“very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 116 Hotels in Gumbet
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
“very good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

arrived here on 20th of aug 2012. brilliant family that own it, grace is just lovely:) rooms are basic but were VERY clean and i never had a problem at all! right in the centre of everything and the pool area was brilliant. no complaints at all!! £20 english money to keep the room on till 8oclock at night!. would recommend to any young people wanting somewhere cheap and central location.

Room Tip: i stayed in room 209! air con worked well .. and ALWAYSSS!!!!! get a saftey deposit box!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here with 2 other girls in the middle of August and was dreading it after reading all the bad reviews on here!
Got there Monday night and it was dead :| our rep asured us that everyone arrives on a Monday and we was the first.
The rooms are very basic but to be fair when your on holiday you dont spend that much time in them! There was aircon available for a decent price and they was very clean! If anything the bathroom was the worst but was clean!!! You really can have a [--] and a shower at the same time! The temperature of the shower was a pain to get right aswell. Didnt really pay notice to when the maids came to clean but it must have been atleast every other day because the towels where always clean etc.
The atmosphere around the pool is great too! Young and lively but not too much if your suffering from a horrid hangover! I'm a massive lover of music but even for me the music was too loud sometimes but nothing to complain about! There are plenty of sun loungers and shaded areas along with bean bags to chill on :)
The bar isnt a bad price either, it was something like 7 lira for a bottle of Efes (their local beer) and the food was nice aswell and again not too expensive! We ate in the hotel most nights because we couldnt be bothered moving from the pool.
The hotel is family run and is just nice to be at! My birthday was on 1 of the days so there was a pool party and the old lady that owns/ works there gave me a hug and sang happy birthday to me :)
To be honest we paid £250 for a week, including our flights, and for that price you can not moan at this hotel or Gumbet!
Being blonde I was dreading the Turkish men but aslong as you dont dress half naked and dont lead them on then they are fine!
I would stay at this hotel again without a doubt!

O and another thing!!! I didnt see one insect whilst at the hotel! I expected to see coackroaches and stuff but didnt :)

southampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I am not writing this review to complain, just to say how me and my 5 other friends found it. firstly just to point out that there was nothing initially wrong with the hotel itself, just a few things we found odd considering we were on an 18-30s holiday with completely different expectations. 6 of us girls stayed here for a week at the end Of August.

I will start with the good points. The staff were friendly enough towards the end of the week, and was clean and looked after enough. The location was brilliant literally a minutes walk to the bar strip and everything else. Also we liked that our two rooms were put next to each other and were spacious enough for us. For this we cant complain, but for other reasons i think we have a right to.

Now to the negatives. considering again we were on a club 18-30 holiday with a club 18-30 hotel we thought it would be lively enough to cope with groups and a party atmosphere. Now i know it says food and drink aren't allowed into the hotel , but we didn't realise how much of an issue this could be until we got there. It states itself as a hotel but i am sorry it most definitely is not!! the breakfast was really hardly worth mentioning and the hotel should be self catering. I am sorry but its true. The food and drink there was more overpriced than the resort itself which is not good for young groups. So of course we will buy alcohol to sneak in, we are students on a clubbing holiday after all. well after pre drinking on the first main night there was a power cut which meant the staff went into our rooms at night and took back all our duty free alcohol, one of which was in my friends bag. we tried to argue it back at reception and it was not handled well at all, fair enough it was late and my friend was rowdy but i think most people in our situation would have been. And the club 18-30s rep was drunk and was arguing with my friend rather that sort it out. 5 Minutes later we heard him being violently sick in his room which was next to us. We were also complained about for being loud at like half 10 or 11 and told to be quiet. we just do not understand why this hotel is part of 18-30 at all!! Also there was a group of lads who got really drunk and ran around the pool late ant night half naked etc...and the turkish staff really layed into him. Of course they were wrong for doing it but i think like us, they assumed it would all just be a laugh with the hotel. In the end they said we could have our alcohol back one at a time but had to drink it on the beach??. Well we found other ways to get in in the hotel so that was lucky for us. Also although the maids came everyday they did not change the sheets, as the mark i made 3 nights before was still on when we left. But this was not a big problem to be honest as we barley remember falling asleep most nights.

All in all we still had a brilliant holiday and the weather and resort we could not complain about at all!!...just we would have had no issues with the hotel if we were not on a clubbing holiday which is it part of. Maybe they should rethink this. Oh and in all fairness the air con if well worth the money as it kept us cool all week.

Room Tip: Go for the air con! and lock your alcohol away at night!! power cut are ''regular' at th...
Burntisland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

5 female friends and I aged between 20-30 have just returned from a 1 week holiday. I have to say after reading the reviews I was a little apprehensive about the hotel. I am happy to say we were pleasantly surprised on arrival. The hotel is family run with very friendly people, the rooms are cleaned daily with fresh towels and you have a great pool area to either chill or have a few cocktails at the bar. There is music from morning till night which is varied and up to date house and dance music. There is a very basic continental breakfast (if you make it out of bed by 10am). You can ask for toast if you want it. The hotel is only a few minutes walk from the main bar street area so not far to get home at night. You are offered various excursions through 18-30 which do appear to be pretty pricey so you may want to mull it over before commiting. The boat party is very good if you want to catch some rays and ride a camel!! Air conditioning is definately a must and a steal for 70tl (Turkish Lira) per week. Your money is also very safe in the office safes as you keep one key and the additional master key is used to open together. 35tl for 1 week.

