“Trying, But Still Not 5 Stars” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ankara Hilton SA

You added Ankara Hilton SA to your Saves list
Ankara Hilton SA
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Barbaros Mah. Tahran Cad. No:12 Kavaklidere, Cankaya, Ankara 06700, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #12 of 150 Hotels in Ankara
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bruxelles, BE
“Trying, But Still Not 5 Stars”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a very nice, somewhat older hotel hotel in a pleasant shopping and walking area of Ankara. The service overall is superb! The dining room (especially the lady host) and servers are excellent. The decor and furnishings quite beautiful. However, the food is sometimes not up to par. Do not ever order the bouillabaisse as it is not bouillabaisse, but simply dry seafood with no broth! One of the pizzas I ordered from room service quite upset my stomach!

The classical music in the restaurant is too loud, so there is not that "intimate" feeling while dining. Additionally, the live music from the bar/lounge downstairs drifts up into the restaurant and adds to the cacophony. Therefore, the hotel needs to add plastic panels to the beautiful metal grill-work between floors so that crying babies, luggage carts, and other lobby noises do not intrude on the restaurant.

The executive lounge is beautifully furnished, but the hors' oeuvres are simply neither appealing nor tasty. The service at this lounge is impeccable. The food standard needs a quick upgrade.

The executive deluxe rooms are claustrophobic and only approx. 330 sq feet. Very nicely furnished and newly renovated, but they do not invite a long-term stay however.

A plus: the management and guest services personnel were eager to accept feedback about what I viewed as problematic. This is a hotel that wants to be better. I'm sure they can be and I wish them luck!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
JacquesBrune, General Manager at Ankara Hilton SA, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Rj A,

Thank you for choosing Ankara Hilton SA.

I very much appreciate you taking the time and trouble to let me know of your experience and was pleased to learn that you were generally satisfied, especially with the location and about our service.Comments such as yours are shared with all of our Team Members as an initiative to encourage them to continue their efforts in making our guests feel welcome and ensuring them a pleasant stay.

Regarding to your comments about our food quality which was not satisfied to you enough and I am so sorry to hear that pizza and bouillabaisse were quiet disturbed you. I wish to inform you that we have shared this matter with our Greenhouse Restaurant manager and also with our Executive Chef; your constructive comments will re-evaluate in order to get customer satisfaction in every cases. Additionally, I would like to inform you that we have the plan which is about our acoustic system, hopefully in near future we are going to solve the problem.

I am sorry to hear that during your last visit, the decoration and furnishing of our rooms did not meet with your expectations. Your ideas are very important for us and to be sure that we will take it seriously.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you all again when your travels bring you back to Ankara

Ankara Hilton SA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My third time staying here and once again it was excellent. Rooms are large, clean and comfortable with a nice shower and good bed. Wifi is very strong and the hotel amenities are very nice including an excellent breakfast and nice lobby area. The location is very good for my needs and the hotel is within walking distance of many bars, restaurants and shops. The airport is approx 30/40 mins by taxi at approx 80-90TL. Gym is very good but the pool is a let down as they won't let you in unless you have a swimming hat which you must buy from them - i wish they had ones you could borrow for free. Other than that the hotel is excellent and i would highly recommend.

Dear Jamsimsafe,

Thank you for choosing Ankara Hilton SA.

I very much appreciate you taking the time and trouble to let me know of your experience and was pleased to learn that you were so fully satisfied with your stay. It has made me very happy to know you shared positive comments about our comfort of bedding large and clean room

Moreover, nice to hear that our breakfast service met with your expectations. Your nice comments are shared with all of our Team Members as an initiative to encourage them to continue their efforts in making our guests feel welcome and ensuring them a pleasant stay.

In addition to this, Hygiene and health of our guest’s is one of priorities in our Health Club. Therefore it is required for every guest to have their own bonnet for pool use.

Thank you very much again for your thoughtful comments and have a big pleasure that you deem us worthy of highly recommend.

