“Nice Hotel good location but” 3 of 5 stars

3 S Beach Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Balcilar Mevki Bitez, Bitez, Turkey   |
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Bitez
Dundalk, Ireland
“Nice Hotel good location but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just back from the 3S which we enjoyed the hotel is in a great location good facilities our room overlooked the pool and faced the sea.My issues with the hotel were these, I found the staff very unfriendly especially the dining room guys and the bar staff, the only guy to show any friendlyness was the cleaner(who seemed to everything but serve in the hotel).
The bar drinks where overpriced compared to the rest of the resort which explains why it was always empty in the evening.
The hotel are very strict on taking drinks or food into your room and even threathened to remove any if found and did challenge some people when bringing water back with them.Come on we all like to have a wee drink on the balcony after a day relaxing on beach or pool.
The food was ok certainly caters for the veggies little meat or warm dishes breakfast was ok but again little warm food and omellettes only made every other day
If you are at all infirm or disabled this hotel is not for you there are stairs to everywhere from our room to the roof terrace where meals were served involved seven flights of stairs.
the beach area was ok but several wild dogs roam around although friendly they did leave their mess around and one actually peed on my bean bag as I was enjoying a beer, at 10 lira compaerd to 7/8 in the resort.
So did enjoy Bitez probably wouldnt stay here again Hotel lacks fun and friendlyness
Although the rooms were good and location great.

Room Tip: rooms over the pool are very good. The boys in ECE bar and restaurant on the strip were brilliant...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Turkish first
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I asked the Ali at the reception to translate a phone call from turkish to english for me. He then began swearing at me (infront of other customers) in turkish to his shock I understood. I asked him to apologise for such disgusting behaviour and he merely laughed at me.

The next day, our transfer to the airport was running late so I asked to call the company to see why. Again I needed someone to translate for me and as I asked for help he just left the front desk, after he returned he told me to that he knew english so I should go and learn turkish. I am appalled. I am only 5ft but this grown man walked over to my face and began to verbally abuse me further.

Despite informing management no apologies where made. Awful service.

The hotel is by no means dirty its clean but not to a 4 star standard (Mildew and basic grime) The cleaning staff are extremely friendly and potent. They provide new sheets and towels daily.

We stayed for 2 weeks so I expected the food to repeat itself after the first week, to my surprise the 2nd week was often a different menu. There is lots of choice and the buffet means you can eat as much as you like. The catering staff were funny and pleasant in particular Hussein (tall guy) However, dinner does not come included with any drinks so you have to buy (water is triple the regular price). To get to the dinning room we had to walk up 6 flights of stairs (THIS IS NO EXAGGERATION) If you have difficulty walking this hotel is not for you as there are no lifts. There is also a cat that parades around the tables every night.

Will not go back, I don't mind paying more for luxury but the prices at this hotel are ludacris for the quality you get. e.g. fizzy drinks are not canned but poured from a bottle into reused glass containers and cost triple the price.

The hard grafting workers i.e kitchen staff and cleaners were lovely people who are treated horribly by management. The front staff (reception) are rude.

Go to Ambrosia hotel!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chatham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel was fantatastic and is built into the hillsides of Bitez (not sure if it would be suitable if you have walking difficulties due to the stairs to reach certain areas). It was perfectly located as it is at the end of the strip of restaurants/bars therefore you were able to have a peaceful evening or walk a few minutes to the nightlife of Bitez. The staff were friendly and helpful and our room was cleaned daily. Brilliant food with a variety of options available including numerous desserts! Catered for vegan and vegetarian diets, this is a brilliant Turkish hotel serving Turkish fare - don't expect the boring fish and chips!!! The pool bar/restaurant did cater for all tastes (including burgar and chips!) however this is not included in the half board package but costs very little extra. The bar is open from early morning until approx 1am and they serve amazing mojitos in a pint glass! Beautiful pool that looks just like the professional/brochure pictures facing onto the hotels own private beach area which was also very clean. Excellent facilities at the hotel as it offered a gym, sauna, turkish bath and two pools (main pool and small childs pool). Turkey is very hot - we went in Late June and it was 42 degrees most days but the hotel offers shaded areas such as large beanbags and floor cushions on a decked and shaded area of the beach. I cannot praise this hotel and staff enough however this is a place I and my family will visit again and again.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room with a balcony or you may end up on the ground floor facing a retaining wall a...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Well I had a great 1 week here everyone was friendly and always helped you the best they could but couple of bad points:
Drinks.. Far to expensive triple the price here than any other bar/restaraunt
Food.. I hated the food they did not cater to English people or kids
Late check out.. Was a rip off for an extra 7hours in my room cost 90 lira 30 in a diffrent hotel I stayed at before :-/
Overall I had a really great time never laughed so much in 1 week I would go back if they sorted these problems out :)

