When me and my boyfriend arrived at the resort, we were allocated a twin room when we had requested a double. The hotel staff moved us to a double that had mould on the walls and exposed electrical wiring. The third room offered was filthy, but by now it was very late and we were tired so accepted it after we were told it would be cleaned the next day.
The next day we attended at the guest welcome meeting where I raised the issue of the dirty room. Despite being given assurances that it would be cleaned, this never happened. Furthermore, I reported being unable to use the balcony due to overgrowth, a broken and leaking fridge, a faulty hairdryer which gave out electric shocks and the lack of satellite television as advertised. We had to collect our own clean towels (which were usually damp), because there was no room service. Despite my continued complaining, none of these issues were addressed.
When we used the hotels turkish bath facilities the sauna did not work at all, the male staff who carried out the turkish bath (as there was no option to request a female) were perverts and very unproffesional.
The pool was too dirty to use, and the external lights surrounding the pool had exposed electrics. The sun beds were un-usable as most were broken, and there were missing and broken floor tiles. The public toilets were also filthy with used condoms left on the floor.
I now wish to draw you attention to the catering facilities and the all inclusive package that we bought. The eating area was infested with cats, and cat faeces were present on the floor throughout our stay, again despite drawing it to the attention of the staff. The food was monotonous and stale, and we both suffered from upset stomach and sickness. Additionally,
the bar constantly ran out of the all inclusive drinks. We therefore had to purchase other drinks and food, spending twice our budget.
On the second day i noticed a nasty rash had started on my back, this spread round onto my front side and got worse and very sore throughout our stay. I thought it was an innocent rash, maybe a heat rash so decided to wait until arriving back home to get it checked out. My trip to my GP revealed i had caught shingles! After discussing my stay in turkey with my GP she advised it is very likely i had caught the shingles from either dirty towels or dirty bedding.
My boyfriend had booked this trip for my birthday and we were sold this holiday as a 4star, however it was obvious the hotel was definately not a 4star. After speaking to our holiday rep, we were advised the manager of the hotel had recently passed away which has left the future of the resort unknown and it had also been dropped to a 2 star. I think it is ridiculas that this hotel is still advertised as a 4star holiday as i do not even think it is a 1star! Staying at this hotel is a big health risk, go elsewhere!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your L'Ambiance Resort Bodrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Ambiance Resort Bodrum Hotel Bodrum
- l Ambiance Hotel Bodrum
- l Ambiance Hotel Yaliciftlik