“A very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Best Apart Hotel

You added Best Apart Hotel to your Saves list
Best Apart Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ugur Mumcunun Sokak No 71 | Gaziosmanpasa, Ankara 06700, Turkey   |
Ranked #64 of 153 Hotels in Ankara
Treia, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
“A very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel more 30 times since 1997 and can only recommend the Hotel.
The rooms are spacious and nice. Some of the rooms gives you a view of the City, as the hotel is on a hill top.
The staff is friendly and very helpfull, and you are in walking distance of Karum and all the restaurants in that area around the Sheraton and Hilton hotels

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side of the hotel gives you a view over the city
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Nice hotel located near the embassy district. Rooms are clean and comfortable and the view from any city facing room is incredible. There is a mosque across the street so the 5am call to prayer can be an issue. Breakfasts are ok but the selection is a little limited and the menu never varies. The Australian embassy uses this hotel for accommodating transferring staff, so if you're from OZ you will always find someone to talk to. Like virtually everywhere in Turkey, the staff are amazingly friendly to small children. Overall, quite good.....would be happy to stay here again

• Stayed November 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was booked into this hotel by a company for work here, I read some of the reviews and had some concerns. 5 * it isn't but the room is large and comfy, with separate seating area, a cooker fridge/freezer washing machine etc. the staff are very welcoming and friendly. Breakfast was buffet style but up there with a lot of hotels I stay at.
It is ageing a little but am sure if a bit of work is put in they will soon sort it. Fresh fruit put in my room which was a nice touch. Also lots of bars and restaurants nearby. Would pick it personally if I came back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tehran, Iran
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We ended up in Ankara to deal with an emergency that required going to the embassy offices there but my family (3 adults and 2 children) were able to have a homely environment at this hotel. We took a 2 bedroom suite with kitchenette. The suite had a spacious living room with TVs in the living room and one bedroom. The kitchenette had an electric cooker, fridge and electric kettle (no microwave though) with cutlery and cooking pots provided on request. There was a washing machine provided in the bathroom (bathtubs). The place is a bit old so has a bit of a musty smell.

The breakfast menu unfortunately is minimal and very repetitive; my kids didn't really enjoy that part. The restaurant provided excellent dishes whenever we used it.

The staff I have to say were very supportive and tried their utmost best to help us in anyway we needed. There aren't many hotels in Ankara offering similar facilities (family suites) and as such this ended up being quite good for us.

Room Tip: Please go knowing that it is not a new flashy place. I believe that in its time, it was a one of a k...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ankara, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

The hotel has standard rooms and one-bedroom apartments, with kitchenette, laundry machine and a small balcony. The apartments are very convenient for a longer stay, if one has business to do in Ankara. The room rates are competitive and the location is handy, if your work is in the trendy Gazi Osman Pasha part of town. The hotel restaurant is basically there for the breakfast buffet. However, there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. There is free wireless internet and a gym. The indoor swimming pool was out of order most of the time. Parking is available free of charge. Most of the staff was very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Side Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

Have just stayed at the Apart Hotel Best for two nıghts. Ground floor staff were very pleasant, Our 2-bed apartment was large and sunny wıth two bathrooms and fully equıpped kıtchen. Breakfast was ıncluded and there was plenty of choıce - buffet style. The heated ındoor pool was adequate for exercıse and deserted at thıs tıme of year. I swam both evenıngs. The hotel overlooks the Ugur Mumcu Park and the sıght where the famous journalıst was kılled. There was plenty of publıc transport ınto the cıty and panoramıc vıews from the breakfast room. :Would defınıtely stay there agaın

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2007

RUN, RUN, RUN to the next hotel.

I went to Ankara on personal business. I looked forward to the trip and I was advised about the Turkish people's tendency to rob people, but in my wildess dream, I did not think of a hotel running up my credit card while in their possession.

I stayed for six nights. Staff, specially female staff were rud and unpleasant. I was a female myself and I just wanted to know where is safe for me to have dinner on my own. The receptionists ignored me and went to do her business. I called upon her again and she told me that she does not know with rude and abrupt voice.

I tried several times with other staff and that was the same.

Upon my check out, I asked for an invoice, I was stunned when I was refused and I had to ask for the manager. Of course, she did not call the manager, but she agreed to give me a detailed bill with a remark that asking for the bill means that I do not trust the staff.

When I checked charges on my credit card, I was stunned to see that I was overcharged by $320. Of course, I am right now, taking it up with my credit card company to fight the charges and I do not know how successful i will be to reverse the charges giving the location and integrity of this hotel and its staff. I certainely do not recommend the hotel or the company that I made the reservation from to anyone. Word of mouth is best advertisement.

• Liked — nothing since I was ripped off!!
  • Disliked — seeing overcharge on my credit card
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)