“Great holiday, fantastic location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vera Miramar Resort

You added Vera Miramar Resort to your Saves list
Vera Miramar Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ataturk Cad. No:180, Bodrum City 48400, Turkey (Formerly Vera Club TMT)   |
Ranked #37 of 116 Hotels in Bodrum City
London, United Kingdom
“Great holiday, fantastic location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at Club Vera In August 2012 and were a bit worried after reading some bad reviews but we had a lovely holiday. Firstly the location of the hotel is fantastic and the grounds of the hotel are lovely. We were in the Annexe and so had to use the steps or lifts to get to our room, our room was great size we had 2 bedrooms so it was great to have a room for our daughter and one for us. The bathroom was a bit grotty but it was serviceable and on the basis that you spend maybe 20 mins a day in it I wouldn't let it put you off, besides the view from our balcony more than made up for it as it was amazing, the sea, the mountains and Bodrum castle. I think the rooms nearer reception are better but you don't get the view from there. The lifts are a bit rubbish so use the stairs, good exercise we found. The food was great, I don't know why anyone would complain unless they only eat fish and chips and English food, the deserts were great and my 6 year old daughter loved trying all the different little cakes. The pools are great and the slides are great fun for everyone. We had a few issues with a leak in our bathroom and a broken chair but we reported it to reception and they fixed both straight away. All in all I would rate the holiday 5* location and 3-4* for everything else, great value for money. The Thomas Cook Rep was nowhere to be found for the meeting though so if you can't find her get reception to phone her.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
swindon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

First this hotel is not amazing but it is excellent value, offers clean comfortable accommodation, the food was very good, excellent choice something different everyday, the entertainment team worked very hard and there was always something going on, the slide pool was great on most of the day, never had to que for drinks at the bar, only ice-cream & donunts you had to que for!!! the evening shows were a bit hit and mis, but pretty normal for this standard of hotel, only a 10 mins walk along the sea to Bodrum, so excellent location for getting out and about. I think people that have given this hotel poor reviews must have stayed in the old part over the road via steps and a lift! we did not hear great things about these rooms, old, not nice showers etc, but all I can say is you get what you pay for and if it says annexx room its the cheepest rooms we upgraded to a room in the new part and had no complaints. Go enjoy the sun...

Room Tip: Pay for an up-grade to be in the new main building close to reception.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Romford, Essex
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have stayed in by far... Room was just disgusting, Bathroom Vomit inducing with mould growing everywhere, the seal around the bath had gone so every time we showered (I use this term loosely, as the shower was rubbish) the bathroom floor flooded. Not sure what the maids actually did other than make the beds and change the towels, as the room didn't seem to be cleaned, nor swept, nor mopped! The furniture was Very Old and tired, the decor was, well non existent. We complained to our rep Laura, and she totally agreed with what we were saying, even expressing that she herself was not happy with the rooms and would be making a full report. A 4* hotel this is NOT, I have to be slightly fair here in saying that the public areas were very well maintained. But surely a star rating should be given on the whole accommodation rather than just the public areas? Top show springs to mind. Having spent a lot of money on this holiday we were so disappointed in the hotel. We did have a good time, despite the hotel rather than because of it and felt as though we had been totally ripped off. Thomas Cook should be ashamed of themselves for selling this hotel as 4* it's at best 2/3* and that's being generous. Would just like to point out, I have always read theses review pages and been very sceptical as I often find people do complain about silly things, like not enough English Food, or there are too many Foreigners ( well duh, you are in a foreign country) and didn't think I would ever write a review myself, but having just returned, I really felt like I needed to say something. I will not stop at this review, I am planning on contacting Thomas Cook, to find out how the hell they have the nerve to sell and advertise this hotel as some Luxurious place, when it is far, far, far from Luxurious.

Room Tip: Don't Book this Hotel
St Helens, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Just returned on 4th August after booking this for my 40th birthday with my family as a party of 7. I completed a disability form with Thomas Cook prior to travel for rooms near the hotel due to travelling with pensioners and I also emailed the hotel 3 times requesting this. We were put in the furthest and highest away -rooms 7223 etc. We could only move my parents to another room at a cost of £80.00!! and our party was then split up. We also spoke to other english and the same happened to them as they said they were in our room the day earlier and had to pay to move: Is it a ploy for more cash I wonder! We all have sore throats as at the pool bar they collect the plastic cups from the tables which attract wasps, and then rinse under a tap and then re-serve drinks in so they are not properly washed. The cakes in the restaurant are covered in flies and wasps but no-one bothers. They cook donuts every day 5-6pm and the honey and jam pots have wasps having a swim. We watched the chef squat a wasp with the spatula and then serve someone a donut with part of the wasp still on it. The food was burgers and fish for lunch and then for dinner every day. The salad was ok if you like chilli. Ice-cream is only served for 1 hour, 4-5pm ONLY 3 days a week and you have to queue like panting dogs.
A dead spider was on our bathroom floor on arrival and eventhough we complained it was still there on departure. The phones in the room didn't work so off we go for another 10 minute walk back to reception to complain again. Myself and my son was stuck in the second lift as it broke down (after midnight) and we had to shout and scream to wake someone up to go and get help. This happened on the actual birthday-great!!! The only good thing was the animation team and the view from the sunbed with the lovely weather of course. I travel 2-3 times a year and am easily pleased but this place takes the mick! I have complained to TC in writing (awaiting reply) and recommend that they no longer bother with this place.

