“Fabulous place for a wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawkesdene House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andrews
Hawkesdene House
You added Hawkesdene House to your Saves list
381 Phillips Creek Road, Andrews, NC 28901   |
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Fabulous place for a wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We spent two nights here for a wedding and the service was impeccable, the food couldn't have been better and attractions on the ground met everyone's needs. We stayed in the main lodge and our room was right by the breakfast as so we did hear the coffee being made at 6:30 in the morning and the noise from the kitchen. I would suggest that you request another room but if that is all that is available, still plan on staying here

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I recently attended my brother-in-law's wedding at Hawkesdene House. We arrived Friday late afternoon and stayed until Sunday morning. They rented out the entire estate for their wedding and, I must say, this has got to be one of the most ideal locations for a wedding!

The property itself is beautiful! The estate is very well cared for and there's a great "photo op" everywhere you turn! We stayed in the Main House which I can only describe as "mountain chic" - the House has a very rustic feel to it with definite modern touches. The rooms themselves are modern in style and quite comfortable (they don't skimp on the pillows and bedding)!

I have spent a great deal of time traveling - whether it was across the country or across the world - and I've encountered numerous people in the hospitality field; some good, some not so good. I have to say that every staff member that we spoke to or just saw in passing was genuinely friendly and made you feel like welcome guests in their home.

We were served dinner on Friday and Saturday nights as well as breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings. The food was fantastic....everything we had was delicious! And there is a "snack station" available at all times (which is convenient if you don't feel like making the 10 minute drive into town to the local grocery store).

The House is as much family-friendly as it is perfect for a romantic getaway. There isn't much to do in town, but if you enjoy the outdoors or simply want to lounge peacefully on a deck or by the fire pit, then this place is ideal for you. I'm not the "outdoorsy type" but even I could appreciate the beauty of the Hawkesdene House estate - you cannot help but leave feeling rejuvenated!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

5 stars isn't enough to describe our experience at this phenomenal venue! From the moment we walked on to the property we knew this is where we wanted to get married. The main house and all the cottages look like they belong in a magazine. All the furnishings are beautiful ...like our friends and family said it looks like a place on HGTV!
Rob and Phil are the most caring, attentive and professional people to work with. My stress level for planning our wedding went to a zero as soon as we decided to book here. The staff is so wonderful and kind. One of the staff even fixed a flat tire for us! Always going above and beyond for everyone.
Phil cooks the most amazing food I have ever tasted...everyone kept going back for more and asking for recipes.
If you want a quiet, beautiful estate for your wedding that is stress free, intimate with superb quality...book the Hawkesdene House it is unforgettable!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I were married by the covered bridge at Hawkesdene House this April, and over a month later we, our family, and our friends are still raving about the time we were able to spend there. From the very first visit, it was apparent that Rob, Phil, and the rest of the staff would offer us exactly what we envisioned in a destination wedding venue -- a warm and inviting location where we could relax with our family and closest friends over an extended weekend. (Side Note: It was also a plus that it had gorgeous mountains, bubbling brooks, and lots of llamas!)

Rob and Phil are outstanding hosts! They were there whenever we needed them, out of sight whenever we didn't. The service we received from the staff was nothing short of superb, and I've heard many of our guests say the food was hands down the best they have ever been served at a wedding. Rob was patient and responsive in helping us work out details of the wedding and reception on the phone and over email. His list of vendors was a tremendously helpful source of information for a couple who had limited opportunities to visit before the wedding.

For all intents and purposes, our wedding weekend there was flawless! We feel extremely fortunate to have found such a wonderful place to marry. My wife and I have been fortunate enough to travel to many places both here and abroad, but Hawkesdene House holds a tremendously special place in our hearts and is one of the few places we'd happily visit again and again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just got back yesterday from a wedding celebration at Hawkesdene House and can't stop thinking of how amazing the place is. The house is beautiful, the cabins are amazing, the grounds are gorgeous, the food is out-of-this world and the service is superb. I can't think of words excellent enough for this place or the hospitality the Phil and Rob showed the group of us. Rob was never out of sight for a moment, always there to make sure things were going smoothly and we wanted for nothing. All the while Phil was working tirelessly in the kitchen whipping up incredible food. Can't wait for a reason to tell people to visit here and possibly even have the chance to visit again myself. The only drawback is that I'm from Indiana and the distance from me, but we can't hold that against them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Recently visited Hawkesdene House for a quick weekend trip & have nothing but wonderful things to say about our visit. The owners are incredibly kind & the food is as delicious as advertised. We decided to get married there next year, but we'd absolutely recommend it as a family reunion venue, or just for a fun getaway as well! We immediately felt at home and didn't want to leave. 5 star for sure.

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center