“High Rise Hotel In Trendy Area of Ankara” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ankara Hilton SA

Save Saved
You added Ankara Hilton SA to your Saves list
Ankara Hilton SA
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Barbaros Mah. Tahran Cad. No:12 Kavaklidere, Cankaya, Ankara 06700, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale From TRY 310
Ranked #14 of 143 hotels in Ankara
Istanbul, Turkey
“High Rise Hotel In Trendy Area of Ankara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for a couple of days. In this high rise hotel, with great views of Ankara and the surrounding mountains. My bedroom was well up in the clouds and offered great views of the approaching thunderstorms. Location wise, it is a trendy almost village like part of Ankara, a short distance from many of the Embassies.

On arrival, the car keys were taken and the car was parked for us (had it been Glasgow, we might never have seen the car again). Check-in staff allocated a room in the clouds!

The room was fairly typical Hilton. No issues here!. Breakfast was included in the rate and it was a reasonable, buffet style breakfast.

I used the gym facilities and the pool twice in my 2 day stay. The pool area was pleasant, with an outside terrace and the gym equipment was all very modern.

The hotel was clean throughout and all the staff were very pleasant.

On departure, the car was returned (thankfully!) and the doormen even supplied a couple of small bottles of water for the onward journey - A nice departing touch.

Would I stay again ? - Of course!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

In my last trip to Turkey, I stayed at several Hilton hotels. This hotel was one of the good ones.

Good room, great buffet breakfast. Internet was expensive. The personnel was efficient, no complaints.

Room Tip: With the Hilton Honors card you get 25% discount in the Internet use.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chula Vista, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Ankara Hilton with a Gate 1 tour and found it to be very comfortable. We were very tired after a long day of traveling and had to get up very early the next morning so we didn't use any of the amenities, but our room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. We would have liked the room air conditioning to be a little cooler but it was still acceptable. We did not eat dinner at the hotel, opting instead for a local restaurant nearby. There are plenty of food options within reasonable walking distance and the hotel is in a nice area so we felt perfectly safe. The included breakfast was fine if not great. Overall we had a very good stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have enjoyed it very much. The views from higher floors are great, the restaurants in the area are plentiful, the executive lounge is fabulous (Murat takes great care of the guests), and there is lots of great 'walking' available in the area.

There has been one lingering and annoying aspect of the hotel that has now been addressed since my last stay: connecting to the Internet no longer involves interfacing with a very non-intuitive front end that, at times, challenged me not to toss whichever electronic device I am trying to connect out the window (please note, I am an IT expert).

The horrible front end has been done away with, I can connect the 4+ devices I travel with to the Internet without being tormented by having to manage multiple accounts, and the bandwidth was quite adequate for typical business traveler demands (Skype, news video, exchanging correspondence with the mother-ship, etc). I will say that coverage in the common hotel areas was a bit spotty in places and could use improvement. But, as petty as my commentary may sound given what others in the world are facing, one less annoyance to a guy who does not want to be traveling anyway is always a welcomed thing.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
jbrune, General Manager at Ankara Hilton SA, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Alex B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience in Trip advisor.

I was delighted to learn that our facilities met with your needs as a business traveller and that you were very satisfied with your stay, especially with our Restaurant
and Executive Lounge.

I am also pleased to hear that Murat was attentive and helpful at the Executive Lounge. I have gladly shared these with him and taken the liberty of adding my own thanks.

Regarding your comments about our internet connection, we had some improvement on our internet connection and it is so nice to learn that
you had smooth connection during your stay.

Thank you once again for your gracious comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stoney Creek, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have arrived to hotel last night very late ( close to 11 pm). I have specifically asked for kids bed in a room as we are traveling with 3 year old. And at the receptions we were told the bed is in the room. First of all the room we were given was right next to elevator, which considering we have a kid was not good. There was no bed in the room for kid. The room was changed to a better located one but it took about 45 min to get us a bed for a very tired kid. And the bed was pink, though it was very obvious we were traveling with boy. If you can't match the bedding to the sex of a child- May be you should make beds neutral ( green or yellow)?
There was no extra towels in the room, again good hotels know that traveling with children involves extra towels.
And there is huge red stain in the middle of white curtains...
I am not impressed. We come to ankara every year to visit friends and family and I think I will try different hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Alvianta,

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us during your recent visit to Ankara and for your constructive review.

I am very sorry to hear that during your last visit, you had a disappointing experience, especially with your room and baby coat.
I regret that on this occasion we have not provided you with the level of service that you are entitled to expect from Hilton Worldwide.

Our aim is to deliver the best experience to every guest, obviously we did not succeed.
I took very seriously your comment and share it with my team, we will handle it with care to avoid such bad experience to make the best use of your valuable remarks.

I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Ankara.
Feel free to contact me in regards to your previous stay or any in the future.

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hilton Ankara is one of the best hotels to stay with its welcoming professional staff and excellent service. I enjoyed my staying and find it to be Highly recommended. I particularly enjoyed the central location of the hotel, walking distance to the main shopping area as well as other important facilities.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Unal C,

Thank you very much for your loyalty as well as for your gracious review.

We very much appreciate your very gracious remarks concerning the quality of service which you encountered from our Team Members.
Comments such as yours are shared with all of our Team Members as an initiative to encourage them to continue their efforts in making our guests feel welcome and ensuring them a pleasant stay.

We are also delighted to hear that you found our location so convenient.

We do hope to have a chance to welcome you back at the Ankara Hilton SA.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The title says it all. I stayed here for a business trip June 2014. I needed transportation to a remote area and the hotel managed it for me. It came out quite nicely.

The staff was very attentive, including checking on me to see if everything was OK. This is likely due to my status with the Hilton chain, but they still seemed to be going out of their way.

I ate from the room service menu at the hotel. The delivery was quick and the food was still hot, a problem at many hotels. The TV have very few English channels. This is not a fault of the hotel but the info may be useful to language challenged folk like myself.

The internet was slow and faded in and out, causing a bit of frustration for me as I spend lots of time on Skype. It was definitely not good enough for 2 way video and sometimes even for audio only.

The room's decor was dated and not as nice as many of the Hiltons where I have stayed. It was more at the level of one of their lower brands, Hilton Garden Inn.

Altogether a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear MVakSmith,

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us while in Ankara recently and for your review.

I am delighted to learn that you found our Team Members helpful and attentive. I am very proud of them and I have already shared your
opinions with my Team.

It is also nice to hear that although you had some troubles with some hotels for the room service orders, you were satisfied with our room service. Thank you
for sharing kind of things in Tripadvisor.

On the other hand, we thank you very much for you valuable comments regarding our Internet connection. I wish to inform you that we have shared this matter with our Information Systems Coordinator and it would be his pleasure to provide you a personalized assistance to ensure you have a convenient internet connection for your future visits.

Further to your comments regarding renovation needs of our rooms, we have already redesigned our main entrance, Lobby, Restaurants and top two floors.
We have also renovation plan for other floors.
Our main aim is to deliver the best standards to our guest and we hope that the design and overall appearance will meet with your expectation.

Ankara Hilton SA

Been to Ankara Hilton SA? Share your experiences!