“Great hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Voyage Bodrum

You added Voyage Bodrum to your Saves list
Voyage Bodrum
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Bardakci Koyu Mevki, Bodrum City, Turkey   |
Ranked #4 of 116 Hotels in Bodrum City
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
“Great hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Hotel voyage bodrum is a pleasant, quiet hotel located in the bay of Bodrum. Good available transportation to Bodrum through watertaxi's, these taxi's leave every 15 minutes at the hotel, untill midnight. Great view on the marina and Bodrum town. This hotel is money well spent, nice staff, good service, great food, clean rooms,.... This hotel is ideal for couples who don't like the mass-hotels with childeren, hotel doesn't allow childeren under 12 years. So if you want a nice getaway from all the noise and want a quiet vacation with your loved one, this is the place to be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MNGMENT, Guest Relations Manager at Voyage Bodrum, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear our guest, we thank you for all your comments. It is great to hear that you had a impressive and nice holiday. It was a pleasure for all of us to serving you and will be an honor to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact with us for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Turkish first
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We have just returned from our third stay at the Voyage Bodrum and once again we had a great time. The hotel has been completely refurbished since we were there in 2010 and this has meant major improvements to the reception and lobby area, bedrooms, restaurant and pool bar. The food is still excellent and varied for all meals and the service generally friendly albeit a little haphazard at times which is due to the lack of any obvious supervision in some of the areas. However, it wasn't a major issue for us and the location simply can't be beaten. The regular water taxi service to and from Bodrum, is great and In summary, If you are looking for a relaxing holiday in the Turkish sunshine in a really good 4 star all-inclusive hotel you will not be disappointed - We will certainly be back!

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are nice but could be noisy if you are a light sleeper
s glos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

firstly bodrum airport was a breeze no probs and fast ! on arrival at the voyage we were given an amzing room very quickly (no welcome drink though or cold flannel but the lobby bar was open and best of all food was available in the restaurant between midnight and one this was very good and unexpected.
the place is spotless , the pool is a plunge pool or lap pool depending how you feel not stunning or well set out but very clean and near a bar ! The bar issue , the staff are in general very pleasant but limited english and a poor knowledge of cocktails ( having to read the book and then not well presented with fruit etc but taste good !
We spent the most of our time on the pool terrace on lovely ratten sofas great shade overlooking the sea and bodrum castle it was so relaxing , the sea was crystal clear and easy access from jetty if you are reasonably able.
the restaurant was where we had the biggest problem , guests were feeding the cats under the tables, these cats, like them or not, should not be in a restaurant , unfortunately the staff did nothing even though it states on the key card Do not feed the cats or dogs !
My other issue is tips we give them for good service not to get good service and i felt that it was obviuos to see who tipped and who didnt . The staff worked hard but i felt they had very little management guidance (to get english tea in the morning was not easy one small cup had to last you a lonhg time ! i would have got my own very happily but this was frowned on ! top tip, if like us you like endless cups in the morning take a small stainless steel t pot !
However after all my little niggles this was a very relaxing hotel with great views with a feel good factor .
if anyone gives you a price for something get it in writing ! the photograher in particular he takes great photos but do the deal and write it in stone !
A big bonus for us was no animation team no loud music and low key entertainment which was brilliant for us.
the gulet that leaves from the jetty by the hotel is ok but he promised no music when i went to book it saying that was why people liked him ,well the next night at 5.30 you could hear the boat cominng in a mile away !also not a good itinerary no snorkelling stop as promised and back that night by 4.30 but it was a day out on the sea . Also everyone on board paid different prices ! depending where you booked not fair and very annoying .
room tip be careful when booking to make sure you have a balcony if you dont you can end up in a cupboard with no natural light as you cannot draw your curtains because it is in a corridor !
floor 6 and 7 are fabulous ! if you have a sea view better still can be noisy but with air con on you smooth it out !
bodrum shopping, haggle hard, believe nothing and check it is not cheaper on the internet i pod phone case £16 bodrum exactly the same internet £3 86 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
But enjoy this hotel and have a great holiday

