I was checking some hotels for this summer's vacation planning and was amazed to see Antik Zeytin here! They were not listed here last year and I did stop to think if this is one of those places that you want to keep as a secret to your circle of friends. The only reason why I am writing this review is because I believe they deserve a 5 -star review and simply they can't go wrong!
Why? There are only a handful number of rooms (can't remember the exact number now) and the place can't be overcrowded.
We've been at Antik Zeytin twice over the past two years even if I belong with the group of people who get bored easily and I believe my scarce free time should be spent by always discovering new places. We were once on our own ( my husband & my 8 year old son at the time) Then we were back again last year this time with two more couples.
What did I like?
-The tranquility of the setting and the great view,
- Each visit was full of new places to discover, new things to see, especially on the boat tour,
-The breakfasts ( I mean, really, they are super yummy, with great cheese, great green and black Aegean olives, yummy omelettes, home made jam, organic or home grown tomatoes and you name it, we even once tasted home made bread but I don't know if they have it every day) - If you let them know in advance in the morning, you will also enjoy a delicious dinner in the evening,
-yes, more about the boat tour because you can't believe your eyes when you realize this is for free for hotel guests! The father of the young, handsome hotel manager is a great captain and will take you to the secret corners with perfectly clean water great for swimming! and this becomes a lovely tour of Bodrum, too, with suberp sandwiches or Turkish borek on board, did I mention the charming personality of the captain and the hotel manager if you want to chat along, too
-The family run ownership and detail oriented service
- The big pool with the olive tree in the middle
- The kittens and the ducks that were there the first time but the second year we only saw the dog
Also remember that the hotel is not on the beach but Bodrum beaches are over crowded and frankly we were very happy with the great scenery, the boat tours and the great pool.
The hotel manages a transfer from and to the airport for you and help you rent a car, too, if you want to go around or drive for 5 minutes to the nearby beach.
Probably not the most suitable address for young children but my son enjoyed it very much.
And yes, they also have that big wooden antique table for all hotel guests to gather around which becomes fun at times!
Recommended if you want a perfect summer getaway and want to listen to the crickets and enjoy the serene view of the bay at night.
- Also Known As:
- Antik Zeytin Hotel & Art Turkey/Golturkbuku
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-Winning Nature friendly Hotel in Bodrum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Antik Zeytin Hotel & Art reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.