Reading, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have just returned today from this hotel Vera Club TMT in Bodrum. Let me start by saying that I have been going on All Inclusives for the Last 17 years, of which for the last 5 years, all over Turkey. I read the good and the bad comments and thought I would take a chance....a Chance I wish I hadn't taken...There are some good points, so I will start with these..The Swimming Pool is massive, plenty of sunbeds and although the Beach is a pebble beach, it does have a lovely pier, which we spent every morning feeding the fish bread and the water sports are excellent. The Dining area is relatively large and has plenty of seats available. This hotel is located a 5-6 minute taxi ride away from Bodrum Town Centre which has lovely upmarket shops, but be prepared to haggle!!!. Now the bad points!!! I have never in my life had to pay for cocktails at 9 Euros!!! at an All Inclusive or even freshly squeezed Orange Juice at Breakfast at 2Euros!!!, this was an utter rip-off. The food is plain and boring and must say very different from my previous experiences. As for the rooms, DON'T STAY IN THE ANNEX!!! These rooms should be knocked down and rebuilt, the furniture is old, tired and falling apart. As for the bathroom there is mould on the ceilings and the showers don't work or the Air Conditioning..There were so many people at the reception complaining about things that didn't work in their rooms it was surprising...Another watchout, if you loose any items of clothing etc... you will not get these back without a fight...Reception state they don't have it and they keep your belongings!!! My Son left his Addidas FlipFlops at the swimming pool, the Animation team advised they handed it into Reception, Reception refused to believe they had them and wouldn't even look..it took me to threathen the Police for them to produce them, they clearly keep them for theirselves!!. I also had a watch stolen which was worth alot of money and quite a few other English people we spoke to had things go missing from around the pool area. This hotel spolit my holiday and as for Thomas Cook, they seriously need to review their status of a 4 star rating, I would not give this hotel a 2 or 3 star!!.. This is tmy first bad experience in all these years and would not recommend you stay here..

Room Tip: Only pick the rooms in the Hotel, but I have heard these are not much better
Peterborough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Do not book your only holiday at this hotel! The rooms are dirty, crawling with cockroaches, parts of the furniture broken. Plus you have to walk over 400 steps up to most the rooms, walk out of the hotel over a big fly over bridge, cross a road, pass a guard to most the rooms. They serve the same bland meals every day and do not eat any of the food before you check that it has been cooked. As 2/3 times it will be RAW! The only nice thing about this hotel was leaving it!

Room Tip: Dont stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Northamptonshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed at Vera Club from Sun 15th - 22nd June. Partner and I booked holiday jsut over a week before we went and was exactly the last minute holiday we wanted.

We complely agree with the review of Purefragrant & Lolmckerr. to summarise...

The hotel was excellent, we were in the annexe and our room was excellent. Yes, it is bit of a walk from the main pool, but it was fairly quiet and the three pools at the top were deserted with their bars too. As with all holidays, you had to get round the main pool early to secure a sun bed on the first or second rows from the front. we normally went to breakfast with our beach stuff about 9.30 and always managed to get two sunbeds with a parasol.

The private beach was busy, but again we got two sunbeds and a parasol. be warned there is no sand on the beach, if thats what you expect.

I cant understand why people complained about the food. Breakfast was good, as was lunch and dinner. The grilled meats were fantastic and the Turkish night on the Friday was the best night of the week. There was lots of choice, with fresh bread and fruit. We booked the al a carte restaurant whcih was not to be missed

We walked to Bodrum on the Tiesday, went to the market and had some lunch out. We got a taxi to gumbet one day (30 TL) for a change of scene and went to the beach all day. Again, we walked into Bodrum one night and went for dinner around the harbour. The town was really busy and the atmosphere fab.

We booked with Thomas Cook, which was actually Olympic Holidays. we were the first drop off on the mini bus and the last pick up so we were not subjected to the long transfer (35 mins i think). Bodrum airport terminal is fairly new and very clean, etc. Water fairly overpriced

Would definately recommend

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vera Miramar Resort? Share your experiences!