Great hotel that gives you everything you need, very fit for purpose. Importantly the hotel is very clean and all the staff are helpful. Having spoken to other people on tours it really seems like this is the best hotel in the area.
I would agree, as everyone else has said it’s not really a 5 star and doesn’t have that extra wow factor and there are also down sides to it, such as the food wasn’t great, limited often repetitive selection that was often not that hot. Brilliant views from the rooftop restaurant across the bay though. The al’acarte restaurants were great, definitely worth a visit.
During our first couple of days it was stormy, and the hotel really isn’t set up for this weather, especially with very little inside dinning space. There were also sand bags everywhere, which being a wheelchair user didn’t make it easy. To give the staff and local people of Gumbet credit though they quickly got the resort back to normal afterwards.
The bars were good, great selection and very friendly and mischievous bar staff always up a laugh. The general entertainment was lacking and not really worth bothering with in our experience, though you can always head out of the hotel where there is plenty going on.
The hotel is in an excellent location right on the beach front of Gumbet and within easy access to Bodrum 30 min walk (though it is a big hill) or a quick ride on the bus.
The rooms were nice, nothing special but did the job nicely. I think it depends what room you have, we only had a basic room but were still happy. Our shower did leak and we did talk to reception about it, but in the end decided to stick with the room.
Don’t book your tours through the rep, they will severely rip you off like we were. There is a little tour operator opposite the hotel which offers far better deals.
Overall brilliant staff and location, very clean, a good hotel. Had a great week and would definitely recommend it to others!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of " away from noise but close to the fun " it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of "away from noise but close to the fun" it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. 7 Days a week the animation team will liven up the guests' holiday with daytime activities, shows, competitions, sketches and special themed show night. 4-12 Aged mini club is waiting their children. Water sport possibility on the beach. The guests will definitely find something fitting to their enjoy. In a 6 story main building there are 353 rooms. Modern and classic style decorated rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, safe box, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Asarlik Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Asarlik Beach Gumbet
- Asarlik Beach Hotel
- Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel Gumbet