“Best hotel that I stayed in Ankara” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Monec

Save Saved
You added Hotel Monec to your Saves list
Hotel Monec
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Esat Ozoguz Sk No:5 | Oran, Ankara 06450, Turkey (Çankaya)   |
Ranked #33 of 141 hotels in Ankara
Skippack, Pennsylvania
“Best hotel that I stayed in Ankara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel has everything. It is spotless and the rooms are rather large. Looks great on the outside and inside. The rates are very reasonable and the staff is friendly. I had a minor issue with my room and it was repaired within hours. This hotel is next to a nice small mall. Plenty of food to chose from. Food is good in and outside of hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

12 people have reviewed this hotel

• Turkish first
Baku
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

If you have to go to Ankara for business, then this is as good an option as any, particularly if you're dealing with foreign embassies of which there are plenty nearby. It's a stock-standard 4* business hotel, well appointed, clean, comfortable and affordable.

The downside is that it's on the southern outskirts of town and around 50kms from the airport. It's also about a 20min - 1 hour ride to the city centre depending on the traffic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

For business I had to visit Ankara, as this was my first visit I could hardly decide which hotel I should choose. I went there with my husband and 5 years old son, by car. When we arrived we were really surprised by the spacious and luxury suite. The room was clean and spacious,well decorated and had a nice view and balcony. The bathroom was also great, there was jacuzzi. Wireless was free in the room, there was a table for working and reading. Besides we had a small ktichen like cabinet with cattle, cups and tea,nescafe etc. The staff was really kind, we also had a brunch at the roof restaurant which had a magnificent view,the food was delicious and there was live piano music at Sunday brunch. The hotel isn't at the center of Ankara but its worth to stay there, it isn't a problem if you have a car, you go to center in 20 minutes. Anyway I prefer to stay at this beautiful, silent and luxury hotel instead of staying at the noisy hotels close to the center. I stayed there only one night but I would certainly stay there if I have to visit Ankara in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

The facility or the building itself is impeccable except the gym is not open. (For some reason, not open yet or in renovation) The service is a long way to 5 star or 4 star level. Communication to the front desk is a bit difficult due to insufficient English proficiency. They seem to be very new to their business, have no idea what the international standards are in terms of handling and copying passports, check in procedures etc. The whole check-in procedure took 15 minutes for 6 of us.

They cannot arrange a city tour, either too lazy or no resources, I had to search online myself. With all Turkish information listed on website, this was an extreme difficult job.

The worst part of the whole stay was that when we checked out, we were charged for drinks that we didn't consume. The cleaning lady might assume the bottles in one of rooms to be the consumption of the mini bar. However that was mineral water purchased from the supermarket. When we checked out, the elder travels were already in the mini bus we rent, we just assumed they did drink something from the minibar, and trusted the information the hotel provided.

So we paid the drink they didn't take out from the fridge. Later when we called back the hotel, their response was " Since you didn't drink from the minibar, why did you pay for it? "

One thing worth mentioning was that the location was at the fringe of the city, definitely not in the downtown of Ankara. Think again and check the map if you wanna book it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

We stayed here only one night. The hotel had recently opened, yet the service was flawless. The rooms were very nicely decorated and the location is very good. There was a wedding ceremony in one of the gardens during our stay and that seemed very well organised as well. This hotel is ideal for business travellers, conferences and wedding receptions.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Vienna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

We went Hotel Monec around 15 people for a conferance in Ankara. Perfectly located and realy charming Hotel. Staff are very friendly and helpful(it was first time for me to be in Ankara). I particularly recomend for business travelers to Ankara!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

Hotel Monec is my favorite in Ankara!The location it's just perfect and the staff are really nice, they gave me all the information I needed and lots of recomendations and spoke excellent English. The breakfast was very complete(generally food was amazing!!). The rooms are stlylish and uniqe and so clean.I strongly recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Monec? Share your experiences!