Room Tip: sixth floor sea view
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have just returned from The Voyage Bodrum. I have been to Turkey 12 times now and this hotel is one of the best I have stayed in with exception to the problem of the language barrier of most staff there. On arriving my partner and I were offered a nice cold refreshing drink and were then taken to our room. Our room was amazing. Beautiful bathroom with a massive shower and toiletries. Bed was the best I have ever slept in during my visits to Turkey. They are usually far too hard for my back. Room was nice and clean and nicely furnished. Nice balcony but with a restricted view of the sea. Although I requested a lower floor room I was put on floor 5 and the room was accessed by 6 stairs. Food was as expected. Got very boring after the two weeks and was fed up with chips, even though I love chips! Nice cakes in the afternoon and free ice-cream a real bonus.-Thanks! Drinks were available at all times and staff were very generous with quantity of alcohol. Only problem was that you sometimes got something you didn't order! I requested a Bahama Mama cocktail and got a Strawberry Daquiri. Getting the wrong drink was a regular occurance. Staff were lovely, especially Kemal in the Restaurant but they could not speak much English so getting something specific was quite difficult but sometimes amusing. I asked for a banana and got a pineapple drink! I really think the staff should be trained in basic English food skills at least. Coffee was dreadful, I like mine quite milky and it was mostly like black coffee....so I started drinking Cafe Latte. Nice gardens and pool area. Bit dissapointed with the beach access to the sea. No beach basically just a concrete slope and rocks to the sea. Had to walk to next hotel beach to get into the sea. During my last two days I incurred a leg injury and could not walk very well. Massuer staff very helpful with ligament cream but again lack of English made things difficult to know what the problem was. Ended up going to clinic and hospital and paying an absolute fortune( £794). Stairs at hotel then became a problem for me.
Entertainment ok. Enjoyed the African Circus act but otherwise DJ and live bands were ok. Entertainment area has a very dark seating area, in my opinion could do with more lighting. No comfy chairs just wooden tables and chairs. Big screen TV left on constantly with no sound! Why? Most annoying.
Free air con. Free easy to use safe in the room. Got immediate attention when a problem with the safe occured. Free towels and wonderful bed-like sunbeds. Good parasols and plenty of bins.Fridge nearby with soft drinks and water so you could help yourself constantly. Fantastic in all respects. Overall a good holiday but lack of basic English skills a big problem for me and other guests staying at The Voyage Bodrum.

Greenock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just returned from a week at the Voyage. This hotel is stunning and set in a magnificent setting. The food is excellent with a good choice across breakfast, lunch, dinner and the midnight buffet!!. The all inclusive runs 24 hours and even includes cocktails. The staff are very friendly and always helpfull. I suggest you book a room with a sea view as the views are stunning. The rooms are well equipment and the beds comfortable. As there are no children in the hotel the atmosphere is very quiet and relaxed. There is also free wifi available in the hotel lobby, just ask reception to the access code. I would definately recommend this hotel to anybody who wants a quiet relaxing holiday with great food and great service. We will definately be returning.