This was our first holiday together within the girl group with the varying ages and we had a ball!! If you are going down Bar Street you can save 2-3tl per drink with the bands that the Reps give you. You pay 1/4 of the price for ciders and beer than you do for international spirits (Bacardi, Jack Daniels etc). The discount booklet (from the Rep)is also good for meals as you can get a 15% discount.

The only downsides for the Hotel are that with it being B&B you cannot take in your own drink or food. You can have food in the hotel or drink from the bar so not a huge issue but good to know. There aren't many plug sockets in some rooms so the girls may want to take a double adaptor if you are sharing for hair dyers etc. Beware of the bathroom tap...they can get very hot!

Eating out: China Town and Windy Bay resturant are a MUST. Great food, swift service, welcoming, chilled and friendly staff....all at a fantastic price!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Ive stayed here a few times and have booked again... After reading all the bad reviews i thought id write my own, as these people are clearly lying or over exaggerating.
- the rooms are very clean. Cleaned often.
-the pool/area is clean and comfy.
-fantastic location.
-the family who run it are lovely. The barely speak english, so do not have the language to be rude.

-i nor anyone i met has ever seen, cocroaches or experienced power cuts or poor standard rooms.

-theres a gym, pool table, table tennis, darts all in a two start hotel.

- and yes u do have to be quiet at 4am, primarily because you have to respect their religion. Youre in turkey not bennidorm.

- theres music all day and a great atmosphere round the pool.

-yes you will pay 10lira for a burger and chips...but bear in mind thats about £3.50.

Overall its a very clean (infact turks are a bit obsessively clean) basic hotel, exactly what you pay for. If you want a clean room, lovely pool,close to everything this hotel is absolutely petfect.

• Stayed July 2012
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Just booked this bnb hotel for a last minute break to Gumbet.You get what yoiu paid for and this room was very basic. Beds comfortable ,shower not got good pressure or temp control,air con v good,hoovered daily,towels every second day if u remember to put them out and bed changed every 3rd day.Location excellent close to all the good places to eat and drink!!
(Matt the pool boy was excellent too.)

My only big issue with this hotel was the policy of not allowing people to being in external food/drinks .Theres only so many chicken wraps/chips I could eat in one week and at 5tl for a glass of juice and 3 lira for a hottle of water. I prefered to get a bottle of juice for for 3.5 lira and water for 1.25 lira however did have to sneak it in every time!!
If you brought in and opened your duty free you had to hide it or the maids disposed of it. I didnt agree wit this at all. I want to open my duty free in my room and have a tipple every night and not have to worry about hididng bottles and glasses.
I did witness an unopened bottle of lemonade being brought out of a room from a maid and being put in the fridge for resale!!! Come on hotel can thats a bit cheeky.
Also the hotel is advertised as a lively hotel suitable for young ppl,however as a club 18-30 hiolidaymaker I felt this hotel was unsuitable as it seemed to contradict the very essence of a 18-30 holiday most of the time .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Stalybr
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Me and 3 other friends (all aged 18) stayed here at the end of June and we dreaded the hotel after reading the reviews on here. When we got there we couldn't have been more happy! The staff are very pleasant and helpful! Especially Matt (you'd swear he were English, he speaks better English than most English people!). The rooms were just basic but that's all you need on a Club 18-30s holiday. Clean bed, clean bathroom... what more could you want? The cleaners cleaned the rooms everyday which I thought we were great. The only problem I did have is that our room didn't have air conditioning (room 219) but in the end we didn't feel the need to have it anyway. The pool area is great, very clean too. There's a diving board about 1 metre high which is great fun and a surfing board floating around in the pool. The bar is priced reasonably well for drinks and food alike. They make the best omelets ever! The hotel is in a fantastic location... about 5 minutes from the beach and 1 minute from bar street. Even though it is so close to the bars you don't seem to hear too much noise. My biggest problem with the hotel is that they are very adamant about not allowing you to bring food/drink back into the hotel. There is free pool and table tennis as well as a PS3 with FIFA 10 (slightly out dated). Check out time is 12:00 but for £20 you can extend this to 20:00. The breakfast didn't look to great so we went out for full Englishs. There's a restaurant on bar street that makes a good breakfast for £2/5TL. On bar street at night I recommend The Temple Bar which plays the best music by far and has a great atmosphere! You can get hold of a wristband for Temple Bar, this will cost you 15TL but will get you 4TL off every drink for your whole holiday, so definitely worth it. Overall... For the money you can't expect 5* luxuries but good value for money! We had a fantastic holiday so you will too!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Can Hotel? Share your experiences!