“Super Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Divan Cukurhan

Save Saved
You added Divan Cukurhan to your Saves list
Divan Cukurhan
5.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Tarihi Ankara Kalesi Necati Bey, Ankara, Turkey   |
Ranked #1 of 142 hotels in Ankara
London, United Kingdom
“Super Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

The Cukurhan is a lovely boutique hotel, and really was a great place to stay in Ankara. All the rooms are individually furnished, and are terribly comfortable. The staff were polite and friendly, although at times their English was a little hard to understand. There are quite a few decent restaurants in the vicinity, as well as the excellent Cengelhan Rahmi M. Koc Museum next door, and Ankara Castle with some great views. I had some issues with my shower head (water was coming out of the side, rather than down through the holes) – this wasn’t really sorted out, but I was moved to a different room (which also had the same problem, but I could live with it). I also had issues with the heat in the room – it was too hot, so I had to turn the air con on, something I wasn’t expecting to have to do in January!
There is a lovely seating area in the lobby. Sadly I didn’t try out the bar or restaurant, but will definitely stop by my next time in Ankara.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I spent 3 nights in this hotel
At a first sight it looks like an alpine hotel. Lots of wood, curtains, pictures on the wall
The rooms are ( I guess at least) different from each others. My was wide, with very comfortable bed, with a huge bathroom, with both shower and bath-tube.
The service was excellent and the hotel overall very clean. Quite far from downtown (does a real downtown exists in Ankara ?), but very close to the ancient city and the main museum.
Breakfast was also "typical" (may be unusual), good.
I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Porto, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I stayed two nights in this hotel on a business trip, and I had one of the greatest experiences ever in a hotel.
Since the check in until check out everything was perfect!
The staff, on reception, room service and restaurant were very helpfull and efficient.
The food was great, good portions, good quality and nice selection available of food and beverage.
The location is good, sometimes difficult to get there because the traffic, but when you arrive you have the Ankara´s castle in front of the hotel and a big bazar all around, just a short walk away from the main door of the hotel.

But the thing that was more outstanding on my visit was the hotel building itself, is unique, i stayed only 2 nights, but even if I stayed a week, everyday you find something new on the decoration. is great!
The bedroom was fantastic, with a Nespresso machine, big flat TV, large bed, good decoration, iPhone gadgets (ambience music), but the toilet was the best ever! so big...!
With a great bathtub, double sinks, big mirros with lights, shower apart from the bathtub. I loved!

This will be for sure the hotel I want to stay everytime I´ll visit Anakra.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel is absolutely lovely. It's likely staying in a museum. The staff is super friendly and nice, room is lovely and the bathroom great, however, as experienced by another guest, the wifi internet did not work in my room. There is no minibar, although I did not find that a problem. The room service food was good, but the selection quite limited. The location of the hotel is in the old city, on top of a hill, so it's a bit remote, on the other hand it is authentic and old, rather than new and crowded. I LOVE this hotel, but people who do not share my preferences may not. I will be staying there next time I go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights, my room was luxurious and big! I had 2 sinks to myself, a bath tub with Jacuzzi, a separate shower with rain and waterfall heads, separate, a loo, and of course a room. the bed was ever so comfortable, i had a chaise longe with foot rest and my own nespresso machine, I was in heaven just in my room! but what makes this hotel is the furnishings, each room is decorated differently. From African styles, to Oriental to French Louis 16, each unique and tasteful. The building is a former caravansarie restored beautifully. the breakfast was eggs of choice, olives, breads, honey, preserves, salad, juices, yoghurt, cheeses and coffee or tea. all tasty. I ate several times in the restaurant, but I didn't enjoy the food as much, one time it was microwaved the other 2 times tasteless and oily, but I am still giving it 5 stars for the hotel itself and I would stay again but eat down the hill.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Very modern,very comfortable hotel. Staff were very friendly and accomodating and the service was excellent. My room was spacious, very comfortable with modern finishings. The location is close to shops, cafes and a park. Located about 45 + minutes from the airport. Pub/cafe and restuarant provided a varied selection of food. Popular spot on Friday night. I was highly recommend this hotel and look forward to returning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I think it would be simply unfair to rate Divan Cukurhan as a great hotel only among Ankara hotels...it is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed...Divan Cukurhan does not only provide you a standard, good service during your stay, but all our customized requests were met with highest level of urgency and politeness...extremely friendly staff creates a home-like environment while the uniqueness of the decoration in each room and the exotic decoration of the hotel itself is something one need to experience...10 out of 10 in all respects...

congratulations to a great management and staff that make it happen.
Ilgin Erdogan

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Divan Cukurhan? Share your experiences!