Room Tip: Book a room with a sea view
Northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Me and the missus holidayed at this hotel in September and it was very impressive. The first night we were put in room 410 which was not so good as it was too close to the rooms opposite and very noisy. Fortunately, having mentioned to the receptionist that we would prefer a sea-view, the next morning we were moved to a much better room. OK, so you're not going to benefit from a sea-view unless you've got a balcony because there are no real windows, just patio-like doors that will always be covered, but it was good of them to upgrade us. The rooms though are fine and the showers superb. There's room for three people in the shower enclosure... if you're into that sort of thing. The fridge is kept well stocked with a couple of waters, beers and various soft drinks. It's a shame that there are not more English channels on the TV, but it's an indication of the clientele. There are something like 15 Russian channels, 5 German, 4 French but only 3 English. I had to watch Eastenders for crying out loud!
But this is where I was left disappointed. There's virtually zero entertainment at the hotel.
The drinks are absolutely amazing at the hotel bars: loads of cocktails that actually taste nice, wine that tastes like wine and not vinegar, premium brand spirits... and they're actually served in glasses! Even Effes tastes such much better from a glass and I did see two other beers mentioned on the menu but no one else ordered them so nor did I.
So with so much quality alcohol running through my veins I really longed to be entertained, but there's nowt going on. Thank God we befriended two quality Mancunians! (hi Gaz and Kim). One night there was a band playing and they were really good but the other nights it was DJ Inang (or something like that). I didn't think he was very good, playing the music too loud and on the rare occasions people got up to dance, he'd clear the floor by the next next song by not following it up with a good enough tune. I think the hotel made an error in putting the stage right next door to the a la carte restaurant, because it means the "entertainment" could only ever start at 10pm once the diners has finished (the DJ finished at 12pm).
The a la carte restaurant was lush though, both the food and the set up. They give you goldfish bowl like glasses for your wine and they give you soooooo much food. You pre-order what you want but there are about 5 starters before you get to the mains of which I had steak and it was nice! You only do this once, not just because of the amount you eat, but you're only allowed once within the all-inclusive rules.
The main restaurant is more than adequate though, serving many culinary delights. Sure there are a lot of chicken and pasta dishes, but that suits me fine. When it came to lunch I preferred the beach bar, because you get a menu and order what you want. The burgers, pizza's, pasta's, salads and sandwiches are superb! I must say the waitresses are very good (not so much the waiters), but especially Nese. She was the only one that kept smiling and was extremely efficient.
Nese wasn't the only girl with a hands on a approach, I had a nice massage at the hotel. I think it cost something like £45 for a turkish bath, foam scrub, massage and facial which were all good :-)
The wi-fi was a bit of let down because you can only use it the lounge. When on the beach or by the swimming pool there were 4 hotel's wi-fi detected but the Voyage wasn't one of them.
The swimming pool was just about big enough although it would be better if it was bigger. There is a pretty good pool table and table tennis on offer... but the dart board has not numbers on it?! The beds by the pool are normally reserved by 10am, but you'd be really unlucky not to get a beach bed which are good enough. The beach is a stone throw away and is better than a lot of other Turkish beaches (there are some funky smells sometimes though). The sea is nice too.
The sea taxi is a good way to get into Bodrum and at 5 lira (£1.80) a good price too. The 5 minute journey is even better at night time although there's not much going on in Bodrum from what I experienced. Bar Street has more restaurants and shops than bars! We had a nice meal at the Kortan restaurant one night which was by the sea. Oh I also popped the question whilst in Bodrum and the ring I paid £800 for has been valued at £1900 in England (you should get at least 20% off the list prices) :-) I did the James Bond thing by having a private boat tour for 7 hours. It cost £180 which was a bit expensive for what we got and I'm sure I could've got it cheaper.... and with an English speaking captain.
Well, if you're still reading this review, well done for staying awake! At the end of the day, it's a really nice hotel and well run, but if you want to be entertained then maybe it's not for you. I don't regret going to the Voyage but would not return to it.

Room Tip: Obviously with a balcony sea-view would be best.
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our very first stay in the Voyage Bodrum….and won’t be our last.

We had asked the Travel Agent for a child free, relaxing hotel with good quality rooms and food, and we certainly weren’t disappointed. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome, the reception staff were very professional and friendly.

From the time we arrived at the Voyage to the time we left the staff were fabulous, we cannot fault them at all. The reception staff made us feel very welcome after our long flight, being offered a comfortable seat to sign into the hotel after such a long flight was a nice touch.
The reception and lobby area were very smart indeed, and gave a very good impression to guests like us who were new to the hotel. The porter was great and in no time at all we were helped to our room,

Although we couldn’t get a sea view or a room with a balcony we were very happy with the room we were given, it was well designed in a contemporary style, with a comfortable bed and a great walk in shower. The wine and fruit were a great touch.
We had a comfortable bed, which was quite large, in fact we cannot fault the room at all. The free to use safe in the room was also most welcome.

The main restaurant was well laid out, with plenty of space between tables, which isn’t always the case in other hotels, the waiting staff were very attentive and were happy for you to relax in your seat between courses without rushing you. The buffet spread was also of a very good quality, we never had any problem with finding several dishes at every sitting that appealed to us, and it all tasted very good indeed.

We usually had lunch at the great beach bar, which offered a varied menu that never bored us.

One of the highlights of the Voyage is the fantastic range of International branded drinks that is offered at the Three bars, and both the lobby bar (24 hour service) and the beach bar had fabulous bar staff, although the lad on the pool bar wasn’t quite up to their high standard.

The range of cocktails on offer, and the willingness of bar staff to listen to your individual requirements was of a very high standard.

The food was great, the drink was great, the room was great, the hotel décor was great….but most of all the hotel staff were absolutely fabulous and are a credit to the manager and his training of them.

Hard to pick out a star member of staff but it has to go to Baris….who makes the beach area his very own and could not do enough to make the guests happy and well catered for, he for us is the gem in the hotel Voyage…..and we will be back next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear our guest, we thank you for all your nice comments. It is great to hear that you had a memorable holiday. It was a pleasure serving you and will be an honor to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact with us for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Guest Relations

Been to Voyage Bodrum? Share your experiences!