“Fantastic wee restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Lanark, United Kingdom
“Fantastic wee restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We visited this restaurant on our last night in Bitez and wished we had went at the start as we loved it. There was 6 of us and we all had the meat and cheese platter to start which was really special the meat and cheese complimented each other along with apple walnuts figs etc We all had a steak which was cooked to perfection by the owner who gave us great advice on all the steaks he had and superb wine The service was excellent and all the waiters were very friendly and helpful to finish the meal we had excellent we will most definitely be back next year ( apologies to the owner for my embarrassing trip out of his restaurant ! Honestly it was not too much wine )

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Not all that it seems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Walked past this place several times and it was never busy, but decided to give it a try anyway. The menu is quite small, and the waiters speak virtually no english. When we visited there were were 2 other tables occupied, which was the most we saw at anytime during our visit. Whilst the ambience of the place was nice the menu was overpriced, which goes part way to explaining why there were always very few few customers.I overheard the owner describe himself to another table as a "wine expert" and he bragged about his wine cellar. I found that very hard to believe when we were served chilled red wine more than once. In addition he refused to cook my steak "well done" how I wanted it, but promised that there would be no blood, however when it arrived it and I cut in to it, it was completely raw.We were given a bottle of water which we assumed was on the house, but when the bill came we had been charged 8TL for it, and an addional service charge of 10% had also been added. I was also charged 10TL for a small bottle of Efes. The restaurant claims to have been established since 2001, which I find hard to believe considering the number of customers it could not survived so long, When I mentioned this to a friend of mine he was adamant that the restaurant had only just appeared this year! Overall poor value, arrogant owner and not what it claims to be.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portlaoise, Ireland
“BEST QUALITY OF FOOD IN BITEZ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Both me and my partner had the fillet mignon and shared calamari for starter. Both dishes were excellent. However the waiters English was very poor and the steaks were not cooked as requested. The only other fault i would have is that the menu is very small and even with that not everything on the menu was available to order...Large selection of wine available we had a bottle of the house red and it was very nice....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Avesta, Sweden
“Quality food and the most friendly and service minded staff ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I would like to recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes to have a quality meal in international style cooked and served by the most friendly and service minded staff ever. The atmosphere is really calming and welcoming and we visited this place several times during our trip to Bodrum, Bitez. It's a great place to sit down for hours, just having a nice time. We found ourselves staying for many more hours than we expected just because of the harmonic atmosphere a short walk away from all the noise by the main street.

We recommended this restaurant to another couple at our hotel. Later they told us about the extra service they got while visiting the resaurant. The staff arranged personal baby sitting during their whole dinner, which acording to them was their best meal so far during their trip.

I would absolutely recommend the tender juicy 300 grams steak, even though all the meals we tried were fantastic.

• Visited July 2013
Dublin
“An Aegean Exegesis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

For our last day in Bitez we wanted something Special, and boy did we get it. We were told this was a good restaurant if somewhat pricey.

What we discovered was a revelation. It was on a different level to all the other restaurants we visited on our holiday. We were politely greeted by the coolly pulchritudinous hostess and led to a lovely table out doors (of course) The menu was short, and sweet. The wine list was long and engaging. For the wine we went for a local Turkish grape Bogaskere (literally translating as "throat burner") but it was Big and tannic and stood up perfectly to the starter of Chorizo and the main course of Steak.... The steak was huge and on the bone and cooked to perfection. The owner asked if I would like a porcini mushroom reduction to go with the steak and it was a marriage made in Olympus by the very Gods themselves. The dessert was cheesecake. As good as that which my mother made. Than that I can essay no greater praise.... a fabulous port to go with dessert and I have to say one of the best meals I have ever eaten and I include some very serious Basque eateries and Patrick Guilbauds. The justifiably proud owner was extremely personable and showed my wife and myself around his wine cellar and his meat fridge. An Exquisite evening of Ottoman Ecstasy.

The meal came to about 300 Turkish Lire but the wine was 100 of that and it would be possible to eat there more inexpensively, if one wished, as it was our last night we didn't mind paying for the superb quality.

to quote the mighty Arnold "I'll be back"

John.