“Yeuch! Don't go all inclusive!!! DEFINITELY NOT 4*” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Garden Hotel

Save Saved
You added Palm Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Palm Garden Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Oramiral Kemal Kayacan Cad. No:27, Gumbet 48252, Turkey   |
Ranked #56 of 116 hotels in Gumbet
Croydon
“Yeuch! Don't go all inclusive!!! DEFINITELY NOT 4*”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

Hi. Im in my early 20's and i recently stayed in this hotel for 1 week of summer 2009. I went with a couple of mates looking for a relaxing holiday. We paid just over 500 for 1 week all inclusive and flights at this hotel.
My thoughts are listed below.

Pro's -
rooms were okay, cleaned regularly (everyday i think) with fresh towels,
silence pool was pretty clean and relaxing. The main pool i never went in but it also looked clean. chairs fill up by about 11/12 so get one early,
has a turkish bath in the hotel (pay exta to use but nice),
hotel is really close to main strip with loads of shops for buying random nik naks and drinks etc as well as the main clubbing strip, (i use the term clubbing loosely.explained below)
Beach is also not far about 6 mins walk and down a shallow hill which is cool also.
Buses to everywhere run along back of hotel very regulary.

Cons -
Most importantly the hotel is not 4* as advertised. i would barely say 2*.
the all inclusive is shocking. The food was bad quality and just rubbish. the best part was the pancakes for breakfast which i managed once! The food at lunch was a disgrace with the choice of what we quickly labelled 'rat burger' or bread with cheese.Poor show guys. i was expecting to come back off holiday with a fine layer of blubber around my waste but i think i actually lost weight for loss of apetite.

Drinks were equally awful.coke tasted different everyday depending on how much they watered it down. Orange juice was thick and sharp tasting, ice tea... cmon who the hell drinks ice tea!! cherry was bearable. Alchoholic drinks were probably the worst. You had a great choice of Efes, Vodka, Gin and Raki and the all inclusive finished at 11pm so you had to cram in drink timeif you wanted to go out clubbing. Bar staff were painfully slow.

The fitness centre wasnt a fitness centre. the only thing that worked proerly and wasnt broken was the free weights and the bench.

I think those were my main problems with the place. Apart from that we actually had a really good holiday and loads of laughs.

I would recommend this place if you go room only and ate out everynight.. but beware bodrum isnt cheap.

The Resort.

Bodrum has a lot of potential and i think it will grow into a nicer place. the beaches were not quite sandy but the water was nice and clean so i guess thats okay. The bars are pretty awful in gumbet full of underage british drinkers on holiday with their parents. i would highly recommend catching a bus to bodrum and trying the bars there although they are not a huge deal better. Drinks are very expensive out there and i feel thhat people are always looking to help you part with your cash at every turn so be a bit savvy and check prices of EVERYTHING and HAGGLE you nadgers off, its fun! Bottom line, dont go to bodrum expecting great night life. It is fairly lively i admit but i personally didnt like it.Very cliche! But thats my opinion.

I could probably go on but i shant.

My final line on turkey is that it is a beatiful country, with loads of history and activities to suit all types . i would definietly go back but to other parts of it and i would ensure i researched the resort and hotel more thoroughly before going.

Hope this was helpful

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

507 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Turkish first
Guildford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

I stayed for a week, on the first night I arrived at 4 am and the room they put me in was awful, however they explained it would be changed after breakfast, which it was with no fuss to a lovely room. The food was very good, no you dont get a fry up for breakfast but if you want a full English and cant live without it 2 mins down the hill is a cafe!

The room I was given was clean and fresh and they really do put the towels in heart shapes with flowers which is a nice touch. Good quality air con but no kettle facilities so if you fancy hot drinks take a travel kettle!

The one down side was that drinks machines were few and far between so if you are sunbathing by the silent pool you have to walk to the other bar to get drinks.

There was a lovely family pool and a very nice so called silent pool as there is no music playing.

The turkish bath/massage experience is well worth it as it prepares your skin beautifully and they are very professional.

