“Worst hostel ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Ataturk Cad. 31/B | Hayri Bar, Bodrum City 48400, Turkey   |
Rome, Italy
“Worst hostel ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We booked a two-bed room at the 'backpackers bodrum' for three nights. The location of the hostel is very good(close to the beach). First of all, when we arrived we were told that they did not receive our booking- request. After showing the owner our reservation he gave us a room. The room was very small and extremly hot! The bathroom was very dirty (e.g. Bugs etc). We felt very uncomfortabe at night because people were partying all night in front of our room. Plus we felt very uncomfortable with the hostel-owner! Therefore we decided to change the hostel which turned out to be a big problem (even if according to the owner we had no reservation in the first place!) In the end we paid more for the one night than we had to but it was worth every lira!!! We spent the two last days in another hostel close to the backpachers hostel. The backacker hostel is cheap, but one can definetly expect more for the price! We have been in way cheaper and better (clean and comfortable) hostels in touristic parts of turkey!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in August 2011, I never expected glamour from this hostel, and wasn't too disappointed or shocked by the place for the price I payed. However, the bathroom was dirty and smelly, it was manageable, but I'm glad I was only there one night.
I never ate the breakfast, so I can't comment on that. But the bar was nice enough, I met lots of different people and had a few drinks, and that was fine.
If you're coming here don't expect too much, its ok, and if you just need somewhere to sleep its adequate. But its definitely not luxurious in any way!

• Stayed August 2011
Helsinki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

had a great time staying in bodrum backpackers in summer 2011! very funny employees and chilled out atmosphere. and definitely gonna come back and have a great time again! "Memets are amazing!"

Room Tip: very good prices for all dorms and rooms. I slept upstairs in dorm and it was okay. not too hot upst...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I just didnt like the way the stuff approaching to their guests. they are trying to be friendly but its too much friendliness. breakfast is just a toast and tea, rooms are clean. location is good, there are not much choices around i suppose. there is no kitchen and while i was stayin you were not allowed to get ur food to the room.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

What a dump this place was. I travelled through Europe for 6 weeks this summer, and this was by far the worst hostel I stayed at. First of all, they lost my booking, which was supposed to be a private room with a bathroom. He suggested I stay in a dorm, and when I suggested that I had reserved a private room and that I expected a private room, he disappeared for a few minutes. When he came back, all he said was "Ok I'll show you to your room". He brings me into a basement, where he brings me to a small room with a bunkbed in it... no bathroom. The bathroom was filthy and smelled terrible. I paid for my room, and then asked for a key, at which point he informed me that "that was the only problem, there is no key for this room". Nice! So, he took my money first, and then informed me that there was no key. By that time I was so exhausted that I couldn't bear the thought of finding another place to stay. I took the room, but slept with a chair against the door all night. I did not feel at all comfortable with the staff at all. In the morning, they were supposed to provide breakfast starting at 8am. I arrived for breakfast at 9:30 and the staff were all still asleep. I guess too much partying the night before. This place is a flop house for people who just want to party. It was filthy and disgusting. Fortunately I was only there for one night.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011 via mobile

Like many other visitors who have posted previously, we arrived and were told there had been a mistake made with the Internet company and the hostel was overbooked. Obviously a scam. We were shown to the terrace balcony and slept there for three nights. The toilet was downstairs and never had toilet paper. The shower smelt like mould and poo and was revolting and dirty. To top it off, one of the men who ran the hostel (there are two men by the same name) was sleazy and inappropriate. He made inappropriate advances on both me and my friend (both girls) and genuinely made our time awkward and uncomfortable.

• Stayed July 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011 via mobile

We arrived at Bodrum backpackers and were recommended by friends to stay there.. We paid for our accommodation on arrival and had a fine stay up until the last night. They accused us of not paying on arrival, in order to stay out of trouble as we did not feel safe and felt threatened we just repaid the amount. They put up a big party for a friends birthday and after that decided to accuse us of nt paying. The owner was definitely on on this scam and we felt violated..

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Bodrum Backpackers? Share your experiences!