“Lovely hotel but needs a few adjustments” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Asarlik Beach

You added Royal Asarlik Beach to your Saves list
Royal Asarlik Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Asarlik Mevkii, Advan Mendres Cad, Gumbet 48400, Turkey   |
Ranked #27 of 116 Hotels in Gumbet
London
“Lovely hotel but needs a few adjustments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed here in July 2013 and thought it was a lovely hotel. We arrived in the early hours and was checked in quickly and taken to our room by the bell boy. The hotel was a bit of a maze which took a bit of getting used to but was nice and big. There was a lot of Turkish people staying here on holiday and they can be very rude talking about all of the tourists and looking at people like dirt when most of the young Turkish women would dress like prostitutes themselves but the hotel cant do anything about the people who stay there.

The hotel is also close to the town (within 5 minute walk away) so it is close but not so close that you can hear the noise.

The standard rooms are very basic and not 5 star but we heard the superior rooms were very nice so it is worth paying a little extra for this.

The pools were really nice and clean and we could always get a sun bed although when we left the school holidays were starting and it was getting slightly harder to find beds but we still always got the same spot which was good.

The beach was nice but small and the umbrellas did not offer much shade on the beach so spent a lot of the time by the pool.

The food was fantastic...the best all inclusive I have stayed in Turkey. The food was always fresh and topped up regularly but the drinks are very watered down although this is expected for an all inclusive hotel. We were surprised that one of the bars was open 24 hours as usually most all inclusive finish at 11 but not here. You can get food and drink all night!

Most of the staff were really polite and helpful but I did not inform any of them about the fact I am an English girl who does in fact speak TURKISH as well! The staff talk about people all of the time and it did make me angry when they would talk about me when I was in front of them. I acted like I did not understand them and they would continue to talk about me! Even some of the managers did this so I would advise them that they do not talk about anyone as they do not know who can understand them. These staff were very rude and if I was nasty I would have made formal complaints but these people value their jobs so I was willing to let it go.

The animation team were absolutely rubbish especially the two girls who just stand there doing nothing all day (not Sabrina) Sabrina and some of the men were the only ones who did something but still if you did not really participate in the activities then they don't acknowledge you at all...they just walk past you and look at you like dirt (especially the girls). Sabrina and her husband were the only fun ones in the group and actually tried talking to you.

The spa manager Adem is the rudest of them all! If you do not want a massage then he keeps coming back trying to sell them to you and at one point to shut him up we said maybe next week and his response was a rude mimicking phrase "oh maybe next week" then walked off in a grumpy strop! The rudest Turkish man I have came across by a mile. The gym is rubbish as well non of the equipment works and it is need of air con as it is like a sauna in there.

Mehmet who sold the boat trips was a lovely guy and I would recommend booking a boat trip with him as they are cheap and lovely days out.

Overall the hotel was nice but they need to sort out certain members of staff and tell them not to talk about anyone even in Turkish!!! it is not nice to be talked about when your on holiday trying to have a good time. The hotel was very clean with nice food and SOME nice staff so it is worth staying here for a nice holiday.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a superior room as standard are not that good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't going to waste my time writing a review for this farse of a hotel but then realised people need to know about how bad it is in every way.
Arrived at midnight very tired was greeted by a guy on reception who shouted Passports, there was no Welcome or how was your journey etc, he checked us in but did not speak apart fron the one word of passports he then pointed to the lift and gave us a card with a number on an expected us to find our own way to our room, eventually we got to it what a let down, we paid £2000 for a superior room and all the woodwork was rotting so I went down to reception and complained we got moved to another superior room with a lovely view over the pool and looking out to sea, as far as the room went though was clean but not superior standard.
I asked if we could have the cot for my son that we had requested he was 2 at the time and has a disability only to be that there was none and that he wud have to sleep in a bed, for safety reasons alone this was not going to happen as if he rolled over onto the marble floor he would crack his little head open...I rang reception umpteen times to be told again there was no cots, I was persistent and said you had better get a cot and then was told one would be up in a while which seemed like forever, when it arrived the mattress was badly stained,so I wrapped it in extra sheets, By this time it was 4-30am and enventually my poor exhausted son was able to get some sleep, I went down to reception the morning after as it was the welcome meeting and the Thomas Cook rep didn't turn up at all no phone call to say why, I went and demande that they ring her to see where she was but I got laughed at and they muttered something in Turkish.
We went back to our room after the bloke had been in to clean it and I went in the bathroom to be greeted with a big green and bloodstaine pool off spit in the sink...damn right disgusting, I went back down to reception and complained but again they wernt bothered.
I went on a boat trip on my own as my partner wasn't feeling very well so he stayed in the hotel and I went on my own, A warning to ladies on there own be aware, I was stood at the front of the hotel at 6am waiting for the coach and a guy on a moped approached me asking what is my name, you come with me now he said, I told him to go away, he was very persistent and would not go, he asked me for my mobile number and when I just ignored him he said take my number we can have some fun, I was a little scared and when he went to grab my arm I shouted with fear an offensive wors at him and he then got the hint, if this had of been a young girl who had had a little to drink it could lead to something terrible happening.

