“Yummy desserts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Shibuya

Cafe Shibuya
Ground Floor, University of the Philippines Town Center, Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City, Luzon 1101, Philippines
2 722 2237
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 1,137 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Japanese
QC
“Yummy desserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Cafe Shibuya is known for their desserts but they also have pasta and savory toasts. The concept of their desserts is fairly simple. A thick slice of bread in different flavors like green tea with strawberries, chocolate, toffee and bananas topped with ice cream. It sounds simple but tastes really good especially if you pick the right flavors. My favorite is banoffee! It comes in two sizes, baby and regular. You can share the baby size with a friend since the slices are thick especially if you just had dinner.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Must Try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Their place is has a nice ambiance. It's perfect for bonding with the family or friends or for a date with your special someone. When we went there we were already full from our lunch in Casa Verde, so we just ate there for desserts. I personally ordered their Ferrero Hazelnut baby french toast. I was so eager to eat it so I was not able to take a photo of it. Thus, the photo I was able to upload was the Mango Caramel baby french toast (if my memory serves right). I love their french toasts after my first bite! Their french toast was true to their tagline which was "toasty on the outside... soft and chewy on the inside." I would definitely come back for more. I think I'll try their honey french toast which was ordered by most of the customers around us.

P.S. If you're wondering why I ordered a baby instead of the regular because their regular serving is good for sharing. Instead of the usual one scoop of ice cream, it's served with two scoops.

Manila, Philippines
“Cream peanut butter toast is a winner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The peanut butter toast is a winner!

Nice ambience,great service and yummy food.

Highly recommended!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Quite An Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The establishment is relatively new but it has already reaped good feedback from obviously satisfied diners, us included. We weren't supposed to have lunch there, but since our original choice was still closed, Cafe Shibuya is were we found ourselves in. They have a specially baked bread which they earnestly recommend. It's more than an inch thick, crunchy on the outside but soft and fluffy inside. It comes with various toppings (choice of cheese, meat, etc) and is a complete meal by itself. They also offer different pasta dishes and rice meals, all (I presume) with a distinct Japanese twist. Prices are a bit over the average person's budget but since it's located in an upscale neighborhood, that shouldn't really be a major concern for the cafe.

• Visited December 2013