“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 116 Hotels in Gumbet
London, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I visited Shark Club at the end of May 2013. It's in a great location, food is ok, wifi throughout the hotel, the animation team were very friendly and the reception staff were very helpful.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel when staying in Gumbet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I visited Club Shark Hotel on the 8th July 2013 for a week with one of my best friends.
We booked it as a last minute holiday with only just 4 days to pack and go. But before I booked I did my research.. And I have to say it is exactly what everyone is saying it is...

LOCATION: Very good! Literally 2min walk to the nearest off license, bus stop & taxi rank. "Bar Street" is about 3/4min walk where all the nightlife is.. (Although if you wanted to stay in the noise will not affect you)

ROOMS: Very Clean & Modern (we stayed in 228 with a pool view... Do be aware that its a shared balcony with about 5/6 maybe more people.. So you'd be seeing other people's underwear and bikinis thrown on the chairs and tables). Room had a refrigerator however if you brought your own drinks and were out during the day the drinks would get warm as there would be no power once you removed your card key. Our maid was a bit of a weird one... She stopped cleaning our room 2 days before we left and when we requested it she only emptied the bin in the bathroom.

BUFFET: Well let's just say it is very Basic.. They have the boiled eggs, salad, bread, water for breakfast... The salad potatoes, chips, nuggets, turkey, vegetables for lunch and BBQ chicken breast skewers for dinner. There are burgers and chips in the afternoon so you will never starve but I chose to eat out... It's 5 TL for a full English. Also try The windmill you won't miss it when you come out.

POOL: I'm not a swimmer so I didn't get in the pool (and thank god for that cause its one height all the way through) the sun chairs are taken from about 7:30am... Everyone places their towels to claim their spot so if you want to tan then make sure you get up early cause there aren't a lot of them.

Overall it was a great place to stay.. The front of house were very nice and helpful. If you need wi if then don't count on the hotel cause it took me 100 attempts before I could connect. It connects and disconnects on both my iPhone and iPad but I suppose it's cause everyone is trying to use it all at once. If they did a bed and breakfast or half board then I'd definitely go back but if its your first time in Gumbet you'd be more than pleased and comfortable here.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

thought this hotel was great ,they look after it very well all they do is clean n also the maids very trust worthy it is in a good location top of bar street although thats not for me i enjoyed staying in the hotel at nite the food is the same all over turkey its chicken so dont go allinclusive if u want mince n tatties r steak pie go self catering n try cook that in 35dgs the hotel dosent cater for kids although they do try there best go to cocunut beach the mini bus runs u from the hotel free n picks u up again really a great day so chilled out there also a mcdonalds if u want that delivers to the hotel nothing inpossible in turkey just ask n they will do there best to help you market best for fake goods if u go to bar st ule just be stressed out with them thats the only thing that i can say thats negitive around the hotel n thats nothing to do with hotel it just the turkish love our money n want us to buy buy

Room Tip: the rooms owith numbers 201 upwards is on the ground facing a white wall best rms are starting with...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The shark is rated 4 star which is perfect I have never everstayed in such a brilliantly clean hotel in my life.. The staff are super friendly and really welcoming. Turkish bath is the best boys are lovely so welcoming, went to one outside and I walked out as soo unhygienic. The only down fall to this hotel was the food very bland and repetitive lived off of bread all week. And the entertainment could of been a lot better... The animation seem to pick one person and chat to them the whole time... reception were perfectly helpful had broken fridge within the day we had a brand new one.. Would go back in a heart beat xx

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Cannot fault this hotel at all
Went with my friend end of June for 11 nights.
Rooms are spotless and modern
Cleaned every day all you see is hotel being cleaned.
Pool area is good to lie and top up your tan need to get a bed early though.
Food is repeated but you would not starve and it tastes half decent.Peters place is great if you want to try something different and go out the food is fresh and great size portions well presented.
Staff are lovely especially Ali and Ozzy from Turkish bath cannot recommend this more but best to get the first couple of days of being there they don't pressure you into buying it which I found with some of the others and you get a great laugh with them also Marshall that works behind the bar.

• Stayed June 2013
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at Club Shark for 2 weeks (4th July - 18th July) with my boyfriend and our friends which were also a couple. The hotel was lovely and clean and the staff were all lovely! The hotel Is in the perfect place and right in the centre of everything! Its a 2 minute walk away from the shops, restaurant's and night life (you can't hear any of the music at night from the clubs) and a 5-10 minute walk from the beach. The pool is a nice heat, not too hot not too cold and is lovely to dip your feet in when it gets too hot! The food was fairly repetitive but there was always something I could eat and never went hungry, its not as bad as people have been saying it is. Half way through the holiday the entertainment team got changed, the first entertainment team weren't really that good, they didn't get too involved with anyone and they just seemed as thought they wanted to go out and get drunk at night. The second entertainment team were better, they got more involved with everyone although the entertainment still wasn't brilliant but that didn't effect the holiday at all and I still think the hotel was really good! There's lots to do around Gumbet which made up for the entertainment team not being amazing (if you want to have a good chat with some of the staff the photographers are lovely and friendly). Just to warn anyone who is traveling with Thomson the rep is rubbish! He never even checked too see how our holiday was going, we booked a trip called Gumbet blitz with him and he told us he'd let us know nearer the time if the trip would be on, he never came to find us to let us know and he kept our money! He also overcharged us by about 100 lira on day trips so if anyone books your trips with Thomson I would recommend paying in English so he doesn't rip you off too! Overall the holiday was brilliant and the hotel was lovely and If I were to go back Gumbet then I would defiantly consider staying at Club Shark again :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

having been to gumbet on 3 occaisions i can gladly say that this was the cleanest and had the nicest atmosphere of the lot!!!! one thing i will say is food is a bit samey but as we were so close to all the restaraunts we ate out a bit but definately can say this hotel is value for money..... the staff are so helpful and friendly and would definately reccommend this hotel to our friends :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Shark Club? Share your experiences!