I felt safe at all times and the staff were so helpful. Had a bit of an incident with the onsite shop keeper which is unfortunate as I do not share his opinion that he is my destiny and should come to the UK to prove it, but as a solo traveller it wasnt a bad experience.Despite the lovesick shop keeper I will be returning next year but I will definitely not be flying SAGA airlines. This was the airline I flew with and it wasnt a good experience in terms of how safe the passengers felt (there was people screaming at several points!) we experienced very heavy turbulance for around 30 minutes and the staff didnt tell everyone it was ok or reassure anyone they just strapped themselves in!!

After shouts to raise the plane out of the turbulance it all settled down but needless to say I was very distressed and would not recommend this airline at all.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
aberdeen scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

i really enjoyed it me and my girlfriend went on the 14 july for a week i would definitly go back there is a lot of stairs but u get over it i mean im not a thin guy myself but i handled it the pools are great i would say its very clean theres a dj that plays during the day at the bar which was good and at the pool side theres a food kitchen that was my favorite food out of the hotel its doner burgers and chips i think that the food in the hotel is ok it can be quite weired some food then the next night it good be really good its a hit or a miss with that the hotel is on the same road as the shops and night clubs but cant hear the music when u sleep the all inclusive drinks are nice the vodka and gin are nice the beer tastes like tenants lager witch to me is nice there were some shows i liked at night only problem was bar was to far from the shows for a piece of mind about how safe your stuff is i left money on my bet 60 lyt to dry coz jumped in the pool with it i went out came back and the cleaner had been she was nice anough to put it back in my wallet witch i was very happy with if theres a guy that comes round offering u a boat trip for free then a meal after it i would recommed it was really nice day out for us and never had a steak like his one amazing well not much els i can say but will definitly be going back next year should be fun

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

well it was a really lovely hotel and the food fantastic, the staff were absolutely great helpffull and polite at al times, if you want english stay in england be adventurous the food was great there is something for everyone remember you are in Turkey. myself and my daughter were nervous to say the least our first time in Turkey and i could not fault it, there is a lot of stairs though and you do need to be careful as they can be steep. But we loved it all the people and the beach and the pool, W e were never afraid to venture out and soon got the hang of haggling,Room was great the whole hotel just like the pics and the brochure all round give it a go cheers Helen and Lisa we just got back and would happily return

• Stayed July 2009
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

We have never sampled such exceptional service and friendliness by staff in such a genuine manner, than at The Palm Garden, Gumbet. The resort was great for all of us. We are a family of 5 (2 adults, 13/12/4 year old children) and every one of us had an amazing time. The food was delicious and there was so much choice. The service - impecable (they especially take time to make the children feel welcome). We utilised the
Turkish bath experience twice in a week - it was that good! The entertainment team used our names all the time - they really made us feel special. We have no complaints (except the noisy neighbours on the 1st night, which security sorted out immediately). We thank you all at the hotel and look forward to our return later this year.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
n.ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

arrived 6th july for 1 week. 2 adults 3 children, given a family room, 1st room was disgusting so got it changed a few hours later to a lovely clean family room.
continental breakfast was okay, eggs, pancakes, breads,salads,some cereals.
lunch was good and so was dinner. pool bar started at 10am til 5pm serving burgers and chips. drinks were aplenty and you could ask for as many as you liked, and some you served yourself. liked the location,close to shopsand bars, had been to gumbet before so were familar. aquapark very good no height restrictions which pleased my 8year old and went on evening boat trip which would recommend, it was lovely. all in all we had a good time and would go back. if you do read any bad reveiws please do not let it put you off, even though we had a 1st bad room everything after that was good and i am a very fussy person and wouldnt let my children stay in any old place. all the reception,bar,cleaning and entertainment staff were all pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

I would class my self as very well travelled. I have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world. I can safely say this is the best hotel i have ever stayed in. The food was 5 star qualitym, the rooms huge and cleaned every day. THe swimming pooll area was very clean and spacious.
THere was loads going on and the entertainment team were great.
I will without a doubt be going back to this hotel again next year as i cannot fault it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Palm Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!