“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa

You added Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sapli Koyu Golturkbuku Mugla, Golturkbuku 48452, Turkey   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Golturkbuku
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Hilton Turbuku Resort is one of the most beautiful places that I have stayed at. The views from the hotel were breathtaking. Staff were always obliging to help, although language was sometimes a barrier. The facilities at the hotel were very good, and the heated pools were activated on request. Rooms were spacious, well kept and had the most stunning views. There was always a wide selection of food available during all meals. A most memorable vacation, at one of the most picturesque places I have visited!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool area are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hiltonbodrum, General Manager at Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear R.Jesseca,

Thank you for your wonderful review and we are all delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was very pleased with the hotel and the reviews and surroundings of the hotel were very warm n comforting. The staff was very polite n services was quick special thanks to the entertainers sinan kilic was a lot of help and has a very good sense of humour he made our stay more memorable he informed us of all the entertainment on the nights we stayed our son had alot of fun playing football with sinan and dogukan ozuak dogukan Ozuak and nil gun basaran also were great help and very polite. We will definitely visit the resort again.

• Stayed October 2012
LeventSuyolcuoglu, General Manager at Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your satisfaction. Your comments have been proudly shared with the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at this lovely resort for 5 days during September 2012. I chose that time of the year since there are not many people on the Turkish Riviera. Man o man, it was a great choice.
The great food, great service, nicest view and all the comfort that you can get from a room.
on top of it, the baby stayed for free.
The beach is amazing. The sea here is wonderful.
I rented a car and it was a good decision since there is a lot of parking available and taxis are a big time rip of in Bodrum region.
It was a nice drive from the Bodrum Milas International Airport. In about 35 minutes, I made it to the resort.
There are 5 things that I want to point out.
1. meet and greet: The ladies at the reception should teach how to smile to the customer to the rest of Turkish tourism industry. Meeet and greet and ease of check-in beats your 5 star hotel average.
2. the food: Turkey and Turkish Cuisine is very rich. They had 10 kinds of honey. 20 kinds of cheese, etc. nothing was held back. on the note, I went down to the kitchen around 11 pm to get some milk for my 3 year old. They brought a fresh cartoon of milk opened it up in front of me and filled up her milk bottle. I did not get that at Dreams in Puerta Aventuras Mexico...
3. bees: I hate them man!!! They are everywhere. But these guys found a way to keep them away. They burn some charcoal and coffee. The smell keeps them away. Geniuses @ work.
4. waiting staff: even though it was the end of season and the core staff apparently departed, these guys try hard and served well.
5.wi-fi: since I was on vacation and did not want to be on the internet much, I did not care for it until last day. They provided me a temporary code for the PCs in business center. I was pleased. But please, bump up the system to the 21st century. Even 2 stars hotels offer free and fast wi-fi. asking 10 euro a day is a highway robbery for a resort like this.

Room Tip: # 8000 rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
LeventSuyolcuoglu, General Manager at Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you for a great detailed review. It was a pleasure and honor to read your post. It has been shared with the entire team as a nice motivation tool. Although we are not in the position to interfere with the prices of the internet service provider, we will surely share you comments with them. We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.
Levent Suyolcuoğlu
kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

hotel rooms large with bathrobes and slippers free water daily.fantastic bathroom walkin shower.stunning location ideal for quiet week away.remote so not for those looking for activity at night.food is great with lots of variety daily.staff were helpful even let us keep our room until 5pm on last day.watersports fantastic although a bit expensive.beach small but lovely plenty sunbeds on decking area ideal place to swim in the crystal clear waters will be back to all inclusive for 2013

Room Tip: higher rooms will get a seaview
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback and satisfaction. It is a great pleasure to learn that you have had an enjoyable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back next summer.
Levent Suyolcuoğlu
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

