“Terrific, modern hotel in Ankara” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 150 Hotels in Ankara
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Southport, Australia
“Terrific, modern hotel in Ankara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We only stayed one night, but we really appreciated the quality and comfort of the Holiday Inn.

The room was large, as was the bathroom. All spotlessly clean, with good quality fittings. Bed was very comfortable - especially with the choice of pillows provided.

The in-house restaurant had no great appeal, but there are many restaurants and bars within an easy walk of the hotel.

Ankara is more expensive than other towns in Turkey that we have stayed out, so the rate was probably OK considering the quality. The room price included internet and valet parking.

No hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear ChrisandJudy1000,

Thank you so much for taking time to write your great feedback.

It's so nice and motivating that you've enjoyed your room features! I wish for the same situation had been experienced for our restaurant service, however with the centrally location of the hotel, I think you got the chance to see other places which is also another satisfactory alternative.

I look forward to welcome you back in Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere.

Ugur Bur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
Seaside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I found the hotel to have a rather attractive interior with modern, comfortable rooms. Must echo some other reviewers about the central location surrounded by numerous entertainment choices. The staff was always friendly, spoke decent to good English and a few even were proficient in German. Had dinner one night in the hotel restaurant and I was more than satisfied with the meal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear DPS27,

Thank you for your kind interest and nice comments about Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere.

I'm so glad that; although the interior design is a bit different than other Holiday Inn standards, we have tried so hard to get the approval and offer this luxury architectural design to our guests. I'm also more than happy with your feedback about our staff and the restaurant/kitchen service.

Hope to welcome you back sooner.

istanbul
2,040 reviews 2,040 reviews
5,492 helpful votes 5,492 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Very central location with plenty of different kinds of restaurants,
caffes and bars around the hotel
Very friendly staff and very clean hotel.Breakfast was very good with many choices.Air conditioning was working without any problem at my room

• Stayed May 2013
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear junior1907,

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback.

It's so good to learn that you've enjoyed the local attractions. I hope you'll also enjoy our breakfast for your next trip to Ankara. You can be sure that you're more than welcome and hope to see you soon.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I called all the way from UK to have a reservation, however, the receptionist hang up on me as soon as I said hello. Second time I called I told him not to hang up cause I was calling overseas then he put me on hold 5 minutes then he took my reservation..
What a way to welcome a customer. I am very curious about my visit to this Hotel. I hope I won't regret that I stayed there.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear tommyAnkara_Turkey,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guests' comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the level of service provided by our staff fell short of your expectations. Our team pays special attention to each and every guest and deeply regret that we have failed to deliver the highest level of service and customer care that you deserve.

Your patronage to our hotel is very important, as such, your comments will be shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate all guest feedback, and strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests. We hope taht you give us another chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 5 days. Staff are nice but their english its poor.
Rooms are clean but very small.
Location its fine. The worst part of this hotel is their food. Do not have lunch or dinner in the hotel.
Overall ankara people are much nicer than istanbuls.

• Stayed September 2013
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Nazani,

I would like to thank you for your kind interest shown to Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere. During your stay, I wish we had chance to talk with each other. I'm really glad to get your comment about our food, which seems to be one of the best way to improve the service quality.

Comparing to some 5 star properties, room sizes may look small, which is also described in our brand website. I hope you enjoyed the other room facilities, especially the IP TV system.

Once again, a big thank you by helping us to improve our service quality. I hope we will meet in your next trip to Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere.

Strasbourg, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

New central located hotel. The hotel has a new fresh atmosphere and in the middle of the business and government district. To my mind better located than Hilton and Sheraton. The staff is very friendly and service minded. Although some of them speak only basic English. But the managers seem to know English very well.

The breakfast is fine and the restaurant to and good priced well. If the you want to try the local cuisine there are many options in walking distance.

There is a mini gym but its well equiped.

• Stayed September 2013
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Thomas Z,

Thank you for your kind interest shown to Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere.

It's a great pleasure for us to get a nice review from you. It's always our goal to serve a guest-oriented hospitality and I'm so glad you found the team very friendly and service minded. Hope you will enjoy our restaurant service for the second time!

We are looking forward to see you again in Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere!

Best Regards,
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Having stayed at a few Holiday Inns in Canada and the USA, I wasn't expecting an above average stay at the Holiday Inn in Ankara. I was however pleasantly surprised at the quality, comfort and cleanliness of this hotel. Recently updated, the suites were modern in style with new furniture and fixtures (including the washroom).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Scott U,

Thank you for taking time to write this generous feedback.

It is great to learn that we've lived up to your expectation. It's always our goal to improve our service quality and standards, so we are really glad to hear we are much above the average comparing to other Holiday Inns in USA and Canada.

We look forward to your next visit to Ankara.

Ugur Bur

Been to Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere? Share your experiences!