONS

It took 4 days to get a fridge for our room, which was missing. Receptionists didn't seem to pass messages on.

The food is boring and typically Turkish, we had to ask for omelettes on various occasions as there was just nothing there to break the monotony. 1 meat 1 fish option ( I never want to eat another stew in my life), potatoes or pasta/rice. Salad bar. Same thing, day in, day out. Breakfast was ridiculous, had they brought out some of the cheeses and meats at lunchtime it would've helped, but they didn't.

My party only drink vodka, beer and soft drinks, but that was ok, apparently the only other drink available on AI was gin. I can't confirm this however as we didn't ask for anything else.

Now..... my absolute biggest moan. The hotel manager has a restaurant somewhere in Gumbet?Bodrum, and there are leaflets on the bar and posters in the pool area advertising it. There is also a young man who comes to your lounger to sell it to you. ( we take you there, we bring you back, good food, we have steaks, Mexican Italian etc etc). I was so Insulted by this. Why, when you are in an all inclusive hotel, would you then go to the owners restaurant outside? And why would a manager even allow the touting in the first place? The food at the hotel was so boring, as I said, stews made with cheap cuts of meat, although one night we had fish bbq and another night chicken thigh bbq. I found it incredibly patronising, especially when the manager actually stopped us one night as we were on our way out for a meal to tell us yet again we should go to HIS restaurant and not one of the local ones.

Overall, the hotel is fine. Shame about the touting, and shame about the fridge issue. As others have mentioned, there is no entertainment at the hotel, but we were very lucky to have been there when a wedding party of abt 40 people were there. Guests were invited to join Karen and Paul for their evening reception and it was a fabulous night. They were great fun and even organised their own entertainment ( thanks Don lol) .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have just returned from a weeks stay, all inclusive, at the Hotel Club Flora and I really liked this hotel. My room was very clean and fairly spacious. The only downside of the room was the exceptionally small balcony which was not big enough to sit out on. Other that this aspect I was more than happy with the room.

I loved the pool area and spent most days here. It was fairly busy by the pool most days and you need to get there early to get yourself a sun bed. The water was warm and clean. This area was lovely.

A nice bar is located next to the pool which has friendly staff. Local drinks are available on all-inclusive. These were fine although the beer tasted a little weak.

I ate in the restaurant for most of my meals. I don`t do breakfast so I am unable to comment on that, however I often ate lunch and dinner at the hotel. Each meal there was a meat/fish option, plus pasta/potato variations. There were large amounts of different types of salad available too. There was as much bread as you wanted, plus a selection of desserts which were nice. For me the food was fine. It did get a bit boring after a while so we did eat out on a couple of occasions and this helped break the monotony. All of the restaurant staff were very friendly and courteous.

We spent most early evenings at the bar. There was no entertainment, except music being played from the bar.

Wi-fi was available and I did use this. It was often very slow, probably due to the amount of people logging on. sometimes I couldnt get on at all.

I would strongly recommend the Turkish Baths which are located at the hotel. We were charged £25 each and we all loved it. We had a full 3 hour relaxation experience and all of my group felt that it was worth the money. Make sure you go during your first few days as it helps with your sun tan! The guy selling the Turkish Baths is a bit creepy, and he frequents the pool/bar area. I didnt like him particularly but he had no part in the experience itself.

In summary, I loved this hotel. It is not 5 Star, however I really liked it and would readily stay there again.

The hotel is located about 15 minutes walk from the busiest areas of Gumbet. Buses regularly stop at the front of the hotel and these will take you to the centre of Bodrum for 3TL (about £1). We went for nights out in both locations.

Gumbet is very busy. Bar street is full of lively bars and clubs. I found the behaviour of some of the Turkish bar staff to be shocking, and this was from only watching what was going on (as I am a man!). Most of them appeared to be absolute predators towards white English women. Ok some of the women seemed to like it, however if you are a white woman I would absolutely not recommend going to this location unless you are prepared to accept the behaviour of these horrible men, or at the very least to make it clear that their affections are not wanted.

Nights out in Bodrum were more relaxed without the madness of the Gumbet Bar Street! (although it was still busy).

Room Tip: Try and get a ground floor room with a terrace. There is no point in having a balcony as they are to...
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Myself and my friend have just returned from a two week stay at this hotel. We were half board and whilst other than our room we didnt spend a great deal of time at the hotel or bar, were impressed with many aspects. Firstly the hotel looks beautiful with surrounding greenary. The room was spacious enough for two, with suitable storage and all basic ammenities. We had a couple of problems, a broken fridge and a mattress too hard to sleep on, the staff however were quick to fix these issues for us.

One of the things admired most about this hotel was the cleanliness. The staff were meticulous in both cleaning the room and the pool surrounds every day. The staff for the most part were helpful and friendly (particularly the young girl with the long dark curly hair)

The food was edible for the most part. Ive had better and would reiterate the point others have made that it became repetitive and the same food on occasion appeared reheated from an earlier meal. We didnt spend a great deal of time here as previously mentioned as there is no entertainment however this wasnt a problem for us (they never advertised that they provided this so dont understand how others can complain with so many other bars nearby)

We would highly recommend a visit to the in hotel spa for a turkish bath and massage. Best one i have experienced.

The location initially was a great bonus away from the noise of the bars but close enough to walk to. Sami beach is recommended for great entertainment, on bar street Why Not is a great chill out bar with some really friendly staff. Also cant recommend enough the Dreamgirls show on at the theatre. Bodrum is a short bus journey away and is great for a day trip for some nice sites and shopping.

Sadly this is where the cons come in.The location whilst away from the noise also requires a walk either along a roadside or along an unlit path past a basketball court which is unsafe. Gumbet is unkempt, areas of the beach are filthy but the biggest con? the Turkish men. Having holidayed in Turkey before i am shocked that this is not being governed more. Harassing is common in Turkey and we expected this with shops bars etc however this was beyond shocking. Some of the bar staff as well as random Turkish men in the street approached us, followed us, put their hands on us and made us feel uncomfortable as we tried to enjoy nights out in the bars and clubs with other staff rarely getting involved to deal with this. Heaven forbid you be nice to any of them cause it appears they read this as an invite for sex. Not every one of them is like this however and some staff spoke to us about how fed up they are of it, as well as some helping us when we were being harassed but it is unbareable and tarnished what should have been a great holiday.

Really liked the hotel but would not return to Gumbet unless the government and bar owners get this sorted. Would only recommend a holiday here for large groups which include males. Four stars for the hotel but overall 3 stars for the holiday

Poole, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here for 14 nights from the 3rd June 2013 The hotel was great the staff were polite and helpful. The room which was on the ground floor over looking the pool was clean and well presented (not enough coat hangers though). Our only two niggles are the food was not replenished fast enough and the beach associated with the hotel was dirty and covered with glass, fag ends and bits of wood with nails in, hence we didn't use the beach. Apart from that we had a great two weeks and would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would recommend the ground floor over looking the poole
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have just come back from here, the food was all Turkish Cuisine so it was not suitable for all and definitely NOT for children.
The staff were all really pleasant.
The rooms were clean but not very big.
They do not have ANY entertainment so if you were expecting not to have to go out you will be disappointed.
This was most definitely NOT a hotel for children or teenagers.
They do NOT have a courtesy room, so if your flight is late you do need to extend your room, the prices seemed to vary

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Club Hotel Flora? Share your experiences!