CLEANLINESS.
This hotel was average in these stakes, for the first few days a disgarded icecream had been slung on the floor and hadn't been picked up for days.

SPA.

What a creep the manager is, he badgered me to go for some treatments off which I did in the end but my god I wish I hadn't, he asked me what did I see in my partner, and why was I with him, my partners is tall muscular and goodlooking and I think he felt a little bit inferior of him.
Had my treatment which was a thai massage all was going well untill I scream out in pain, the little thai women had only stood on my back she cracked my ribs of which I didn't know untill I went to hsptl when I got home.

Food.

What can I say cold boring same thing everyday, meat off poor quality we lived of chipe bread and omlettes of which were gorgeous but the que was horrendous.

Pools.

Kids pool what a laugh so small.
Big pool not much better.

ENTERTAINMENTm

I thought this was very good especially the kids.

SUMMARY.

All in all I am not a complainer or hard to please but I just can not accept how these people get away with such low standards and very poor customer care, they really don't give a damn. Having said that of the hotel staff the Turks along the strip and along the sea front were so opposite, very friendly always wanting to chat to you. Turkey is a beautiful place so don't be put off by this review but please don't fall foul off this hotel as its shocking in everyway, I must say us Brits have a stiff upper lip and it didn't spoil our holiday it just made us more determined to enjoy it.
AVOID this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Overall this hotel is clean and tidy but not 5 star found it difficult to find a member of staff who spoke good english. The night entertainment was poor and the guard who works on the beach followed my mrs up towards the toilets which is down a quite alley he tapped her on the shoulder and said you English.? I would like a pen pal to write to to learn extra English give me your name and address he replied . She was scared and said go and ask my partner who I am sat with in the bar and quickly walked off into the toilet alley way only to find another guard hanging about being scared she locked her self in the disabled toilet for 5 mins . She then came back and told me but he was no where to be seen . So we left to go back to the room and he appears in the same alley way approached me and said don't be angry I ask your wife to be my friend I just want to learn better English . I said you seem to speak good English to me again asked for the address to write to. If he had wanted to ask why didn't he come over to us both when we had been sat in the bar all night ? It really peed me off there supposed to make you feel safe not try it on. We defiantly won't be going back there.

