“Good place, lots of fun and nice people...overall wonderful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Garden Hotel

Save Saved
You added Palm Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Palm Garden Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Oramiral Kemal Kayacan Cad. No:27, Gumbet 48252, Turkey   |
Ranked #56 of 116 hotels in Gumbet
London, United Kingdom
“Good place, lots of fun and nice people...overall wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Palm Garden has been an amazing experience for me. There are lots of activities during the day which entertain not only the participants, but the crowd watching :D. The food was great and there were a lot of choices. My favourite part was the evening entertainment! The animation team would put on a great show and involve the crowd to join in with games and funny entertainment. Overall it was an amazing holiday and I'd advise people to go to Palm Garden Hotel!

• Stayed June 2013

507 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

stayed here for 1 week, we weren't initially pleased with the standard of the room, mainly cleanliness. The food was lovely, plenty of choice didn't have the same meal twice. The staff were polite and helpful. Pool area were nice and clean. Be up early to get a sunlounger though especially in high season. The entertainment team were great! Put on amazing shows in the evening and also trips to bodrum. This hotel is cheap and cheerful and you get what you pay for BUT BE WARNED you need a safety deposit box. The maids will rob you. We had 200tl and £20 stolen even after putting the do not disturb sign on the door. Holidaymakers even hid their things in their locked suitcases but them to got robbed!

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

It is 7am as I write this review, 2 days to go before normality.

Arrived at this filthy horrible dump just under a fortnight ago. We were given a room in "the dungeons" when we arrived. I say dungeons as these are the rooms near to the main road at the bottom of the complex, the rooms that are being ROBBED by cleaners. Yes cleaners that are clearing you out, whereby Police come and say no forced entry but a cleaners fob was found in the room and she was questioned along with the hotel Manager. Fortunately I told her my wife was in no condition to walk flights and flights of steps and we were moved to 1 flight below reception.

Some reviews have mentioned the water in dispensers, the one's you see in offices back home, yes this is fed by by a hose-pipe and will indeed make you ill as it did with me and my young son, not to mention family that are staying in an adjacent room next to us, their 10 year old very poorly too. The usual symptoms Sick, Runs and weakness for a couple of days.

Im a bit miffed as to how people can actually give this hotel a top review and comment the best place they have stayed in, their standards back home must be really poor - I am actually disgusted -

Another point too, your male cleaner knocks on around 8-30am and shouts clean - when you open the door he looks in your bathroom and will see if you have left towels on the floor for replacement - that is him done! What a shambles! I actually yesterday took his broom and started to sweep behind the 1970's chair to see a cockroach run as quick as it could, he grabbed the broom and huffed and mumbled Turkish and swept up. We have had clean bedding once in 12 days and this was because my son ... I'll let you think of what
happened next ..from being ill of couse..

The pool area was ok to a certain degree, the sunbeds have a majority that are broken, and the pool its self does need cleaning out from the forest around it..leaves etc.

The food is quite disgusting in the hotel, normally cold, heres one for you... Tell me a hotel you have stayed in where it does NOT have a toaster - How bad!

Good breakfast choice though, 3 min boiled egg, 5 min, or fried egg all with chips - i thought exceptional choice - oh yea the chef will cook you a plain Omelette if he didnt feel like he was being put out.

Take a tip -

Eat breakfast at Our House, and Dinner in Sues Place or Windy Bay..top food and quite cheap. Well its 7.50am and the rush for the egg and chips has commenced as if there is a food epidemic on -

On a plus note I'm home in 2 days.

I must mention by the way, a lot of us witnessed the barman attack a Turkish holidaymaker over asking for 2 drinks in the evening,between 10pm and 11pm, i will explain why. If you have been here before you will know the entertainment which is at the back of the pool and down below and a bit of a distance from the bar, so what Palm Garden do is between 10-11pm allow only one drink per person yet any other-time you can have what you like per person.
The restricted hour is a cost cutting exercise (good for business) as anybody who can be bothered will have a traipse from the entertainment area upto the reception area to get your fully gassed non Effes Beer or indeed your £1 a gallon Vodka YUK!! Will bother. Entertainment area is a wooden benches apparently my wife said where there is no tables or chairs and your usual Mr Palm Garden contest and Mrs the following day. The barman explained to the Turk one drink, I dont know what was said but a big row and then the barman smashed a glass full of beer and shattered the area with glass before security escorted the barman home.

Can I give you more a truthful and positive review about Palm Garden, I could lie and say it was
good - I like Turkey very much but not unless you go 5 star.

I hope this all helps - my highlight of the holiday will be Monday morning on the plane.

Have a good trip!!!!

You've been warned -

• Stayed September 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from palm garden. We booked this as a 4 star hotel, but would only rate it as a 2 or very poor 3. The electrics are pretty much broken all around the hotel and extremely dangerous, safety and hygiene are huge issues. They ran out of everything constantly including drink, cutlery and cups. It was a dirty hotel in result of us eating out most days even though we had paid all inclusive. To top it all off we had English money stolen from our case along with many other holiday makers. I would not return to this hotel, the staff were rude and unhelpful.

Exeter, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Me and my girlfriend just returned from a week at palm gardens and firstly i thought it was a lovely hotel the rooms were stranded, Bathroom was slightly dirty but we were hardly in our rooms the location was very good and very close to the beach!staff were very good and the pool was very clean! Basically you get what your pay for really and as we are young we dont care about the rooms and hotel in general it was mostly about the sun and exploring Turkey so if your the same stay here:) we will come back for sure

cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Just returned from Palm Gardens after having two weeks ,we arrived late and was shown a room that was not good ,lol . i took this up with reception and was told as it was late i had to wait till the change over on the next day , so we did that and blow me when i went back we had keys to a great room with no problems .i think it was that i did not go swearing at the staff and was laid back for it be sorted .
during the holiday we had so much fun and was worth the money ,the entertainment staff were great and worked hard to please people ,there was people that expected two much from a poor country ,the food was very good and not once i could say it was not , but you had to be on time so its hot no good having it 2hrs after its open !!!! one problem i did have but it did not upset me was the room cleaners ( Not Good ) washrooms not being cleaned and poor floor cleaning . so no tips was left. beach was great but you need to find a nice spot ,shops great to many so we spent to much money So what he he!! .so the people that are not happy get a life.well done palm gardens , from sue,tony ryan ,beth, from cornwall

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have just returned home from yet another fab stay at Palm Gardens. The staff were very friendly especially the entertainment team, thank you Dennis and all those that put on a good show!!! On arrival we were shown to our room and was helped with our luggage. There is entertainment throughout the day and again in the evening. If your looking for a cheap get away with guaranteed sunshine, this is definitely the place to go.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Palm Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!