“Very handy for malls and ADB” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria

You added Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ortigas Avenue, Corner Asian Dev., Bank Avenue, Quezon City, Luzon 1100, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Quezon City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Very handy for malls and ADB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

If you're visiting the Asian Development Bank the hotel is a good choice for a short stay. It's five minutes on foot to the ADB. The hotel is attached to the Galleria Mall with a wide choice of cheap and cheerful eating places. The room I had was a perfectly acceptable twin-bed with a good well-lit workspace and ethernet internet in the room rate. The staff are cheerful and helpful and the breakfast buffet is quite OK with a good choice of Western and Asian foods - the only downer is the usual awful breakfast muzak.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the Crowne Plaza Galleria and will be staying there evrytime I visit the Philippines for Business. I was there for just on 7 days and found that I didn't have to go too far from the Hotel to get everything I needed. The Crowne Plaza is attached to the Holiday Inn so there are a quite a number of retaurants and bars that you can go to without leaving the Hotel. The Chinese restaurant in the hotel was magnificent. The Pan Fried Tiger Praws in Oyester Sauce are particularly tasty. On Each night in Bar One they have a different live band. On the night that I went down (Thursday) an 80's cover band was playing. Being of that age group I was happy to spend the evening listening to some music.
Getting a cab was never an issue (Except on the Tuesday night when it really pelted down raining). I stayed on the executive level and had full access to the Club Lounge that provided Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner and a Cocktail hour. The staff were so very friendly and bent over backwards to ensure that my stay was perfect. Within walking distance is Metrowalk, where I found a great bar 'Mugen', a must for those that want to D&D (Dance and Drink). Overall I would highly recommend the Crowne Plaza Hotel. A bit pricey but does the job.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

We were met, after a bit of a delay, by the hotel car at the airport. There is a charge for this service of about £16. This is the safest way to get to your hotel in Manila. The hotel is meant to be in an upmarket part of town but it is still very poor with some broken down buildings and people living in shacks so we are very fortunate to be living in such a nice place in comparison.
There was tight security to go through on entering the hotel - they say it is for our safety. There was a bit of a mix up when we first arrived and we ended up in a twin bedded room rather than a queen size bedded room. We opted for the executive floor because of all the extras like free WIFI, afternoon sandwiches and cakes, breakfast in the quiet executive lounge where they will cook you anything you want in the way of eggs, free foot massage which was wonderful. The evening drinks and snacks were excellent and really constituted a full meal. The rooms are large, but as with all hotels which are not brand new , it was a little knocked about but relatively clean. There was a bit of mould on the caulking in the shower but not too bad. The staff in the executive lounge bend over backwards to be helpful. The hotel is linked directly on the third floor to the Robinsons Mall which was okay but nothing special. There is security at the entrance to the hotel from the mall. On the negative side the swimming pool which is shared by the Holiday Inn (same company as Crowne Plaza) is very small with not very attractive surroundings . There is a massage/beauty salon in the Holiday Inn via the fifth floor. I was informed on the Crowne Plaza website that there were self service washer/dryers in the hotel which would be good for those travelling around. However that is not the case, but because of this they gave me 30% off all of the washing I had done by the inhouse laundry service which is pretty cheap anyway Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

We had 2 separate stays here before and after the trip to Palawan and we were very happy with the rooms, service and location. We are in Priortiy Club and got it as a Point Break which was a tremendous bargain! They kept our larger bag while we went to Palawan so we could travel light. The room service portions are huge, get a club sandwich to share. It was nice to be right next to a shopping mall, we got soft drinks and snacks at the supermarket and dinner at the food court. The money changer at the lowest level of the shopping centre has better rates than the hotel. The hotel charges for internet but you can get online from the food court for free. Swimming pool is small but OK.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong Region, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

The hotel is well located in the Central business district of Ortigas, close to the shopping malls. The personnel is really doing their best to provide excellent service. Sometimes, it is a bit clumsy, though never irritating.

Rooms are a bit ran down. Dammage on the walls, furniture and carpet is not repaired. This gives the impression that the maintenance of the hotel is neglected and this is probably the case. Same is valid for the Gym. Though, also here : excellent service.

I stayed at a 2 room suite which was spacious with a nice bathroom. Though, it was located on the 6th floor which made it quite noisy. The room was a cornerroom and there was no noise from the inside. Only from the street.

Conclusion : a good business hotel with a very friendly and service minded staff.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

Travelling in different countries is a part of my business and I make it a point to stay with the club access. This June I've decided to stay again in Crowne Plaza since my meetings will be in the same area. I was amazed how my check in went. First thing is that I was properly introduced to the Front Desk Agent by Avis driver, 2nd the male front desk agent from the lounge gave a warmed welcome back and accompanied me to the lift . From the lift i was told that we will go straight to the room i booked and showed me all necessary papers i have to sign. When we entered the room.. the room is very clean, cold, cozy and they even have flowers and fruits set up it my desk. After that I've decided to freshen up and relax. 10 mins after I received a call from the club asking me if they've met my room preference. It's a great idea to call guest's after check in which I only encounter in your hotel.I could say that it was the most smooth check in I ever had ever since I've started travelling and staying in different hotels. And it did'nt end there when I went to the lounge for cocktails. They this amazing dish called Beef Salpicao... Oh it was very delicious, even the shrimp which normally I don't eat looks very temting and it was also delicious. The butler also are very accomodating and always smiling. I even heard them talking to one of their guest, how they are enjoying the good service and the warm treatment.. Now I am very certain that Crowne Plaza Galleria Club Lounge has a world class treatment for their guest!!! GOD JOB!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

Stayed here on a business trip and found the rooms are very comfortable. The hotel has nice conference facilities for business meetings. It is also very close to the shopping mall, which offers a large variety of dining choices.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!