Room Tip: You get what your given at this hotel not what you ask for
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed there fie a week in July 2013m, the hotel is very clean, the rooms are clean but basic, the food is ok but with us being vegetarian it is difficult, the gym is poor, but the spa is fantastic Adem and his staff were amazing along with all the other staff, I woul definately stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were at the royal asarlik beach hotel from the 13th-27th june, we are repeat guests not too sure how many times we have stayed at this hotel now but it is over fifteen.
I will start with this years changes as I saw them, there is now a pattisserie that opens from 11oclock - 5.00pm it is situated in the relaxation area, now I have a sweet tooth so the waffles and ice cream went down a treat not to mention the cakes also found the coffee there a very good standard.
The ala-carte restaurants, chinese ,turkish, italian, and fish, we tried them all, the biggest change was the italian, greatly improved as in previous years it was not for us but this year the menu had been changed and in our opinion for the better. If you like fish Its excellent, this was our personall favorite although all are now good.
The drinks, they are local drinks and in our stay this was highlighted to management that they were not so good, to our knowledge they were going to change thier suppliers, now we like a gin and tonic, the tonic tasted like soda water , this we highlighted and the tonic was then changed to shweppes tonic.
The snack bar by the relaxation pool, serves omellettes, and burger and chips, a range of salads and fresh fruit and its right next to the bar.
By the 24 hour bar on the beach front snacks are also served, this was helpful when sat on the beach and just didnt want to get changed or move too far.
Upstairs in the main restaurant, serve breakfast, lunch and evening meal, we tended to have lunch there more often than not just to get out of the sun, there was always a good choice.
On the beachfront on the relaxation pool there is also a bar not to sure what drinks they serve there as I usually stopped off there to sit in some shade and have a coffee.
We noticed a hotdog stand just up from the beach but think that must of been the only thing we didnt try! Not sure if this was a trial or permanent thing.
The staff, there are a lot of new staff and I must say we found them all to be very nice and helpful, however it was nice to see familiar faces like Arzu guest relations, Ismail and Volkan on the front desk and of course Hasan. There is a new manager Orhan, he is the new manager but not new to the Asarlik.
Cannot comment on the entertainment team as we often ventured out in the evening.
For those of you who like a good steak, we eat at the minstrel or the columbia, both very good , and prices very reasonable it worked out approx £11 a head and that was including drinks, approx a ten min walk from the hotel along the beachfront.
Now we heard as you always do people complaining about something or other, if you have a problem tell them. There is a guest relations manager there and she is there to help you no matter how big or small it seems, and over the years we have seen her a few times her name is Arzu. Because we are repeat guests we also get things we dont like and tell them if they dont know they cannot help. To date we have always found everyone very helpful.
We enjoyed are holiday very much, the staff were helpful and polite, the food was good, the weather fantastic, our room was always cleaned to a high standard and fridge stocked daily with water. Altogether a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday and cannot wait to return in September.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
North Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed from 10-25th June. This was our second visit to Royal Asarlik. Unfortunately, this year the hotel is under new management and the standard was not as good as our first time in 2012. We paid for superior rooms with sea views. Unfortunately, you would have had to be 7 feet tall to have seen the sea. Very disappointing. Reception staff were not bothered at all.. They offered 2 other rooms which were worse than the original. hey ho we stayed put. As for the food, excellent, compliments to the chef!! Choices were superb.
The staff at the relax pool /cocktail bar were great especially "Steven Seagal" aka Sky, pity about the cocktails lol. The cleaneers are fantastic, so polite and helpful. You really can't fault the cleanliness of this hotel.
The real let down this year was the entertainment/ animation. They didn't seem to want to interact with the guests at all, they did their best, however, I would definitely advise the management to bring back ALEX and his team, they are very professional and gave us some great shows.
Will we go back, maybe, but not next year. We are taking our second trip to the WOW Bodrum which is a definite 5 star experience. Come on Royal Asarlik, pull your socks up and get get back to the standard you held in 2012.

Room Tip: Don't book standard rooms in Hotel, below standard quality. pay a little extra and book Superior...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have to say that, we had in generaly god time ,but in the beginning we had to fight for a 5 star room, we get first day a 3 stars room, because I think part of the hotel is from 1980 ,
thinks which I did not liked

1. plenty glasses around of swimming pool, and drunk costumers .I think they dont understand how it can be dangerous for people.
2. ""hygiene"", dirty glasses, plates, forks, spoons, very terrible.
3. the beach ,, is also not clean enough.
4.the guy from massage saloon , he is realy very impolite.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Royal Asarlik Beach? Share your experiences!