“Our third year here and we are planning on going back in august !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parkim Ayaz Hotel

You added Parkim Ayaz Hotel to your Saves list
Parkim Ayaz Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ayaz Str. Nr:20 | Gümbet, Bodrum City, Turkey   |
Ranked #22 of 116 Hotels in Bodrum City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
England
“Our third year here and we are planning on going back in august !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

even though we started with the standard room , we changed to a superior room which was a lot more spacious and had a Jacuzzi! also it had a sea view so it was worth the extra £100 a week. We Liked the food in the dinning room and the staff were very polite, Also often we went to cozzy bar which we love as we know most of the waiters now and they are very lovely people. They made our holiday, Also both pools are very nice, and they are always checking the chlorine level. The night life is very lively but we loved it as me and my sister are young so enjoyed dancing, Will be back tere in august, and i hope the same staff will be there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stayed with our 9 year old son for two weeks in August 2011, the staff couldn't be more helpful, or friendly. Room was basic but kept immaculately clean, we had clean sheets and towels everyday. The surrounding areas were thoroughly cleaned every day, with sun beds being hosed off regularly, pool areas washed and disinfected thoroughly. People do reserve their sun beds, early,we couldn't be bothered with rushing out in the mornings, but always managed to get beds as and when we wanted them,. Food was varied and lots of choice. We travelled with Thomas Cook and the rep Chris was easily found if needed, and made a point of wandering around the pool area checking on guests. We went on a trip to Dalyan to the mud baths and to see loggerhead turtles, however did not realise this would involve about seven hours on the coach, the trip was good, but I would have liked to have been made aware of this so that I could have taken something to occupy my son. (Although on the way home he slept!!) We spend most evenings in the Cozzy Bar, the entertainment was good and again the staff are excellent. On our first night we walked along the beach and there were lots of young males with bouquets of roses and bead bracelets, they try and give them to you stating they are free and then once they have the bracelet on you they expect payment, you just need to be aware and say no when they first approach you - this was something we found hard as it seemed rude but it seemed to work! My son loved the kids club, it is not run by the tour operator and there isn't the safety aspects that we have become used to in the uk - children can come and go as they please so you do need to be aware, this wasn't a problem for us as we tended to stay by the pool where he could find us and he would come back to let us know what he was up to. I have to mention "Bella" who was one of the kids club staff - my son absolutely loved her and she was never to busy to make the effort to stop and talk to him even when she was "off duty" trying to have some dinner in the evening. Our room overlooked the pool and cozzy bar - I have to say the music here is very loud from about lunchtime till the early hours, however we managed to sleep with it and quite enjoyed it. The only issue I would say was that the breakfast and dinner times were to rigid, as we went half board and breakfast was from 8 - 10 - a couple of days we could have done with a lie in, so had to make do with lounging by the pool dozing in the afternoon!!. I think it is going all inclusive next year so this wouldn't be a problem. It was lovely seeing the tortoises wandering around, the the kids club went on regular "hunting trips" to locate these. All in all a really great holiday for the whole family.

Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

We have just got back from spending one week at the Parkim Ayaz and I can only say how fabulous it was! The hotel was clean, people were extremely friendly especially the waiters at the Cozzy Bar (they earn pennies, it is scandalous as they work 18 hour days!!) Our room was a bit small but again clean with fresh towels provided daily and a nice view of the pool/beach/Cozzy bar.
I was a bit worried from reading other reviews that it would be noisy at night. Yes, the music is loud but with the door shut and the air conditioning on we slept very well!
Food choice was great - so many different salads and choice of cakes in the evening. Plus a huge selection at breakfast - omelettes cooked to order were delicious and I am still dreaming about the gorgeous pancakes!
Entertainment was ok but didnt start until about 11pm. The little kids loved the mini disco.
Highly recommend Peter Pan's boat trip - cost £15 each and had a lovely day with as much drink as you like and nice lunch, option for camel rides, mud bath and snorkelling or just admiring the beautiful coastline - dont book this trip through your holiday rep - it is twice the price! (Peter Pan is based on the beach side of the hotel)
Had a pedicure at the hotels spa - cost £7 - bargain! And it was brilliant!
My only complaint is the hassle you get walking past the restuarants/shops at night - those guys really don't take no for an answer and did make me feel a bit uncomfortable. Other than that, no complaints! Would certainly go back there again although it will be All inclusive for 2012 and much more expensive.
One last thing - it was HOT, HOT, HOT!!! 44-46 degrees most days!!

Room Tip: Buy phone cards from supermarket opposite the hotel - cheaper than from reps and more minutes to UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Me, my mum, sister of 14, aunty and 2 cousins one female 18 and male 14 previous years there has been a few more of us. we stayed at the parkim ayaz hotel from 10th august for 2 weeks half board returned back from holiday 7 days ago. This is our 6th year to gumbet and we absolutely love it. Each year guaranteed we go back to visit all of our friends. Gumbet as a whole is a lovely holiday destination although may not be for those people who are abit uptight and don't know how to have abit of fun.