I look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Ankara

Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have lived in Turkey for over 7 years. We stayed in the Hilton upon arrival to this country. Then we moved to another city and traveled back and forth for 3 years. We spent as much time here at the Hilton as we did our home. The Hilton staff became like family and we loved the location. Sometimes the room was too hot or the internet was slow, but the service and kindness always made up for that. The exectutive lounge is beautiful and nice. The atmosphere is pleasing. The breakfast is always delicious! We even enjoy going in and out of the parking garage, because the staff is so nice. Now we are moving back to America and staying at the Ankara Hilton one last time. Everyone has been so kind and truly sorry to see us leave. We will miss everyone!

Dear Ms. JDobson007,

It is amazing to see that you did enjoy and stayed loyal to our hotel, Ankara Hilton SA !
Highly appretiated and proud for all the team thta you considered as your home.

I have noted that you faced couple of issues with AC and Internet connection but the friendliness and service of our team made your stay enjoyable.We are working and investing to fix both issues.

Moreover, I am glad that you had a perfect experience at our executive lounge and about our breakfast buffet. Your nice review about our service has been shared with the hotel team and I am so glad you mentioned it in your review.

Thank you very much again for your thoughtful comments and have a big pleasure to know that you are going to miss us. To be sure that Ankara Hilton SA always will be a second family for you.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to Ankara Hilton SA for your next trip.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was my 3rd stay in the hotel - all for business with big delegations - and as usual I was not dissapointed. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet excellent. Complementary water in the rooms.
Procedure for renting a meeting room in advance is easy and efficient. The location is very good and the rooms big with nice beds.Did not use pool this time - but did during previous visits and it was nice. Free wifi.
I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
JacquesBrune, General Manager at Ankara Hilton SA, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Ms. MarianneBL,

It is amazing to see that you did enjoy your Ankara Hilton SA experience in Ankara!

I have noted that you were generally satisfied about our staff and good breakfast buffet. Also it is great to hear that renting a meeting room organization be solved immediately. Moreover, I am delighted to read that you were very happy with the room, the location of the hotel and the swimming pool.

I look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Ankara.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just there for one night, room was great, breakfast very good and attention by all service staff just right. Would stay there again. Our friends had room service for dinner and were very complimentary of the quality, portions and overall service.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Jım M,

Thank you for your kind and gracious comment. It is wonderful to receive such feedback and I genuinely thank you for taking the time to write one.

I am glad that you had a perfect experience at our hotel about rooms and breakfast. Your nice review about our service has been shared with the hotel team and I am so glad you mentioned it in your review. It is very nice to hear that you liked our quality of room service dinner as well.

Ashbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Located close to the Embassy district, this hotel is a great spot form us ones or pleasure.

The rooms are well appointed and I found them to be peaceful.

The staff that I encountered were friendly and polite.

I used the Executive lounge and found it very quiet and useful for work during the day if you needed to leave the room for a bit of fresh air.

Didn't use the pool.

Recommended.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
JacquesBrune, General Manager at Ankara Hilton SA, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Mr. Mclachlan 4321,

Warm greetings from Ankara Hilton SA!

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. It has made me very happy to know you shared positive comments about our location and appointed of the rooms. Meanwhile, we would like to thank you for your valuable comments for our team members and our executive lounge, which increase our motivation to serve you even better. Also for your future visit hopefully, you will take the opportunity to benefit from our swimming pool.

I look forward to welcoming you again and making your future stays most memorable and enjoyable.

Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I like boutique hotels. Hilton cannot be identified as such. As I started to become a frequent visitor to Ankara I found Hilton's Location to be most convenient and figured out that a homely/friendly relationship began to brew between us. Now it is my address in Ankara and has become my boutique hotel. Breakfasts are my favourite. The staff is kind, friendly. Ankara Hilton makes me happy.

Room Tip: Rooms looking southwest are quieter