In terms of the size of the hotel room and service, the hotel is very good. We felt like home in the room, spotless clean. We had a small balcony with seaview. The hallways are too long, therefore we asked them to change our room. The reception area was helpful to find a closer room to the lift. You need to take a lift to go to the beach. Our room was in the reception floor which they call it business floor or something. The view was not great because you also see the roof of the front building along with the sea. The construction is ugly and cement big building which kills the landscape of Bodrum. Hilton is the current management company. Previously this hotel was known as Iber Hotel than Princess Hotel. Despite fact that the hotel was overbooked, the service and the food did not have negative impact. The beach is the best turquoise water that I have seen in the world. I have seen many summer destinations in the world and this place is exceptionally gorgeous. You can swim long distance with fish in turquoise water, very fresh...The beach area is packed. Families with small children prefer under the pine trees area and they sit next to each other. We stayed at the beach area which was nicer. However, it is difficult to find a longchair at 11am. They serve light lunch near the beach so you do not need to go back to the hotel building. Fresh salad bar was my favorite during the dinners. Plenty of choices...Shortly, the quality of hotel and water are very good. I prefer to go there in September or October. Looking for a longchair is a pain in the neck under the hot sunny weather. Hilton has the best beach in Bodrum, it is called Heaven Cove. It is truly right. I have done boat tours around Turkish coast and this is the best Cove. Water slides are great for the kids. Pool and bar area are located in downstairs then you need to walk a distance to the beach. Caddy cars are available for older people and families for the beach.

Room Tip: No need to pay extra for the seaview. Seeing the roof of the buildings are not great along with the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LeventSuyolcuoglu, General Manager at Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you very much for your post. We are delighted to read your nice comments about your experience. We regret to learn of the inconvenience you have experienced about finding chaiselounges due to the limited capacity of our exclusive natural bay. We would like to inform you that although it is not allowed in the rest of the areas; the Beach Club is the only area for our guests to reserve chaiselounges.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We spent a week at the Hilton at the end of September. We trusted the Hilton standards to meet our expectations and they did.
The location and scenery are just beautiful. The lobby is stunning and offers an incredible view on the beach and surrounding islands through a series of glass doors with an adjoining terrace.
There are several swimming pools and the beach features a small inlet and decks towards the deeper part of the sea. Water and beach are very clean.
Accommodation: We had booked a standard room which was just fine. It was well furnished; it looked bran new, was very comfortable and always very clean. We were pleasantly surprised to have an amazing view on the sea and islands.
The food was also an everyday treat! There is a wide range of tasty dishes and a variety of delicious deserts suiting all tastes and needs. They even put up a stand with diet food, special dishes for children and diabetics!
There is an indoor dining room and a terrace with the same beautiful sea view. The waiters are all very friendly and welcoming and despite the fact that most of them only speak Turkish we always found a way to understand each other. Special high five to Mesut and Rauf who were just lovely and so helpful!
We loved the fully equipped Gym facing on to the open sea and open 24/7. It also has a spa (that we didn’t try though) and a very nice indoor pool.
Entertainment was fun even though it was the low season, they had groups coming in every night for live music and the entertainment team always did its best. Many thanks to Sinan andDoğukan!
In short, we enjoyed a real five star atmosphere as opposed to many other hotels in Turkey. The hotel staff makes every effort and they pay special attention to details.
We are quite demanding clients and we tend to compare the places we visit to amazing luxury hotels in Maldives and Seychelles that we enjoyed so much. I highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be coming back next summer!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to share your valuable comments. It is a great pleasure to learn that your have enjoyed your stay. We have shared your detailed review with the team. The language barrier will surely be addressed during next summer training and recruitment planning.
We will be delighted to welcome you back next year for an even more enjoyable stay.
Crowthorne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My family & I (2 children 6 & 5) stayed in this property for 10 days in July 2012. I had visited this propoerty prior to its refurbishmnt a couple of years ago back so knew it was relatively good but was interested to see how it had changed.

I have to say the stay was way beyond my expectations. From the moment I booked this full board plus holiday, an airport pickup, etc the stay was pretty much faultless.