• Stayed June 2013
england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel for a week ! the good points first very clean beautiful view location was great Ozzie the barman was great all ways there to help,Beach was clean sea was cold to start but you got use to it and I think it did warm up towards the end of our holiday.
When we arrived quite disappointed as our journey had been long should have reached hotel by midnight did not arrive until 4.30 am, we was showed our room it was connected to another room!! a child came in screaming he opened the door father grabbed him there was no key to lock it they had a key on the other side the room had just a tiny window, we was quite angry went and complained they gave us another room that had a small balcony with a brick wall out side very dingy!!! but as your not in your room long and only a week plus that was the only room they had we just enjoyed our holiday. The walk along the promenade is great with shops restaurants and bars, We could not understand the hotel bar it was never busy and the barman did not want to know they enjoyed lazing around there could have been a lot more if they promoted there cocktails also it needed some entertainment to keep there hotel clients in for a few nights so they had a change from having to go out every night also I am sure it would make money perhaps they don't want to I supose that is there prerogative!!!! food was ok little more variety pancakes would have been nice sometimes.
.As i have said all in all it is a lovely place just a few hiccups

Room Tip: Ask for a terrace room all the others have very small balconies and not good views or no views not s...
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 14 days, I could not wait to get out of this hell hole! Being fair...it was Kept very clean, however the owners and workers were dreadful! The only people I respected in that place were the cleaners, they worked hard and were very helpful. Not child plfriendly, they rip you off, greedy and horrible people! My room had no windows, everytime we went to eat the smell was dreadful, simple as don't be deceived by good reviews everyone I spoke to we're having problems, this hotel is not a 4 star, I don't think they know the meaningof a 4 star hotel! Very unproffesional greedy owners, Moral of the story; if you have money throw away choose this hotel. Ruined my holiday and would not go back if they offered me the hotel for free. End of

• Stayed June 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We spent 10 days in this hotel and we enjoyed ourselves there. The only downside was that the the rooms are really small and as you need the air conditioner for the nighttime - otherwise you won't survive the heat and as the room was really small, the cool air 'hit' our body when we slept and we couldn't sleep properly.
Otherwise the room and the hotel itself was really nice and clean, the people was really helpful.
Although the dinner was late - from 8pm to 10pm, we couldn't wait to check it as the hot food was really delicious. Usually there were 2-3 different hot food, soup, vegetables, at least 8 different salads, cakes and fruits.
The breakfast was almost the same every day which became boring after a couple of days.
Our package included breakfast and dinner but surprisingly we had to pay for the drink - even water and soft drink for the dinner which I believe should have been included.
The waiters were nice and professional except one who was really rude and careless, ex. he talked to us and left without a word to another guests and came back as nothing happened and once lost our card and he suggested we lost it!
There is a beautiful view from the hotel's restaurant to the bay.
The pool was really good too although it was 1.6m deep, so it is not really to playing or for younger kids.
The hotel has it's own beach with lots of sunbeds and four covered seats which is really useful if you are afraid to get sunburn. The water gets deep very quickly - and maybe because it was only June when we went there, it was really cold.
Between the hotels and the sunbeds there was a promenade along the bay with restaurants. It is really good to walk there either in the evening or the daytime.
We used our representatives to book tours to Ephesus or boat trips but we have just realized that it is almost double-prized compare to the price along the promenade on the beach, so I suggest to check to prizes, trips etc there first as you can spend much less money.
Also Bodrum and its area as Bitez has its own buses. It costs only 3.50 Turkish Lira (a bit more than 1 GBP) to go to Bodrum. You can see the Castle there or use another bus to go to the Turgetreis market or the Aquapark. The bus is really small but it was never full when we used it and it was comfortable. There are small white-green buses coming average every 15 minutes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to 3 S Beach Club? Share your experiences!