“Good enough but needs improvement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ortigas Avenue, Corner Asian Dev., Bank Avenue, Quezon City, Luzon 1100, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Get Up to 35% Off
Ranked #3 of 47 hotels in Quezon City
Manila, Philippines
“Good enough but needs improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Last Christmas, our family decided to greet Christmas in their hotel. Since it's a stone's throw away from EDSA Shrine where a good Christmas eve mass was conducted, we booked a night here.

Location: You can go to Robinson's Galleria without going outside the hotel since it's directly connected to the mall. But if you're checking in at this time (Christmas or New Year's eve), it would be really hard to find the next day restaurants that are open.

Service: Nothing significant. We got a room upgrade and Christmas chocolate though.

Room: It was really big, too big that it looked bare. A lot of their furniture needs to be upgraded especially their TV. I think they still have the bulky CTV. I barely remember how their bathroom look like and they need to clean their windows. They have floor to ceiling windows so the fingerprints and dust are very visible especially in the morning. Plus it ruins the view.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
John Romelle S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you KR we will do the needful to make your next stay better!

454 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The club Lounge has great food and a good cocktail sevice in the evenings. The Hotel staff are friendly and offer great service. Sid in Concierge is a great asset. Hotel is near a massive shopping center and shares it's pool with the Holiday inn next door.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
John Romelle S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Hi Beijingheart

Thank you for the wonderful review! Sid is very happy with your commendation, we hope to see you soon again.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Unless you need to be in this particular part of the city, I suggest you stay at the Shangri-La Makati. This hotel is well past it's prime and management no longer cares. The hotel has smoking rooms and the smell of cigarette smoke actually circulates into all of the guest rooms, so much so that a non smoking room is easily mistaken for a smoking one. I have co-workers on various floors all of whom complain of the cigarette smell.
The food is poor quality by Westerm standards (breakfast waffles can be used as hockey pucks) and room service will never quite get your order right. The service in the restaurant is slow and unresponsive. The beds are hard and wifi is only of medium strength, difficult if you're a business traveler. TVs are the old tube type and a mere 25" inch screen.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hi Wiremom. First of all, we would like to thank you for your honest feedback. Let me take this opportunity to improve the services that we give to our valued guests, hence we have already taken necessary actions to address your concerns. We also recognize that the hotel is over 5 years old and we are currently doing some refinement with our facilities and public areas. This will take months of work and thank you so much for bearing us. By mid-2013, we will be doing a repositioning of Crowne Plaza and we hope you'll give us an opportunity to present to you the changes we will be having.
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel is in Ortigas, Quezon City area. It's in the same complex with Holiday Inn and Galleria Mall. Even it's shared some facilities with Holiday Inn such as swimming pool, SPA, fitness facilities, and restaurant.

Since it's in the same complex with Galleria Mall, it's really convenient to shop and eat around this area. Galleria Mall has supermarket in the basement, 2 bookstores, many restaurants and other stores. Of course, you will not have broad choice compare you stay in Makati, but I found it quite convenient for me. If you want bigger mall, the nearest one is Megamall. If I'm not mistaken, there is free shuttle bus from Crowne Plaza to Megamall.

The service is perfect and fast.
The room is simple and modern and somehow I felt the king size bed is bigger than others (or just my feeling). I love the room and bathroom just perfect.

If you can get package with breakfast, please do that. The breakfast is great, you can find a lot of options - Philippines local food, Chinese style with porridge and noodle, western food, Japanese food, great options of fruits and other healthy options.

Note : if you has Priority Club, you can check with the hotel. Sometimes they have special offer for Priority Club member. I got 2x USD 10 voucher for any room services, and I used that to order Salmon Steak which was great and you just to add another USD 2 with the voucher.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
John Romelle S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hi Franskwee

Thank you for the review, we have the biggest rooms available in the area and all of our meals including breakfast are good!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've been to the Crowne Plaza Manila multiple times and their customer service is always top notch. From the front office staff to the room service attendant they always have a smile and always ensure I have everything I need.

I work nights while I'm in Manila and the hotel does a great job of giving me a quiet room and have never disturbed me while I'm sleeping during the day...not always so in other hotels where I've had to do modify my sleeping schedule.

Having the Mall connected to the hotel is great but honestly didn't even visit during my first 2 visits and it didn't really bother me either.

Room Tip: If you're working night hours be sure to ask them for an end room on a higher floor..makes it mu...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
John Romelle S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Hi septsuz

Thank you for the wonderful review. All of our people are delighted with your comments.
Melbourne, Australia
1,141 reviews 1,141 reviews
2,666 helpful votes 2,666 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had a two night stay at this 20 year old hotel. For tourists, it is in a worse location than either Makati or Manila Bay (Malate or Ermita) but it is close to a lot of Filipino call or business process outsourcing centres for businessmen.

Checkin was fast.

There are only three lifts for floors 5 to 19 (there is no floor 13) inclusive. At times, with at least 100 Pakistanis staying for an infectious diseases conference, this was inadequate.

My room was of a reasonable size and generally well maintained, although I had to call housekeeping to get a leaking toilet cistern fixed.

Lighting in the bedroom was excellent with three downlights over the two double beds. Often this is not the case in such hotels.

While it did not keep me awake, traffic noise was noticeable from the 12th floor but strangely not from the 3rd floor Seven Corners hotel restaurant.

The room had a very clean bath and adequate shower, but the lack of a 'rainshower' showerhead was disappointing.

The old CRT television had about 80 cable TV channels but desparately requires replacing with a modern plasma television set.

Double glazing is also required but doubtless expensive.

The buffet breakfast was reasonable but lacked the finer touches such as shakes that are seen for instance at Mandarin Oriental. The restaurant had a worn, rundown look with the staffs' insistence on keeping most curtains closed at breakfast contributing to a 'dull' look. The parquetry was worn, for instance.

The hotel pool was clean and the attendant pleasant.

The hotel's saving grace is that it is seamlessly connected to the partly recently renovated Robinsons Galleria Mall, an excellent shopping centre. That's why I've given the hotel 4/5 not 3/5.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
John Romelle S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Hi Victorianland

Our hotel is specifically located at the heart of Ortigas and we are the only hotel directly connected to a shopping. We are glad you enjoyed your stay!

Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've stayed here numerous times and I simply loved Crowne Plaza! It's good for families with kids and for couples. Another plus for this hotel is its located above a shopping mall. If you're a shopping junkie like me, then this is the best place for you. The breakfast menu is also great, staff are attentive and the place is clean. Their staff are honest, I left something important in my room when I checked out and only realised it was missing when I was home. I called them and they are so polite and honest, they eventually found it and so thankful that they did. Would recommend this hotel when staying in QC or Pasig/ortigas area.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hi LP

Thank you for the review! We built this hotel to be friendly and loving to all families. :)

Been to Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!