“Internet service much improved...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ankara Hilton SA

Save Saved
You added Ankara Hilton SA to your Saves list
Ankara Hilton SA
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Barbaros Mah. Tahran Cad. No:12 Kavaklidere, Cankaya, Ankara 06700, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale From TRY 310
Ranked #14 of 142 hotels in Ankara
“Internet service much improved...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have enjoyed it very much. The views from higher floors are great, the restaurants in the area are plentiful, the executive lounge is fabulous (Murat takes great care of the guests), and there is lots of great 'walking' available in the area.

There has been one lingering and annoying aspect of the hotel that has now been addressed since my last stay: connecting to the Internet no longer involves interfacing with a very non-intuitive front end that, at times, challenged me not to toss whichever electronic device I am trying to connect out the window (please note, I am an IT expert).

The horrible front end has been done away with, I can connect the 4+ devices I travel with to the Internet without being tormented by having to manage multiple accounts, and the bandwidth was quite adequate for typical business traveler demands (Skype, news video, exchanging correspondence with the mother-ship, etc). I will say that coverage in the common hotel areas was a bit spotty in places and could use improvement. But, as petty as my commentary may sound given what others in the world are facing, one less annoyance to a guy who does not want to be traveling anyway is always a welcomed thing.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Stoney Creek, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have arrived to hotel last night very late ( close to 11 pm). I have specifically asked for kids bed in a room as we are traveling with 3 year old. And at the receptions we were told the bed is in the room. First of all the room we were given was right next to elevator, which considering we have a kid was not good. There was no bed in the room for kid. The room was changed to a better located one but it took about 45 min to get us a bed for a very tired kid. And the bed was pink, though it was very obvious we were traveling with boy. If you can't match the bedding to the sex of a child- May be you should make beds neutral ( green or yellow)?
There was no extra towels in the room, again good hotels know that traveling with children involves extra towels.
And there is huge red stain in the middle of white curtains...
I am not impressed. We come to ankara every year to visit friends and family and I think I will try different hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Hilton Ankara is one of the best hotels to stay with its welcoming professional staff and excellent service. I enjoyed my staying and find it to be Highly recommended. I particularly enjoyed the central location of the hotel, walking distance to the main shopping area as well as other important facilities.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The title says it all. I stayed here for a business trip June 2014. I needed transportation to a remote area and the hotel managed it for me. It came out quite nicely.

The staff was very attentive, including checking on me to see if everything was OK. This is likely due to my status with the Hilton chain, but they still seemed to be going out of their way.

I ate from the room service menu at the hotel. The delivery was quick and the food was still hot, a problem at many hotels. The TV have very few English channels. This is not a fault of the hotel but the info may be useful to language challenged folk like myself.

The internet was slow and faded in and out, causing a bit of frustration for me as I spend lots of time on Skype. It was definitely not good enough for 2 way video and sometimes even for audio only.

The room's decor was dated and not as nice as many of the Hiltons where I have stayed. It was more at the level of one of their lower brands, Hilton Garden Inn.

Altogether a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After several visits to the Sheraton over the years, I decided to try the Hilton. In June I visited twice experiencing the executive and standard rooms. The executive rooms are of an excellent standard and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The standard rooms are fine although I felt that the bathroom could do with a bit of an update.
Best of all are the staff. Reception staff are always courteous and friendly and the bar staff are very personable. I was not that impressed with the restaurant, but there are many to choose from within 5 mins walk, so no problem there. All in all an excellent hotel, and I will be back again shortly.

Stayed June 2014
jbrune, General Manager at Ankara Hilton SA, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Jezmond C,

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us during your recent visit to Ankara and for your thoughtful review.

I am delighted to learned that you were satisfied with our services, especially with the Executive Floor services.
Although, you shared your positive comments about our Executive Rooms, thank you for sharing your constructive comments regarding the standards rooms bathroom update.

It is very nice to hear that you found our Team Members, helpful and friendly.
Comments such as yours are shared with all of our Team Members as an initiative to encourage them to continue their efforts in making our guests feel welcome and ensuring them a pleasant stay.

For your next visit, if you will give us a chance for the Restaurant, our Executive Chef will be pleased to cook one of your favourite dish.

I would like to thank you once again, and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again with us in the near future.

İstanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Once more Hilton shows what’s being a brand. A really nice hotel for business trips. Perfect location. Walking distance to Tunali a main street with a lot of opportunities for shopping and dining. The room was perfect clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Kenan Yasar S,

Thank you for staying with us while in Ankara recently and for your kind review.

I was delighted to learn that our facilities met with your needs as a business traveller. You were very satisfied with your stay, especially with the cleanliness of our rooms.

We thank you once again for your gracious remarks and look forward to welcoming you back soon at the Ankara Hilton SA.

San Jose, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Shower did not work, and the hot water almost caused 1st degree burns. I almost fell out of shower under hot water. The hotel did not offer to change our rooms until 1 hour or so from checkout time. Given the price of the rooms, I will look elsewhere for better/newer hotels

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

jbrune, General Manager at Ankara Hilton SA, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Tolga A,

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us during your recent visit to Ankara.

I am very sorry and would like to apologize for the hot shower pain your sister suffered.
I hope she recovered well.

We have a very strong preventive maintenance program to anticipate any issues and offer to our guest a comfortable and safe stay in our hotel. Unfortunately, we have not been able to fix the shower tap before the stay.
I can confirm you that the problem has been fixed right away on day of check out.
I took very seriously your comment and therefore, I have already shared with our Chief Engineer and Front Office Team in order to prevent similar problems.

Our policy is to solve the problem on the spot whenever it is possible.
Changing bedroom is a solution that could have been applied. We let the last word to the guest decision as it can be annoying to move out and check in to another bedroom even though we provide all assistance.

Should you be returning to Ankara, would you consider contacting my office so I could personally make all of the arrangements for your next stay.

Thank you once again for your review.

Ankara Hilton SA

Been to Ankara Hilton SA? Share your experiences!