Initially, we were surprised that a hotel claiming to be central was in fact on the outskirts of town, but the views from its hilltop location were stunning. Our room was initially “garden view”, which meant it looked out onto a hedge, but we upgraded with no problem to the floor above for a sea view, and it was well worth the extra. Getting into town was no problem – 5 minutes walk to the main road, and there would always be a local minibus to take you into town for 2 Turkish lira, but walking back up the steep drive to the hotel from the main road was hard work. The hotel was spacious and tastefully decorated, and all was spotlessly clean. The pools were fantastic, and there was never any problem finding sun-loungers. Food at breakfast and in the restaurant was well presented and beautifully cooked, and restaurant prices were not much higher than down-town, although drink was substantially more. The spa is definitely to be recommended, especially the honey massage. We were there in the second week of September, and the clientele was largely “mature” and the hotel was not full; it would have been nice to enjoy the peaceful surroundings, but as it was, there was always music from the loudspeakers. For most of the time, this was quite pleasant and at an acceptable level, but for a few hours each day, we were subject to loud, obtrusive “music” from a DJ, and any chance of listening to your own music on an iPod was impossible.
The other thing to be aware of is that the hotel does not provide complimentary water; it is only obtainable from the minibar at 5 lira for a half-bottle. Neither does it provide tea and coffee making facilities.
There's the Grand Yazici Torba Beach Club just 5 minutes up the road, away from Bodrum, and the hotel will arrange a free taxi transfer whenever you want, and return. ery pleasant. But beware splinters in the wooden floor of the pontoon.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Yazici Bodrum Hotel
- Grand Yazici Bodrum Hotel Bodrum
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Yazıcı Hotel & Spa Bodrum offers you a memorable vacation with unique botanical garden, which is decorated with palm trees, banana trees and thousands of various flowers, 600sqm infinity pool with a perfect Bodrum Peninsula, St. Peter’s Castle, Cos Island and Marina view,Tastes from traditional Bodrum cuisine welcomes you at the Limon Restaurant, you will get satisfied with the international dishes from Mediterranean Cuisine and will enjoy the perfect view from every corner at the Peninsula RestaurantSPA by Yazıcı, the most exclusive SPA complex of Bodrum Peninsula, is placed on 2500 sqm area with heated indoor pool, VIP SPA, fitness center with latest technology equipments, Turkish Hamams, Saunas, Steam rooms, massage and treatment rooms, skin & body care rooms, healthy life center, also a open tennis court for day and night use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Grand Yazici Bodrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.