The hotel is lovely and clean and ur rooms get cleaned everyday bed change and towel changes too u can't fault the maids even if u want a lie in u stick ur card on the door for do not disturb and when u leave turn it to please clean and u can guarantee its been done.

Hotel restaurant manager Ramadan is lovely as well as the staff that work alongside him.
Various items of food at breakfast including cereal, bread, fruit, yogurt, or hot stuff as well as orange juice water or tea and coffee. At dinner you were offered about 3 different main meals, as well as soup, loads of different salad selections and tummy deserts or fruit.

Cozzy beach staff including shorty, ersan, ertan, baris, chico all lovely and will go out their way to help u with anything just watch shorty u certainly can't miss him he's small and very cheeky. Also the animation team this year were different but very good. The entertainment here is the same each day each week but can't be faulted.

Very safe hotel too can't fault the security of this hotel at each entrance and along the beach front u have security around, after a night out it was like 5am when we headed back to the hotel and we were stopped and asked too see our waistband or room card to prove we were staying there.

Our family are beach lovers so don't really stay by the pool but pools are great. The beach is lovely too, u have staff from the ladybird bar, deniz or cozzy beach asking if ud like drinks etc depending which part of the beach ur on.

Just on the beach outside the hotel resturant u have the water sports the staff are very friendly. If u like this sort of stuff I suggest u try everything if u can. My favourites were the fly fish, big mable and ringos.

On our first day we had at our hotel Turkish bath, massage and face mask and I would definately recommend it to get rid of any dead unwanted skin before u tan and to relax u completely just before u start ur hol properly.
We also booked a private boat trip normally we book a boat trip where there is enough room on the boat for 30 people, this year we booked one for only 10 of us much better a lot more private and ideal if u just want to spend the day with ur family or friends. All this was all inclusive for £20 per person.
Various bars, clubs on bar street as well as gift shops, trip advisor places, restaurants, supermarkets etc
Bars/clubs I would recommend are roys bar near magnific hotel on the beach front as well as x bar, central, shakers, temple etc u decide.

If you also like any form of nuts or need phone cards then buy from an old man with a white trolley who walks up and down the beach day and night :-D alternatively u can buy from supermarkets.

I will be heading back at the end of Sept to see all our friends. I would Definately recommend this hotel too everybody I know. May not be for all but ud be silly not to give it a go.

• Stayed August 2011
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We have just returned from a weeks half board holiday at the Parkim Ayaz hotel. We had read all the reviews before hand and were looking forward to our holiday. First impressions of the hotel were clean and aesthetically pleasing. Our room was small and simply furnished but nice and clean with big shower. From our first night we got minimal sleep. We arrived at 1.00am. We stayed in the section near the childrens swimming pool and were kept awake by the loud music pumping from the ladybird bar and also music coming from the many bars and clubs in the main street. We unbeknown to us were positioned near the cleaners cupboard which meant we were woken early every morning by a radio, loud talking and the constant opening and closing of the door. This seemed to go on all day until early evening. I tried to get my 5 year old daughter to nap during the day due to lack of sleep in the evenings but the constant noise from the cleaning cupboard made this very difficult. By the third day of holiday it was getting too much and I asked the manager if we could be moved to a quiter part of the hotel (if there was such a thing!). He said unfortunately there were no other rooms available but if I came back the next day at noon he would check then. The next two days we were on trips which meant I could not see manager, this brought us to the fifth day of the holiday by which I thought I'd rather persevere than move all our stuff to another room for the sake of 2 nights. The manager had a word with the cleaners and they stopped playing the radio at least but there was still a lot of noise. We found the food to be a bit hit and miss too. My daughter seemed to just live on icecream and pancakes as would not eat hotel food, she is normally a very good eater at home. The latter are the two negatives we found with this hotel but as in my title we still managed to have an overall nice holiday. The pool was lovely, the staff were all very nice, the turkish people lovely and we did a couple of nice trips. My daughter enjoyed the kids club and the kids mini disco. My husband and I managed to get to read a couple of good books by the pool. I would not advise against this hotel but be prepared for strong possibility of noise.

Spalding, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

we stayed at the Parkim Ayaz for 2 weeks,12th to 26th Aug and had a wonderful time.
as requested we got a pool and seaview,which was a bonus,unfortunately it was the Cozzy Beach bar end,so was very noisy at night from the LMT bar and Aloha bar until 3am which were on the road behind the rooms.
also the fact that some people did not respect the fact that other people were staying in the hotel and made as much noise as possible coming in at 5am!!!!!(the people who kept a stray dog in room 1104).
apart from the noise issues,the hotel is very well located,nice and clean,very good food and the staff at the Cozzy Bar were fabulous.
there are some nice nice places to eat out in Gumbet and we were made to feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Cozzy Beach bar end was very noisy at night.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

had a great holiday food brill rooms clean cozzy bar staff were super have read a review from july wasn the same place we were, can be noisy but when door shut there was no noise but you expect music when on hols

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Parkim Ayaz Hotel? Share your experiences!