“What a great hidden gem.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Turkey Creek Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Almond
Turkey Creek Campground
You added Turkey Creek Campground to your Saves list
135 Turkey Creek Road, PO Box 93, Almond, NC 28702   |
Tega Cay, South Carolina, United States
“What a great hidden gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We chose this campground based on other reviews. We were not let down. This is a great spot, with easy access to all the outdoor adventures nearby. There is even a great trail to train tracks and the lake that Huey (Dog Host)would be happy to lead you to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We started camping at Turkey Creek on the recommendation of a fellow TVCC paddler. The sites are flat, generous and well maintained. The bath house is nicer than some hotels – tiled, clean and generous. We appreciate the enforced quiet hours. This is a family friendly establishment, not one for large, loud groups. The hosts are always professional and pleasant. We became regulars this summer when paddling the Nantahala and plan to keep returning.

Room Tip: Shoot for a site on the creek if possible.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I met the owners when I was in college, driving out from Arkansas to kayak the Nantahala R. and not having a clue where to camp. I've been staying with them for 20 years now, every time I come out that way. Now I bring my kids out to raft instead of kayaking, but the campground just keeps getting better over the years (spectacular showers and bathrooms now!), and the owners are still the same great people who treated me so well when I first showed up two decades ago. Sure like to spend my money with people like these.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Tracy City, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed here in our RV trailer just one night. Very impressed with well-maintained surroundings. Fresh gravel on the roads & camping spaces. Beautiful restroom facility.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

My wife and I discovered Turkey Creek Campground through the internet. Good straight forward web site and loved the online registration form. We try to camp next to the creek its self every time we go (now 5 years straight). The staff is wonderful to talk with and very helpful. Bath house and showers are 4 stars when it comes to camp grounds. Also the clubhouse / deck area is a masterpiece of carpentry! You will just love spending your camping time at Turkey Creek Campground, we do year after year. Happy camping!

Room Tip: Always try and book your reservation like a week or two ahead of your arrival so you can get a good...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I've stayed at Turkey Creek three times since discovering it in 2010 and it's always a great experience. There's plenty of shade; the sites are packed in neatly; most have good tent pads; the bathrooms are awesome and clean; there's ice in the office and coffee & danish if you need that in the morning; all the sites have water and you can arrange for electricity.

The campground's owners are friendly and laid back, yet at the same time, don't put up with any nonsense. It's not a place for people who want to party around the bonfire all night long and get loud.

If you get in early enough you can stake out a site alongside the babbling brook and if you have a group of people, the owners can usually get you all in the same area. I've brought groups twice and people end up driving away saying it's the nicest campground they've ever stayed at.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I camped at Turkey Creek Campground for over a month during different weeks over the summer of 2011 during my relocation from Florida to North Carolina. This was by far the nicest campground of my adventure which ranged from Almond to Asheville which included many a campground in my travels in Western North Carolina. There are numerous sites to choose from and most if not all are shaded and have water and power hook-ups as well fire rings of stacked stone. There is a dump station if you have an RV. The owners are the best and really go out of their way to make every camper feel welcome as does Huey, thier friendly dog. The restrooms and showers are brand new and kept extremely clean as well as the laundry room. Firewood and ice are always available and there's even a game room with a pool table as well as Wi-Fi access. A large relaxing deck overlooks the campground complete with rocking chairs and tables. My first night I felt like I was in the Avatar movie as fireflies where everywhere granting me a warm and mystical welcome. Prices are very reasonable and the location rocks as you're very close to hiking, swimming, kayaking and rafting. There is a great trail on site that takes you to the lake for fishing or swimming. By far one of the best campgrounds I've ever enjoyed. Highest recommendation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Turkey Creek Campground? Share your experiences!