Stayed here in July 2013 and thought it was a lovely hotel. We arrived in the early hours and was checked in quickly and taken to our room by the bell boy. The hotel was a bit of a maze which took a bit of getting used to but was nice and big. There was a lot of Turkish people staying here on holiday and they can be very rude talking about all of the tourists and looking at people like dirt when most of the young Turkish women would dress like prostitutes themselves but the hotel cant do anything about the people who stay there.
The hotel is also close to the town (within 5 minute walk away) so it is close but not so close that you can hear the noise.
The standard rooms are very basic and not 5 star but we heard the superior rooms were very nice so it is worth paying a little extra for this.
The pools were really nice and clean and we could always get a sun bed although when we left the school holidays were starting and it was getting slightly harder to find beds but we still always got the same spot which was good.
The beach was nice but small and the umbrellas did not offer much shade on the beach so spent a lot of the time by the pool.
The food was fantastic...the best all inclusive I have stayed in Turkey. The food was always fresh and topped up regularly but the drinks are very watered down although this is expected for an all inclusive hotel. We were surprised that one of the bars was open 24 hours as usually most all inclusive finish at 11 but not here. You can get food and drink all night!
Most of the staff were really polite and helpful but I did not inform any of them about the fact I am an English girl who does in fact speak TURKISH as well! The staff talk about people all of the time and it did make me angry when they would talk about me when I was in front of them. I acted like I did not understand them and they would continue to talk about me! Even some of the managers did this so I would advise them that they do not talk about anyone as they do not know who can understand them. These staff were very rude and if I was nasty I would have made formal complaints but these people value their jobs so I was willing to let it go.
The animation team were absolutely rubbish especially the two girls who just stand there doing nothing all day (not Sabrina) Sabrina and some of the men were the only ones who did something but still if you did not really participate in the activities then they don't acknowledge you at all...they just walk past you and look at you like dirt (especially the girls). Sabrina and her husband were the only fun ones in the group and actually tried talking to you.
The spa manager Adem is the rudest of them all! If you do not want a massage then he keeps coming back trying to sell them to you and at one point to shut him up we said maybe next week and his response was a rude mimicking phrase "oh maybe next week" then walked off in a grumpy strop! The rudest Turkish man I have came across by a mile. The gym is rubbish as well non of the equipment works and it is need of air con as it is like a sauna in there.
Mehmet who sold the boat trips was a lovely guy and I would recommend booking a boat trip with him as they are cheap and lovely days out.
Overall the hotel was nice but they need to sort out certain members of staff and tell them not to talk about anyone even in Turkish!!! it is not nice to be talked about when your on holiday trying to have a good time. The hotel was very clean with nice food and SOME nice staff so it is worth staying here for a nice holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of " away from noise but close to the fun " it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of "away from noise but close to the fun" it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. 7 Days a week the animation team will liven up the guests' holiday with daytime activities, shows, competitions, sketches and special themed show night. 4-12 Aged mini club is waiting their children. Water sport possibility on the beach. The guests will definitely find something fitting to their enjoy. In a 6 story main building there are 353 rooms. Modern and classic style decorated rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, safe box, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Asarlik Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Asarlik Beach Gumbet
- Asarlik Beach Hotel
- Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel Gumbet