Accomodation - We had a larger room which slept the 2 kids on sofas and a king bed for us. It was adequate. Water, which is always a moan, was always replenished free of charge and the internet was also free. (I am a Hilton Honors Gold which may have helped)

Food - The food offering was exceptional, even with 2 young children that eat most things food can be a challenge. We never had any issues as the selection at breakfast, lunch and dinner was extensive, fresh and catered for all tastes. I cannot state enough how good and how great the selection of food there was.

Pools/Beach - Most people clambered for the beach and the sun decks adjacent to the beach. As my children are white haired, faired skinned the heat can be a challenge. Our strategy is always to get up late, there was a small indoor pool which is part of the Spa which we used whilst the sun was at its highest. In 10 days we never shared this with anyone else!! We would then move to one of the outdoor leisure pools, again completely underused. It was perfect. Heaven for the kids was just then 10m away - 4 water slides - who could ask for anything more .....well actually then free ice creams all day long....down to the private beach for tea and cakes and then an hour or so at the end of the day on the beach itself. From my childrens point of view this was heaven spent time with their parents, no ski school, no kids club, etc, etc.

Kids Club - Having implied my children do not like the thought of kids club this Kids Club could have changed everything. I have never seen such excellent staff in the club Si & the other staff deserve medals. Our kids begged to go to the club during the day on one occasion even saying I could go Scuba diving with their blessing (you can see who's in chanrge!). These guys would 'pickup' the children from dinner and take them to the small outdoor amphitheatre where they would have a kids disco. Parent has a little time to themselves at the end of dinner then joined their children, it was great fun. After the mini disco there was a family show. One small moan here in that the African Show on one day was followed by a Mongolian Show the next. There was little or no difference in the content of these shows to the point my 6 year old commented!!!!

All in all the kids club and its staff were fantastic!!!!

After the shows in the amphitheatre, there was always live entertainment by the pool/bar either music, water ballet, etc, etc. Very relaxing and very enjoyable.

This year accomodation was offered on a full board plus basis. This was accomodation, all food and then drink only with meals i.e. beer, wine, local. This was great.

The only issue was with the drinks at the pool bar. Day one I asked for 2 mojitos, we recieved soda water with mint as I can tell you there was little or no rum, it was terrible, this was then followed up by a request for a Long Island Iced Tea ......the glass this came in was small it was not capable of holding all of the receipe for a Long Island (I worked for TGI Fridays in a previous life I know!!)....so in the end i spent my time drink the local neat Raki and beer......the drinks especially around the pool in the evening was very poor the bar staff need training.

One final annoyance, it was windy at times, there were free cakes and tea at 4pm ....this was taken adjacent to the beach, tables laid out with cakes, turkish, tea ......and plastic plates, napkins, etc ......plates and napkins that constantly were blowing into the sea, that could been seen on the surface and the botton for hundreds of yards, how on earth the staff allowed the wind to litter the sea so badly was byond me. It was a disgrace. As I diver I also know what damage this does.

So, whilst I have put excellent, because actaully overall for us the experience was, but there are some small ponts to note and one of those was the drinks.....in particular the drinks at the pool bar.......this should however go away as I understand this hotel is going back to All Inclusive next year.

Staff Kids Club - Top shelf, fantastic!!

Staff Restaurant - lovely lady, had ou drink waiting for us, always beautiful with the children, great fun.

Pools/Beach - 1 indoor, 2 big leisure with 2 paddling pools, 1 (25m) outdoor, 4 water slides, beach .....doesn't get much better.

Food - Outstanding selection, variety, etc.

Rooms - adequate, clean, etc

Maybe see you all again some time,

Peter, Jo, Jorja & William

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for a detailed review. It is a great pleasure and an honor to receive such comments from a valued guest like yourself. As you have stated our hotel will switch to All Inclusive next summer. Your concerns about the bar service have been communicated with related department heads to be addressed accordinglty. We would like to ensure you that the sea is constantly cleaned by our team however the liter issue during cookie time has been taken into our agenda to look for alternatives.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.
Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!