“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Ankara

You added JW Marriott Hotel Ankara to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Ankara
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kizilirmak Mah. Muhsin Yazicioglu Cad. No: 1 Sogutozu, Ankara 06520, Turkey (Çankaya)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
15% off
Ranked #1 of 145 Hotels in Ankara
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is hotel is everything a JW Marriott should be. Superb décor...outstanding service and facilities. The restaurants and food are simply outstanding. This is a completely faultless hotel. In my view the management of the JW Marriott Cannes should visit this hotel - they may learn a thing or two. Excellent - Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
ALBERTHELMS, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Phil-Angie2014 ,

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor about your experience at the JW Marriott Ankara . It has been a pleasure to have you as our guest .

I am delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were pleased with the hotel decor , restaurants , foods as well as the service .

Your kind comments are much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

ALBERT HELMS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Hannover, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed in this Hotel several times, for business purposes, and I wont stay in another Hotel in Ankara is This Hotel is still providing this type of service. Basically everything is perfect, from food to amenities. Restaurants that fit all your types are available. Rooms are well cleaned and equipped. This is another J W Marriott which I would say a perfect place in all means.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ali I ,

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Ankara and posting your positive reviews on Trip Advisor .

It is nice to hear that you had several enjoyable stays at the hotel and were pleased with the choice of restaurants , the hotel facilities as well as the guest room allocated for your stay.

Thank you again and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Ankara .

Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

When relocating to Ankara last year myself and my partner stayed at JW Marriott for 3 months while we looked for somewhere permanent to live. Staying at this hotel was a great welcome to the city and helped us settle in. It is located across the street from a shopping mall which includes cinema, restaurants and bars. The hotel is beautiful, everything is in excellent condition and spotlessly clean. There is a large indoor and outdoor pool. Relocating from Dubai I didn't fully appreciate how rare it is to find an outdoor pool in Ankara although I certainly do now. The gym is great and holds regular fitness classes although you need to book ahead as the classes are popular. The Turkish Hammam and Massage Service were 5 star. We particularly enjoyed the hot stone relaxation chairs in the Spa. Whilst staying at the hotel I started to attend Turkish lessons in the city and Mustafa would help me to practise what I had learned when I returned. The valets were always helpful by ensuring the taxi we took from the hotel knew where to take us by giving directions in Turkish before we got in the car as the majority of taxi drivers in Ankara do not speak English. The JW Steakhouse serves one of the best steaks in the city and has a great selection of wine and cocktails. We tried almost everything on the room service menu and everything was good quality. My partner is celiac and the chefs were more than happy to alter dishes to suit his needs. Fires & Flavours restaurant hosts a number of international theme nights. The selection of international food in Ankara overall is quite limited in my opinion. There are only a few restaurants in Ankara serving Asian/Mexican/Indian food and sometimes the quality is quite average. At JW Marriott we attended Mexican night and Thanksgiving dinner and have since been back for the Indian food festival as we know that the standard of international food is good at the hotel. Breakfast in Fires & Flavours restaurant was a real treat because of the wide selection of food available everyday. The staff got to know my partner very well and would greet him with a handshake every morning. He got along particularly well with Ali as they share a lot of common interests and hobbies. The staff were very proactive and would start to prepare his morning coffee as soon as he entered the restaurant without being asked and would spend 10-15 minutes chatting with him. By the end of our stay he had got to know them very well and he missed seeing them at breakfast time when we finally checked out. After staying here for 3 months I can honestly say this hotel is fantastic. It is the personal touch along with consistently excellent service that really set it apart from others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ALBERTHELMS, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Louise W ,

Merhaba Nasılsınız ?

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor about your experience at the JW Marriott Ankara .

It has been a pleasure reading your amazing review and note that you had a memorable stay with us . Your positive remarks with regards to the hotel facilities, food and beverage outlets
( Fires & Flavours and Steak House ) the Karma Spa ( fitness , indoor and outdoor swimming pools , Hamam ) is very much appreciated.

Thank you for considering our associates friendly and helpful. We are very much touched and honored. I also thank you for mentioning some of our staff by name, I will make sure they read your comments and recognize them for the hospitality they provide.

Thank you very much for the very detailed feedback, it is always rewarding to know that our guests enjoy their stay with us. It was indeed a pleasure to have you as our guests.

Dear Louise W , we hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is, by far, one of the best Marriott hotels I have been to yet. Actually, I have traveled quite a bit, and I believe that this hotel has THE best gym I have ever seen at a hotel. It had many treadmills, ellipticals, other machines, even a rowing machine, medicine balls AND rollers. It had two pools which are impressive as well.
Next to their gym, breakfast buffet is just wow, that's all I can say. I didn't know where to start.
Definitely am looking forward to staying here again.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Diana O ,

Thank you for taking the time and recommending us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay with us and consider it to be as one of the best hotel experience you have received so far.

I am also happy to read your compliments about the KARMA SPA and excellent breakfast .

Thank you once again and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

somewhere
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Waited until I've had multiple stays here to write a review.

If I had to squeeze a criticism, the service isn't absolutely tip-top intuitive and discreet and polished as in the worlds premium hotels. But again, this is JWM, not Ritz, so I cannot fault them for that. They are by and large very very nice and helpful and attentive. I had to TRY to be picky to even write this paragraph.

Otherwise, the property itself is fantastic, rooms are comfortable, lobby and public facilities are the best aspect - spacious, never crowded, well-designed. Actual steaks in steak restaurant isnt up to par but everything else about it is enjoyable.

Hard to say anything else... pretty good value and surely you'll have an utterly pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
ALBERTHELMS, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Justarandomperson ,

Thank you very much for sharing your reviews after your last stay at JW Marriott Ankara . I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed our spacious and deluxe rooms .

Also , we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay one of our top luxury brands Ritz Carlton. We feel it important to show our concern for the guest service that you experienced therefore your comments will be evaluated on the highest level.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the J.W. Marriott Ankara in the not too distant future and assure you of the best attention at all times.

Istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

JW Marriott Ankara is one of the best hotel in Europe and Middle East by far. I have stayed with my family and enjoyed all the services at the hotel. All the staff very professional and friendly and especially front office staff is the best one in my all time experience.

Food is excellent with very reasonable price and SPA facilities are fabulous.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ALBERTHELMS, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear emrah_yuzuak ,

Thank you very much for the excellent rating and for taking the time to write this review.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay, and that the services and facilities were up to your expectations.

I am very much honored and touched with your nice comments about our staff . Our staff are totally service focused and do their very best to ensure that your stay with us is enjoyable .

Thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back to the J.W. Marriott in the not too distant future .

Coronado, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

You will be hard pressed to find a finer JW Marriott. The hotel is impeccably maintained...the rooms, hallways, elevators, lobby and even the gym are all spotless. The attention to detail is amazing...this hotel sets the standard for others to try and exceed. The staff was extremely courteous, friendly and solicitous. I felt exceptionally well cared for during my stay. The Executive Lounge was outstanding with a wide selection of breakfast items and heavy hors d'oeuvres/light dinner items in the evening. As others have noted, it does require a cab ride to get into the city center, but I view that as a very minor inconvenience in order to reside at a hotel of this caliber. If you are seeking a five star hotel with service that matches that rating, then I highly recommend a stay at this JW.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ALBERTHELMS, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear PS5141 ,

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review and giving us an excellent rating.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the offerings in the Executive Lounge and I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and will be sure to pass your comments onto the team.

We look forward to your next visit and thank you again for this great review .

ALBERT HELMS

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Ankara? Share your experiences!