We have just enjoyed a nice week at the Rotal Asarlik Hotel. I have to say of all my holidays and trips this overall this does rank as one of the best although there is plenty of room for improvement at this hotel.
On arrival at Bodrum airport the security and passport control was efficient but the baggage seemed to take an age to arrive.
We found our Thomas Cook rep easily and the transfer to the Hotel was pleasant.
On arrival at the hotel the check in was good and swift and we were shown to our room by porters. Our deluxe room was bungalow which had a lounge area, private shower room and good air conditioning which worked well. The room was clean and made up each day by the maid.
The hotel is not ideal for disabled as it is built on the side of a hill overlooking Bodrum Bay giving spectacular views. However the large amount of steep steps would definitely be a problem for the disabled or persons with painful joints.
The swimming pools and lawned areas were lovely as was the beach and swimming in the sea was safe and pleasant. Sunbeds although not plentiful were generally available and free which is a major plus on anybody’s holiday.
Free WiFi was available in the Chinese bar and reception.
We both had a Turkish bath which was fantastic and fairly priced. As were all the beauty treatments we had.
The hotel need to improve the food as although you would not starve to death the food was not the best. The choice was poor and quality was below what I expected. Breakfast was especially disappointing and falls a long way short if you like a good old English breakfast. Hot held food was luke warm at best. Finding a table in the evenings was always difficult and the queue’s for the hot griddle food were unacceptably long. Even finding milk for a cup of tea was a struggle. The pool bars were no better.
Drinks in the hotel bars were plentiful and the all-inclusive continued in the early hours. The bars never seem to close as the service was generally very good.
The entertainment was very poor and I have had a lot better in other hotels. The constant drum and base music was enough to send you crackers and was not acceptable in a family hotel and was more fitting to a young 18 -30 crowd. The DJ is well out of touch with his environment and would be better working in one of the many night clubs.
Our transfer back to the airport was on time and good as was the efficiency of the airport staff. Although all shops in Bodrum and the airport take any currency you are much better paying in local TL. We did pay over the top at the Wok&Co in departures as we paid in GBP but the meal was very good.
Would I go back to the Royal Asarlik? Probably not but I would definitely return to Turkey but take a better hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Asarlik Beach Gumbet
- Asarlik Beach Hotel
- Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel
- Royal Asarlik
- Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel Gumbet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of " away from noise but close to the fun " it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of "away from noise but close to the fun" it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. 7 days a week the animation team will liven up the guests' holiday with daytime activities, shows, competitions, sketches and special themed show night. 4-12 aged mini club is waiting their children. Water sport possibility on the beach. The guests will definitely find something fitting to their enjoy. In a 6 story main building there are 353 rooms. Modern and classic style decorated rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, safe box, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Olotels, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Royal Asarlik Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.