“A definite go-to Japanese place in the Metro” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omakase

Omakase
2/F Intrepid Plaza Bldg., E. Rodriguez Ave., Libis, Quezon City, Luzon, Philippines
Improve this listing
Ranked #102 of 1,078 restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Quezon City, Philippines
“A definite go-to Japanese place in the Metro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012 via mobile

I was introduced to Omakase by an officemate who was raving about this place and promised to treat us there..... The treat did not happen but I got intrigued enough to try it on my own. So I asked my foodie buddy to take me there and see for ourselves...

And we were impressed...

We arrived at the store near their closing time but they still let us in, took our orders graciously, and suggested food that eventually become our regular orders.

Their bento meal servings are filling and reasonably priced... Their seaweed salad is delicious and their Tuna Tataki is just perfect and heavenly..

This place is highly recommended and is one of the best Japanese restaurants in the country.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

68% Recommend
Manila, Philippines
“Japanese food in Libis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011 via mobile

Sure, location may not be great but you have to try their food. I had the katsudon which was flavorful, try the ouster and tofu

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Juan, Philippines
“getting worse!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

went back last Friday dinner to attend a birthday party. food still okay but the place is looking run down. worse - plenty of small cockroaches running around - especially in areas where they keep the "clean" plates to be used by new customers!

waiters/waitresses don't seem to mind...maybe they expect their customers to not mind also!!!

people used to line up to get into this place...this time on a friday night the place was half empty - not a very good sign! i also don't see the owners around anymore...

i will not go back unless i have to (attend a party or something)

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Laguna
“Delicious and fresh take on Japanese fusion cuisine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My wife and I are both fans of sushi and makimono. On the side, I am also apt to try nabemono and ramen while my wife likes yakimono. That said, this restaurant was a refreshing find.

The maki and sushi are simply divine. We visited several times over the year and it seemed like their rolls' delectability never deviated from the last one we had. Top amongst those we tried were the dynamite roll, mt. fuji roll, the spider maki and the jurassic roll.

Their nabe are ok as well. Though I would rather reserve space for their maki because they are simply addictive.

The teriyaki chicken was so-so. I've had the same quality from Teriyaki Boy (except Teriyaki Boy's makimono are not up to par with Omakase's).

Do you get what I am trying to push across? Right! Try their maki. That alone makes the trip to Omakase worth it (even if the rest of their menu are still quite good).

Oh, as a last note: If you are looking for traditional Japanese cuisine, this is not the place. Their specialty is fusion and a fresh take on modern Japanese cuisine.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manila, Philippines
“Not the real thing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

The food is neither good nor bad - but it's definitely not authentic. They've added too much pizzaz that the mayo on their sushi chokes. And the worst part is, they served me cold Aspara beef rolls! Service and price fair.

Visited November 2011