“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Ankara

You added JW Marriott Hotel Ankara to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Ankara
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kizilirmak Mah. Muhsin Yazicioglu Cad. No: 1 Sogutozu, Ankara 06520, Turkey (Çankaya)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
15% off
Ranked #1 of 145 Hotels in Ankara
Cordoba, Spain
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This hotel is excellent in all ways. The staff is extremely well trained and professional. It will be difficult to stay in elsewhere as we will be always comparing to this stay. Many congratulations to the hotel management and staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ALBERT H, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear HotelImpressions ,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of your stay with us on Trip Advisor. We value all comments irrespective of whether they are complimentary or offer constructive criticism. Your comments are gratefully appreciated as they assist us in striving for excellence.

We are extremely touched and honored with your nice comments about our hotel and staff.

Thank you again and we look forward to your welcoming you to the JW Ankara again soon.

Yours sincerely ,

Albert Helms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Otterbach, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have been staying at the JW Marriott since the end of October for business and it has been amazing. There is an excellent jazz bar, free executive lounge access for Gold Members and above, and a top notch steakhouse on the main flour. The gym rivals that of a full blown membership gym and their is an exceptional spa as well. I can say, without a doubt, that the best massage I've ever gotten was at this spa. The breakfast buffet has everything that you could want and the entire staff has been amazing. After a week or so, the staff knew my name and even knew when I was coming off a night shift and if I'd want a coffee or not at breakfast. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and the staff. The only downside I can think of is the construction next to it, but even sleeping through the noise during the day is made easy as the bed, sheets, and pillows are outstanding. For those staying in Ankara, this has got to be the number one place for family, friends, couples, and business. It has legitimately ruined my chances of being happy in any other affordable hotel.

Room Tip: One side faces construction, while the other side faces a mall and busy road. The windows block mos...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear A_Traveling_Duo ,

We are extremely touched and honored with your nice comments about our staff . They are
totally service focused and do their very best to ensure that your stay with us is enjoyable and make a point of endeavouring to remember the name of the guests they serve.

The J.W. Marriott is located in a new fast developing part of the city. The large amount of construction going on in the area is clear evidence of the confidence that this part of the city is the new hub!

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit to Ankara.

With kind regards ,
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is by far the best business hotel in the city. Always good to be back. Checkin and checkout is usually pretty slow. Excellent jazz bar and steakhouse. Best rooms in Ankara with a good location. Despite certain pitfalls, this is still the best business hotel in the city.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

After traveling the world for the last twenty years staying in ever brand and every cost hotels, B&B’s and Hostels; this Marriott was simply the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

The staff is absolutely amazing. Many high dollar hotels have rather stuffy staff, but Marriott staffed this hotel wonderfully. From front desk to house cleaning to morning breakfast, I have never experienced such a lovely, helpful, endearing group of people.

The rooms are top notch. Outlets were they need to be, bathrooms that look and function wonderfully, chairs, desk, computer and entertainment hookups, are all perfect. Well done.
Breakfast was a daily trip to food heaven. After 30 days at the hotel, I repeated only three meals at breakfast. There was so much to choose from. The juicer was a hit as well. My kids thoroughly enjoyed trying different combinations of fruit juices. Cooked to order everything it seemed! Yet despite all the wonderful items available, it was the morning staff that made it so much more a perfect experience.

I have stayed at other hotels in Ankara, and you need not continue looking. Reserve your room, and stay at the Marriott.

Room Tip: Any one of them
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I was in Ankara for a family visit after spending a long time in USA. We decided to have getaway for a night with my wife and chose to stay at this hotel. I was recognized as a Platinum Member during check-in. As a result I received entrance to the Executive Lounge on 22nd floor with a permit for one visitor and also a choice between 500 bonus points or drinks & cookies. I was really hopping for a room upgrade because of my platinum level but I was denied upgrade.

We were given a room on 10th floor. The room was great and had a luxurious feeling inside. The view was also great. Unfortunately, we couldn't get a good night's sleep because of the metallic noise coming from the air conditioner every 30 minutes or so after 4am. My guess is that the expansion caused by the hot/cold air was causing the noise. Regardless, despite the room being very quiet, this noise was a big nuisance for us.

The experience in the executive lounge was simply perfect. Seriously I have been in hotels all over the world was given access to many free lounges because of my level and it doesn't get any better than this. May be the Radisson Blu Aqua in Chicago was better but that's only because it had great Chicago views.

The SPA, fitness center was also perfect. I received a massage which turned out to be a joy. But the biggest thing we were hopping to get from this getaway was to use the pool. It turned out that the pool was closed on both days we were there because of cleaning and it was to be opened the day after our check-out. I really wish that we were warned during check-in. We would have just came back another day when the pool was ready. This was a big let down for us. I complained about it but it was a futile attempt.

All in all it was a good stay but it could have been better.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
KAJ64, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear TTT82,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and share with us your experience at the JW Marriott Ankara.

We certainly appreciate your loyalty and value your business; as a Platinum member you are entitled for a room upgrade upon availability and I sincerely apologize for not having that availability during your stay. As you correctly pointed out, our rooms are spacious and offer great deal of comfort throughout the hotel. I am glad that despite the availability of room upgrade, you were able to enjoy the executive lounge facilities and services.

I also apologize for not having the pool available during your stay, it is a rare event that we have to close the pool and I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy it.

Kindly let us know of your next visit and I will ensure a proper room upgrade and provide you with the level of services you would expect from the JW Marriott Ankara.

Thank you again for your time in writing this review and we look forward to your next visit.

Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I had a one-night stay in JW Marriott where I was received in a highly respectable manner which was apparently going to be a reflection of the quality of the general accommodation conditions of the hotel. The comfort provided in the room is unmatched when compared to other hotels in Ankara. The only problem was that my door was knocked very early in the morning for cleaning purposes. When regarded within the overall services of JW Marriott, it rather seems unimportant.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barkin O,

We are delighted to read your review and to learn that you were pleased with your stay at the JW Marriott Ankara.

Thank you so much for the excellent ratings you gave us and for your valuable feedback.

Please accept my apologies for the early disturbance from our housekeeping team, I would like to kindly point out that all our rooms are equipped with electronic "do not disturb" bottoms placed next to the bed side that we advice you to use them for your added comfort on your next visit.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Absolutely top notch service and amenities. The locals told me it is the best hotel in the city. I know it worked great for me. Rooms are outstanding. Executive club on 22nd floor is a great thing. Only downsides I can think of are the distance to the airport, and the steakhouse restaurant in the lobby is less than stellar.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
KAJ64, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Jesse S

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share with us your experience at the JW Ankara.
I am glad to read that you had a very good stay overall and appreciate the excellent rating you gave us.

Sincerely
Khaled Al Jamal

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Ankara? Share your experiences!